+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Police Certificate (Mexico)

sanchez

Nov 7, 2012
Hello Trujillo

I want to ask you something: How you get the SPP certificate? I am living In Alberta, then I am trying to see the posibilitie of getting the "Informe de datos registrales" and the "SPP certificate" through the Visa Office of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, since in the CIC website states this:

"If you cannot obtain this document through a family member and you live outside of Mexico, you should contact the Visa Office of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, explaining your situation"

Did you get the SPP certificate using that way?

I will appreciate any advice on this subject

Regards
Joaquin

armando7

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
Hello,

I have now one month remain to send this document, but I have no idea what should to do,please have advise this is very time sensitive, as now I have only remain 1 month. I have sent email to both Mexico & Canada with my case scenario 2 times within a month, haven't t reply yet. wondering because of deadline, If i really need to go to Mexico to get PCC my self, then still I have time, should I have to go to get the one which calls SSP, as per CIC web site mentioned that now for Mexican people no need to submit 2 PCC before there was 2, 1 is issued by SSP and the 2nd one is State PCC now they have changed,they are asking only State and to get that if you are not in Mexico then you can send request in Mexico to get that,that is what I did. I am originally not from Mexico, I have got Mexican nationality. With my initial documents I did sent them my original country PCC where I was born, please have look at the following web site, Kindly let me know if you or anyone have gone through with this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp

Thanks!

Usver

Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 26 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 29 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 25 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 11 2013
Med's Done....
july 12 2013
Passport Req..
August 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2013
LANDED..........
September 24 2013
hello Armando7. I'm from Mexico too and basically in the same boat is you. I would suggest to contact your local MP and try to speak directly with some VO about your question in regard of what Police Clearance is required for nationals of Mexico. I went to my local MP office and one person in his office who is in charge of immigration issues was able to speak directly with a VO. the VO clearly explain us what the status of my application was and basically at the time no action was required from me.

sperez

Jun 6, 2013
Hi Guys,

I'm having the same issue as well. Immigration Canada requested my police certificates in November. In December 2013 I mailed all the necessary documentation to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico to obtain the Federal Police Certificate on my behalf. Recently I got an e-mail from Immigration Canada requesting the Federal Police Certificate and they gave me a 60 days deadline (they also requested the RPRF). I have contacted the Embassy in Mexico City but apparently it takes 26 business days for them to reply. How did you guys proceed with this? There is clearly miscommunication between the Canada Embassy in Mexico and Immigration Canada. Did you have to request a second set of police certificates?

Thanks,

judy86

Jul 7, 2013
hi

I have the same problem, i sent my finger prints, photos, and copy of passport the same adress in Mexico city by the middle of march 2013 , (march15 th2013) now is july 7th and i havent hear anything from them, Do you know how long does it take from the time i sent my documents to Mexico city until the time they send them to Ottawa? can you please help me with my questio? cause i am really stressed-out

thank's

Usver

Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 26 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 29 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 25 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 11 2013
Med's Done....
july 12 2013
Passport Req..
August 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2013
LANDED..........
September 24 2013
the CIC official website states that :

"How to obtain a police certificate - Mexico

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
YES, but not with your initial application.

The visa office where you submit your application will contact you when they need this information.

How and where do I obtain one?
You will need to provide:

Certificate from Procuraduría General de la República (PGR).

Depending on your situation, the PGR issues two kinds of certificates:

If you live in Mexico

The certificate you need is called the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales.
While your application is being processed, the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City will give you instructions to obtain the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales.

If you live outside Mexico

The certificate you will need is called the Informe de datos registrales. You must follow specific instructions to get this form."

kakto

Jun 27, 2013
Hello everyone!

I hope somebody can give me some advice. My husband and I applied in november last year to P.R. through the Quebec Experience Program. I am the secondary applicant since he is the one that studied here. So far we have been asked to send the Medical Test in January 2013 and the payment of the P.R fees in last june.

Since my husband is a Frenchman, he already sent his criminal records with the application package we sent in November. I am a Mexican citizen and my country requieres an "Official Request" to issue the criminal records. There are two different ways to issue your criminal records depending whether or not you are inside or outside Mexico.

How to obtain a police certificate - Mexico
Federal Police Certificates – If you live outside Mexico

If you live outside Mexico, the federal police certificate you will need is called the Informe de datos registrales.

