+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Trade worker - 2019 draw?

gem04

Oct 7, 2019
We’re also awaiting the FST draw. We were so sure it would happen in September we got all our documents ready and then nothing... My husband is convinced it will happen before Christmas but I’m starting to give up hope on the whole idea - I feel so deflated it’s taken us 2 years to get to this point so far. If you don’t mind me asking how have you receive your LMIA and NOI? We’re currently in the job bank but we’ve no luck whatsoever, my husband has applied for so many positions but no one seems interested in a foreign worker. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Felicity1234

Aug 19, 2019
England
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22/11/2019
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2020
We’re also awaiting the FST draw. We were so sure it would happen in September we got all our documents ready and then nothing... My husband is convinced it will happen before Christmas but I’m starting to give up hope on the whole idea - I feel so deflated it’s taken us 2 years to get to this point so far. If you don’t mind me asking how have you receive your LMIA and NOI? We’re currently in the job bank but we’ve no luck whatsoever, my husband has applied for so many positions but no one seems interested in a foreign worker. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
I really thought it would happen by now too still hope for November?! We started this process may 2018, it had taken a long time for everything! His job is LMIA exempt (noc7271 carpentry) i.e he will be refused. He had his red seal journeyman (the other requirement, if no job offer) so he had to fly to Canada several times to clear the practical and theory, aswell as tutoring! Hence taking a long time. Regarding the NOI it was pure luck! We didn't apply for anything. They hand picked all eligible carpenters from the pool (only 22 NOI distributed) that was from NS. He does have a job offer from the several times he went there but not worth the paper it's written on due to the LMIA barrier for his noc. Sometimes feel like they don't want trade people. He also redid his IELTS to get max points. What is his profession? And your CRS? Have spoke to a few people waiting now....we been preparing the power work for the PNP, but will take the draw if it happens...as it's so such quicker and can go to the preferred province. So I guess all you can do is hang on in there!!

gem04

Oct 7, 2019
I really thought it would happen by now too still hope for November?! We started this process may 2018, it had taken a long time for everything! His job is LMIA exempt (noc7271 carpentry) i.e he will be refused. He had his red seal journeyman (the other requirement, if no job offer) so he had to fly to Canada several times to clear the practical and theory, aswell as tutoring! Hence taking a long time. Regarding the NOI it was pure luck! We didn't apply for anything. They hand picked all eligible carpenters from the pool (only 22 NOI distributed) that was from NS. He does have a job offer from the several times he went there but not worth the paper it's written on due to the LMIA barrier for his noc. Sometimes feel like they don't want trade people. He also redid his IELTS to get max points. What is his profession? And your CRS? Have spoke to a few people waiting now....we been preparing the power work for the PNP, but will take the draw if it happens...as it's so such quicker and can go to the preferred province. So I guess all you can do is hang on in there!!
There could still be a draw this month but with the Canadian general election and Brexit they may hold off until November.

My husband is plumber and gas engineer. He too has taken his Red Seal in plumbing and in July finally passed (3rd time lucky!) he said the exams were really difficult to pass, the books they use during the exam were 9 years out of date and they completely contradicted what had been read in the previous page! Eventually though he found a tutor via Skype and passed straight away.

To be honest we only sent our documents off to the College of Trades June 2018 and got the ok in December so technically we’re 15 months in. We had 390 points but my husbands IELTS expired last month and when he retook it he got a lower score and our points have dropped to 371... He is retaking the test again this Saturday so fingers crossed.

We’ve only applied for Ontario as my sister is out there perhaps we’re limiting ourselves too much.

How many points do you have and where are you hoping to relocate to?

Felicity1234

Aug 19, 2019
England
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22/11/2019
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2020
There could still be a draw this month but with the Canadian general election and Brexit they may hold off until November.

My husband is plumber and gas engineer. He too has taken his Red Seal in plumbing and in July finally passed (3rd time lucky!) he said the exams were really difficult to pass, the books they use during the exam were 9 years out of date and they completely contradicted what had been read in the previous page! Eventually though he found a tutor via Skype and passed straight away.

To be honest we only sent our documents off to the College of Trades June 2018 and got the ok in December so technically we’re 15 months in. We had 390 points but my husbands IELTS expired last month and when he retook it he got a lower score and our points have dropped to 371... He is retaking the test again this Saturday so fingers crossed.

We’ve only applied for Ontario as my sister is out there perhaps we’re limiting ourselves too much.

How many points do you have and where are you hoping to relocate to?[/QUOTE

That's a good score for the trade sector, always been under 300 until the may 18 draw at 332. It's just over half of the time from last draw, so I would imagine the points would go down quite a bit surely?? We are only 328, so very close to the last cutoff! But have exhausted the means to get a higher crs scores. As eca can't be done for trade qualifications ect!! And over 30 so going down every may

What is the college of trades?? Is that something to do with the read seal? As carpentry is probably a different route! 3rd time lucky for my husband too...on the written, it's very different to UK standards ect, 1st time for practical tho.

