+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal skilled trade program applicants join here please

mimalikellahi

Jun 12, 2019
Hi,
I have received approval letter for writing exam from Ontario College of Trade, can I apply for FST. Please guide me. Thanks.

Bruno18

Feb 4, 2021
I don’t now if you can apply through trade or not however, after waiting for over 25 months without any update and knowing that many other applicants in the trade stream are in the same situation as me, I strongly recommend that you try your other options. FST is not a good pathway to PR. Furthermore, it might be a long time before IRCC have another FST draw if any. This is just my personal opinion and I am not an expert or consultant.
I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Last edited:
Reactions: mimalikellahi

yevgenygromov

Nov 4, 2021
did y'll came to know about the latest ircc's internal memo released via ATIP?
if not, here it is and have a look.

Correct me if I'm wrong. This would apply to new invitations vs applications already in processing eg, 2019, 2020 applicants? Also the pause of FST processing is for new applicants or does that include us the 2019 & 2020 applications currently in processing?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Correct me if I'm wrong. This would apply to new invitations vs applications already in processing eg, 2019, 2020 applicants? Also the pause of FST processing is for new applicants or does that include us the 2019 & 2020 applications currently in processing?
my understanding is, all apps currently under process from 2018-2020 are backlogs which is to be processed quick, so they are pausing draws until mid 2022, and these backlogs are now the landing quota for 2022-2023.
the tr2pr category they brought plus the massive historical draw of 27000 cec created the mess and they have no ability to process it keeping the standard of 6 months, so they have to include these two categories from 2021 along with all categories from 2018 which forms the landing quota for 2022-2023. So they are unable to invite more from the pool.

yevgenygromov

Nov 4, 2021
my understanding is, all apps currently under process from 2018-2020 are backlogs which is to be processed quick, so they are pausing draws until mid 2022, and these backlogs are now the landing quota for 2022-2023.
the tr2pr category they brought plus the massive historical draw of 27000 cec created the mess and they have no ability to process it keeping the standard of 6 months, so they have to include these two categories from 2021 along with all categories from 2018 which forms the landing quota for 2022-2023. So they are unable to invite more from the pool.
Thanks for your reply and valuable insight. Cheers.

Reactions: dankboi

mimalikellahi

Jun 12, 2019
I don’t now if you can apply through trade or not however, after waiting for over 25 months without any update and knowing that many other applicants in the trade stream are in the same situation as me, I strongly recommend that you try your other options. FST is not a good pathway to PR. Furthermore, it might be a long time before IRCC have another FST draw if any. This is just my personal opinion and I am not an expert or consultant.
I wish you the best of luck in your journey.
Thanks

skashanm

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Anyone have any update? 25 months and no update! This is torture…
I have been waiting for 4 years. I have seen few PPRs recently in fst catagory. Lets hope we get a positive news soon. Did you apply for gcms if yes what was your eligibility status?

Bruno18

Feb 4, 2021
I have been waiting for 4 years. I have seen few PPRs recently in fst catagory. Lets hope we get a positive news soon. Did you apply for gcms if yes what was your eligibility status?
This is scary. I applied for GCMS notes one year ago but didn’t get any response. Unfortunately, in my previous note the eligibility status was “review required”.

desrainphx

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
June 2020 AOR here. No updates since Sep 2020. Received three ghost updates last year in 2021. No news though. IRCC not even taking calls now and GCMS was applied 4 months ago, no response to that as well. I moved to Canada on a Work permit because had no choice last year which clearly did not help in anyway as well. No clue what to do. This is beyond torture.