+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

jeffgee03

Jun 22, 2013
@farmerofthedell: Tough luck, I know. I believe the lead litigant in the court case also applied in 2005. Too bad. Well maybe because we're bringing the whole family. We actually got a call from Manila VO in 2010. Unfortunately, our principal applicant was out of town. They said they'd call again but didn't. I think it's mainly because of the backlog they weren't able to call us back. We tried to update our file but we received an email from FSW unit that they'd just contact us if they needed something.

So now we're having problems with the refund since they can't send it to the Philippines because of a sanction. They needed a mailing address "outside the country of residence" which, of course, we don't have since we're still here in PH. I don't know how other Pinoys did it. Maybe they gave their relative's foreign address or something. We're still trying to find a way to receive it ourselves but if there are no other options, we might contact our relatives in other countries if we can just direct it to them. For applicants affected with this issue, maybe you can help me on this. Thanks. BTW, we contacted the VO regarding this but they don't know as well since they only receive applications and remit it to CIC.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
zardoz said:
Which god? There are so many, or none, to choose from... ;D
http://www.venganza.org/

azilal

Jun 29, 2013
L'offre d'emploi

Bonjour à tout le monde Forum Immigration!
je vous demanderais si quelqu'un d'entre vous pourrait m'indiquer quelle procédure à suivre pour trouver une offre d'emploi de l'extérieur de Canada, sachant que j'ai envoyé tant de demandes auprès de plusieurs employeurs depuis le mois 9-2012,malheureusement ,aucune réponse n'a pas été reçu à ce sujet.
Cependant,je suis toujours en attente ,car le Cabinet du Maître Monsieur David Cohen, m'a demandé de lui communiqué l'offre d'emploi trouvée
afin d’être éligible.
Cordialement!

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
jeffgee03 said:
@ farmerofthedell: Tough luck, I know. I believe the lead litigant in the court case also applied in 2005. Too bad. Well maybe because we're bringing the whole family. We actually got a call from Manila VO in 2010. Unfortunately, our principal applicant was out of town. They said they'd call again but didn't. I think it's mainly because of the backlog they weren't able to call us back. We tried to update our file but we received an email from FSW unit that they'd just contact us if they needed something.

So now we're having problems with the refund since they can't send it to the Philippines because of a sanction. They needed a mailing address "outside the country of residence" which, of course, we don't have since we're still here in PH. I don't know how other Pinoys did it. Maybe they gave their relative's foreign address or something. We're still trying to find a way to receive it ourselves but if there are no other options, we might contact our relatives in other countries if we can just direct it to them. For applicants affected with this issue, maybe you can help me on this. Thanks. BTW, we contacted the VO regarding this but they don't know as well since they only receive applications and remit it to CIC.
I have the same letter you do, that the Philippines falls under Canada's Special Economic Measures Act. A Google search does not show anything specific about it though, and I can only find SEMA for Myanmar, Iran, Zimbabwe, and most recently, Syria. I've gotten a GST refund check in the mail from Canada before, so Philippines under SEMA must be a mistake.

jeffgee03

Jun 22, 2013
farmerofthedell said:
I have the same letter you do, that the Philippines falls under Canada's Special Economic Measures Act. A Google search does not show anything specific about it though, and I can only find SEMA for Myanmar, Iran, Zimbabwe, and most recently, Syria. I've gotten a GST refund check in the mail from Canada before, so Philippines under SEMA must be a mistake.
Do you mean you replied with your Philippine address with this one? Did you get a confirmation message that they received it?

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
jeffgee03 said:
Do you mean you replied with your Philippine address with this one? Did you get a confirmation message that they received it?
Haven't replied yet. I'm waiting for a correction, as I really can't find anything online about SEMA and the Philippines. Alternatively, I'm inclned to use the form available online, which does not contain the letter about SEMA, and request to have my refund sent to PH.

Gaber1

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
All be agree. when 300000 figure of little kids, women and young ones whose future is nearly distroyed by un responsible & insensitive leaders at helm, then how those leaders can stay at peace when every one is daily preying for the un peace to them.

Knight_Crusader

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Gaber1 said:
All be agree. when 300000 figure of little kids, women and young ones whose future is nearly distroyed by un responsible & insensitive leaders at helm, then how those leaders can stay at peace when every one is daily preying for the un peace to them.
Did the kids come into the world thinking they would be growing up in Canada ?
Wonder, why we dont show this hatred to the the local politicians in ones own country for making the life a living hell hole there !

chem_miss

May 16, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2013
Nomination.....
PER RECEIVED - 01-Aug-2013
IELTS Request
Sent together with application (R=7.5, L=7, W=7, S=7)
Med's Request
8-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
11-Apr-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
17-Aug-2014
HI!

I'm a pre-2008 applicant (filed June 2007) and non-litigant. Last July 19, I received an email from CIC (see below).

Hello,

This message is in response to your refund request. Most fees will be returned in the form of a cheque from the Receiver General of Canada. However, as a result of banking restrictions on foreign transactions in your country of residence, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will only return fees directly to you through an electronic funds transfer.