To obtain this form, you must send:

1) Two sets of original fingerprints that meet these standards:

rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink
full name, date of birth and sex of the applicant
the name and address of the police agency
the signature of the officer taking the fingerprints
To have your fingerprints taken
If you are in:

Canada: Please contact a fingerprinting agency, or go to the closest local police station.
All other countries: Please go to the closest local police station. (In some countries the Mexican Embassy or Consulate will be able to assist you)
2) Three photographs of the front, and three of the right profile: passport size (With no makeup, earrings, glasses, beard, moustache, sideburns—no exceptions)

3) One legible copy of your passport's bio-page (the page where your picture and full name appear).

4) Quote your file number, your name, date of birth, and the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or Case Processing Centre where your file is.

Do not send any other documents or provide any payments.

Send the above to:

Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193
Col. Granada
11520 Mexico, D.F

Note: These instructions are only for people who are not in Mexico. If you are in Mexico you must advise the visa office so that different instructions are provided to you.
Do not send us your state police certificates. State police certificates should be sent directly to the office that is processing your application.
[tr][td]

I haven't received any e-mail from CIC asking me to proceed and demand to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico an official letter to get the Records so I starded to have doubts whether or not I should had ask for the Criminal Records to the Canadian Embassy myself but I don't want to create a confusion in our process or create more delays on it since we are almost in the last part.
My concern is that it takes more time to receive this letter and our medical tests expire and we have to start over (I have also a due date settled for fall 2014 of my OWP).

Please if there is anybody from Mexico that applied to PR from Canada or somebody has any idea of what should I do (wait more time fro the letter asking me the Police Records or demand it myself) I will appreciatethe advice..

Thanks a lot in advance!

JORGER

May 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
cppO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-04-2014
kakto said:
Hello everyone!

I hope somebody can give me some advice. My husband and I applied in november last year to P.R. through the Quebec Experience Program. I am the secondary applicant since he is the one that studied here. So far we have been asked to send the Medical Test in January 2013 and the payment of the P.R fees in last june.

Since my husband is a Frenchman, he already sent his criminal records with the application package we sent in November. I am a Mexican citizen and my country requieres an "Official Request" to issue the criminal records. There are two different ways to issue your criminal records depending whether or not you are inside or outside Mexico.

How to obtain a police certificate - Mexico
Federal Police Certificates – If you live outside Mexico

If you live outside Mexico, the federal police certificate you will need is called the Informe de datos registrales.

To obtain this form, you must send:

1) Two sets of original fingerprints that meet these standards:

rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink
full name, date of birth and sex of the applicant
the name and address of the police agency
the signature of the officer taking the fingerprints
To have your fingerprints taken
If you are in:

Canada: Please contact a fingerprinting agency, or go to the closest local police station.
All other countries: Please go to the closest local police station. (In some countries the Mexican Embassy or Consulate will be able to assist you)
2) Three photographs of the front, and three of the right profile: passport size (With no makeup, earrings, glasses, beard, moustache, sideburns—no exceptions)

3) One legible copy of your passport's bio-page (the page where your picture and full name appear).

4) Quote your file number, your name, date of birth, and the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or Case Processing Centre where your file is.

Do not send any other documents or provide any payments.

Send the above to:

Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193
Col. Granada
11520 Mexico, D.F

Note: These instructions are only for people who are not in Mexico. If you are in Mexico you must advise the visa office so that different instructions are provided to you.
Do not send us your state police certificates. State police certificates should be sent directly to the office that is processing your application.
[tr][td]

I haven't received any e-mail from CIC asking me to proceed and demand to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico an official letter to get the Records so I starded to have doubts whether or not I should had ask for the Criminal Records to the Canadian Embassy myself but I don't want to create a confusion in our process or create more delays on it since we are almost in the last part.
My concern is that it takes more time to receive this letter and our medical tests expire and we have to start over (I have also a due date settled for fall 2014 of my OWP).

Please if there is anybody from Mexico that applied to PR from Canada or somebody has any idea of what should I do (wait more time fro the letter asking me the Police Records or demand it myself) I will appreciatethe advice..

Thanks a lot in advance!
you will need this documents, you can print them and get the finger prints from rcmp and send everything to immigration section
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PC_LetterA_e.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PC_LetterB_e.pdf

zaac81

Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will also need police certificate from Mexico, planning to send finger prints and info out to Mexico city next month

kakto

Jun 27, 2013
Thanks a lot Jorge! Talking with my husband yesterday we decided to be proactive and request the police records instead of waiting to receive the letter. I really don't wanna be in december worried that I have to provide the Police Records in a short term so I decided to make a trip in the last days of november and get them.

Hopefully it will reactivate my process before our medical tests are due in January.