+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal panel recommends ending 3-day quarantine hotels

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
Agree. The quarantine period in the hotel’s should have been 14 days like they have in other countries .
Maybe the prorated per day amount would have worked out cheaper
Nope, the Fed panel has suggested that home quarantine works equally well if done right, if not better. There is no reason to think hotel quarantine works any better, considering the implementation issues. Arrival covid tests + home quarantine is more than enough, as per what the panel suggests. Which as a matter of fact is the reality, as many hotels themselves have had covid outbreaks, so talk about keeping travelers safe! The countries that have 14-day hotel quarantine have the bandwidth of resources to facilitate that. Blindly copying doesn't work, as the hotel quarantine results in Canada have already shown.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Agree. The quarantine period in the hotel’s should have been 14 days like they have in other countries .
Maybe the prorated per day amount would have worked out cheaper
Let's not give the Canadian government any ideas about 14-day hotel quarantine, imagine the cost to the student, that would really deter people from travelling

Reactions: rogerdude1

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Let's not give the Canadian government any ideas about 14-day hotel quarantine, imagine the cost to the student, that would really deter people from travelling
now over 55% Canadians got vaccinated at least 1 dose. so i think by august we will have new updates and i think they will take out the mendatory 3 days hotel and keep 14 days with arrival test. i think that;s efficent + vaccinated people could be exempt if shown negative arrival test.

Reactions: Rationalwarrior