In order for these fees to be returned to you as quickly as possible, you must complete the “Return of Processing Fee, Right of Permanent Residence Fee or Right of Landing Fee” form attached as well as the separate “Foreign Electronic Funds Transfer” form accompanying this email and return both forms to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) within 60 days of the date on this letter.

The payment will be issued in the appropriate currency known to be accepted in the country where the electronic funds transfer will be sent. The final amount will be calculated based on the exchange rate on the date of the payment.

The required completed “Return of Processing Fee, Right of Permanent Residence Fee or Right of Landing Fee” AND “Foreign Electronic Funds Transfer” forms must be returned to CIC either by:

1) E-MAIL (CIC preferred method) to: FSWFeeReturn@cic.gc.ca; or

2) MAIL to:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
P.O. Box 9639
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 4B3
CANADA

Sincerely,

I did not apply apply for refund before BUT will do now as my occupation is included in 2013 FSW. My new application was received May 23 2013. Hopefully, it will work out this time in less than a year as promised by Kenney. Otherwise, I will give up on my Canadian dream as this is already my 2nd attempt.

To those who go for the appeal, Good luck and Best Wishes to your journey.

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chem_miss said:
HI!

I'm a pre-2008 applicant (filed June 2007) and non-litigant. Last July 19, I received an email from CIC (see below).

Hello,

This message is in response to your refund request. Most fees will be returned in the form of a cheque from the Receiver General of Canada. However, as a result of banking restrictions on foreign transactions in your country of residence, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will only return fees directly to you through an electronic funds transfer.

In order for these fees to be returned to you as quickly as possible, you must complete the “Return of Processing Fee, Right of Permanent Residence Fee or Right of Landing Fee” form attached as well as the separate “Foreign Electronic Funds Transfer” form accompanying this email and return both forms to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) within 60 days of the date on this letter.

The payment will be issued in the appropriate currency known to be accepted in the country where the electronic funds transfer will be sent. The final amount will be calculated based on the exchange rate on the date of the payment.

The required completed “Return of Processing Fee, Right of Permanent Residence Fee or Right of Landing Fee” AND “Foreign Electronic Funds Transfer” forms must be returned to CIC either by:

1) E-MAIL (CIC preferred method) to: FSWFeeReturn @ cic.gc.ca; or

2) MAIL to:
P.O. Box 9639
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 4B3
CANADA

Sincerely,

I did not apply apply for refund before BUT will do now as my occupation is included in 2013 FSW. My new application was received May 23 2013. Hopefully, it will work out this time in less than a year as promised by Kenney. Otherwise, I will give up on my Canadian dream as this is already my 2nd attempt.

I am also in the same boat, gave for refund and now applied in FSW 2013, application reached June 7th. I hope this time things go better and the waiting period will be less.. Pre 2008 applicants need to be processed a little more faster than others since we had been waiting for long!!!( Day dreaming )

jeffgee03

Jun 22, 2013
chem_miss said:
HI!

Hello,

1) E-MAIL (CIC preferred method) to: FSWFeeReturn @ cic.gc.ca; or

2) MAIL to:
P.O. Box 9639
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 4B3
CANADA

Sincerely,

Hi. Did you reply for the refund thru the online form and using your Philippine address? Then after that, they sent you this email?

chem_miss

May 16, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2013
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
8-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
11-Apr-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
17-Aug-2014
jeffgee03 said:
Hi. Did you reply for the refund thru the online form and using your Philippine address? Then after that, they sent you this email?
I've sent the online form using my Philippine address last October 2012 to my consultancy firm and I have never received any feedback from them. I guess they forwarded that form to FSWFeeReturn@cic.gc.ca. To my surprise last week, I received an email again from CIC asking me to fill-up the two forms which I did yesterday after asking information from my bank like bank swift number, etc.. Hope to receive the refund as soon as possible.. ;)

chem_miss

May 16, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2013
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
8-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
11-Apr-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
17-Aug-2014
joe07 said:
I am also in the same boat, gave for refund and now applied in FSW 2013, application reached June 7th. I hope this time things go better and the waiting period will be less.. Pre 2008 applicants need to be processed a little more faster than others since we had been waiting for long!!!( Day dreaming )
Amen to that Joe07! ;) We are very lucky to have our job included in the list for FSW2013. To those who are not have other option like PNP if they still want to pursue their Canadian dream..I'm actually expecting feedback from CIC 2nd or 3rd week of July as they have already started working on files received as of May 10 (I read from other forum)..Goodluck to us and Hope we will join the Canada day next year!!! :p :p

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chem_miss said:
Amen to that Joe07! ;) We are very lucky to have our job included in the list for FSW2013. To those who are not have other option like PNP if they still want to pursue their Canadian dream..I'm actually expecting feedback from CIC 2nd or 3rd week of July as they have already started working on files received as of May 10 (I read from other forum)..Goodluck to us and Hope we will join the Canada day next year!!! :p :p
Very True.. hope this time we don't get disappointed..and for PNP please do not try with any agencies i lost money on PNP last year..my file as per the details shared in the other forum i should hear 3rd or 4th week of July :)