Of course, the elections going on, hasn't effected the normal bi weekly draws, so hopefully we will still gets ours this or next month. That's if we make cut off, as it's very unpredictable isn't it!! We haven't applied for any PNP at all, just had a NOI from NS. We were hoping to relocate to Alberta, Calgary. As we have friends there and husband has work set up ect. So would if been much easier for us there, and we have been many times to visit and absolutely fallen in love with it! But if we don't reach the cut off....or draw doesn't happen, then we will relocate to Nova Scotia and start out new life there, give it a good go anyway. They have strict rules regarding PNP nominations ect.

Just found the whole process so stressful, as absolutely no guarantees!! When you get your ita through the federal skilled trade draw, rather than PNP then you can go wherever you want! Have you applied direct to Ontario? Doesn't seem any trade is in demand in any province that I can see!! We have two children aswell, so we are very eager to get out there and start new.

Felicity1234

Aug 19, 2019
England
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22/11/2019
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2020
That's a good score for the trade sector, always been under 300 until the may 18 draw at 332. It's just over half of the time from last draw, so I would imagine the points would go down quite a bit surely?? We are only 328, so very close to the last cutoff! But have exhausted the means to get a higher crs scores. As eca can't be done for trade qualifications ect!! And over 30 so going down every may

What is the college of trades?? Is that something to do with the read seal? As carpentry is probably a different route! 3rd time lucky for my husband too...on the written, it's very different to UK standards ect, 1st time for practical tho.

Of course, the elections going on, hasn't effected the normal bi weekly draws, so hopefully we will still gets ours this or next month. That's if we make cut off, as it's very unpredictable isn't it!! We haven't applied for any PNP at all, just had a NOI from NS. We were hoping to relocate to Alberta, Calgary. As we have friends there and husband has work set up ect. So would if been much easier for us there, and we have been many times to visit and absolutely fallen in love with it! But if we don't reach the cut off....or draw doesn't happen, then we will relocate to Nova Scotia and start out new life there, give it a good go anyway. They have strict rules regarding PNP nominations ect.

Just found the whole process so stressful, as absolutely no guarantees!! When you get your ita through the federal skilled trade draw, rather than PNP then you can go wherever you want! Have you applied direct to Ontario? Doesn't seem any trade is in demand in any province that I can see!! We have two children aswell, so we are very eager to get out there and start new.

Reactions: Lattyjam

gem04

Oct 7, 2019
We’re in a very similar situation in our 30’s with two children. I feel like my whole life is hold at the moment!

We had to apply to the College of Trades to assess the plumbing qualifications before doing the Red Seal do - it’s basically an ECA.

Nova Scotia is meant to be lovely. How long do you have before you have to make a decision? I don’t really know too much about nominations to be honest as you can’t apply to Ontario for one without an LMIA.

Felicity1234

Aug 19, 2019
England
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22/11/2019
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2020
We’re in a very similar situation in our 30’s with two children. I feel like my whole life is hold at the moment!

We had to apply to the College of Trades to assess the plumbing qualifications before doing the Red Seal do - it’s basically an ECA.

Nova Scotia is meant to be lovely. How long do you have before you have to make a decision? I don’t really know too much about nominations to be honest as you can’t apply to Ontario for one without an LMIA.
Yeah completely agree...feel my while life is on hold also. Driving me abit nuts now. Oh yes my husband explained to me earlier lol, he did his quite a while ago.

We had 30 days to gather all the documents, do the actual application and except the notice of interest. Which is all complete and sent from today. During this time we are still eligible to be given a ITA via FST draw, until they have excepted and approved our application and given us the additional 600 points, got a ITA and excepted it, all for ns.

We haven't been to ns, but does look lovely, and sure we can settle in just fine. Might be our only opportunity to emigrate, so grabbing it with both hands!!

Oh really, some provinces require a job offer, of course. NS usaully does with its a demand stream we got chosen for. With your points,(even the lower ones) I personally don't think you have anything to worry about!! You have a great chance for getting selected, they have a quota to reach with each stream so imagine it will be within the next few draws. (Fingers crosseyou won't need that LMIA with that!

Lattyjam

Feb 28, 2019

where did you husband get tutoring for teh carpenter red seal and what was the cost as my husband would like to do it

Felicity1234

Aug 19, 2019
England
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
22/11/2019
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2020
where did you husband get tutoring for teh carpenter red seal and what was the cost as my husband would like to do it
Hi,

He had tutoring whilst in Canada. He had two failed attempts at the written, so went out for a few weeks, did the tutoring and passed. He got recommend a tutor by one of the students in the college, he also provided (lent) all the relevant books he needed to study with. The cost was around $65 cad a day, I'm pretty sure (will ask my husband and get back to you). It was a pain and a half booking and sorting the exams out (ab needing a practical aswell) we was informed that you now need to be employed by a Canadian company to sit it, perhaps that's just Alberta then. We are actually going to NS now! Would definitely recommend some sort of tutoring, my husband knows his stuff here in the UK, and excellent at maths, and still struggled with it especially the Canadian building code. Are you looking for tutoring here in the UK?