Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
wcikkk said:
When I sent an email to Buffalo regarding AOR, they replied it will be sent within 30 weeks. So I assumed maximum would be 30 weeks.
If 30-week is a minimum, that's really frustrating.
Well what's more frustrating is the discrepancy in their answers. Sometime I wonder if they work all work in the same office / for the same gov't...

In mid-October, after an initial inquiry to Buffalo they told me : "Permanent resident applications are created in our database and acknowledgement of receipt letters are sent to the applicant within 30 weeks of receipt."

Then last month, I emailed to let them know about my PPT being stolen and wondered if I could get AOR via email to send them the new info. Also because i reached 19 weeks, wanted to know how close I was to getting AOR. The agent in Bufalo answered back on Jan 20, 2011:
"The creation of permanent resident applications in our database along with the mailing of the acknowledgement of receipt letter is taking a minimum of 30 weeks."

So, when did you sent your email wcikkk: before or after Jan 20th? And did you mentionned in your message the date they rec'd your application?

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent the email January 10. I guess minimum 30-week would be current processing time for issueing AOR.

I mentioned which date I sent an application to Buffalo.

Are you applying in Quebec?

It seems every August applicant from the US on this thread got their AOR+medical request.

I guess US applicants got priorities over Canadian applicants. Frustrating

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
yeah i know. i'm happy ppl files are being created.. even when it's not mine
Compared to those in the States I feel privileged as I already know the land, and getting ahead wont be hard and besides we are already in Canada now
So let be patient dudes from Quebec and Canada, and as we get ourselves busy victory will come

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
yeah i know. i'm happy ppl files are being created.. even when it's not mine
Compared to those in the States I feel privileged as I already know the land, and getting ahead wont be hard and besides we are already in Canada now
So let be patient dudes from Quebec and Canada, and as we get ourselves busy victory will come
Couldn't agree more.
Being positive is the best thing we can do at this moment.
I do hope we get something in Feburary. (I've been saying this since last november haha:D)

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good evening,

I sent my federal application on February, 14th to Buffalo via Xpresspost. I live in Montreal (temporary worker) and I got my CSQ on February, 8th 2011 after a very hard interview and 8 months pending. I can confirm that Quebec and especially Montreal applicants have to wait sometimes till 5 months before getting any news. It's disappointing but we don't have any choice. I'm really happy to join you !

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
admontreal said:
Good evening,

I sent my federal application on February, 14th to Buffalo via Xpresspost. I live in Montreal (temporary worker) and I got my CSQ on February, 8th 2011 after a very hard interview and 8 months pending. I can confirm that Quebec and especially Montreal applicants have to wait sometimes till 5 months before getting any news. It's disappointing but we don't have any choice. I'm really happy to join you !
i am trying to send you a message but they say your inbox is full

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
i think next month will be better for August applicants from Quebec/ Canada... but let noget discouraged. no matter what..
by the way does anyone know how I should apply for Work permit? (I currently have Grad work permit which expires end-May)

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
i think next month will be better for August applicants from Quebec/ Canada... but let noget discouraged. no matter what..
by the way does anyone know how I should apply for Work permit? (I currently have Grad work permit which expires end-May)
Sigh....lets hope so! It's not fun checking the mail box every day and coming back empty handed.

Btw ae03yy how did your second round of medicals go? Did Ottawa forward them to Buffalo yet?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
fairooz said:
Sigh....lets hope so! It's not fun checking the mail box every day and coming back empty handed.

Btw ae03yy how did your second round of medicals go? Did Ottawa forward them to Buffalo yet?
I know the feeling cz last week I stopped checking it daily. Just too disappointing, and besides God's in control not men.. I decided to stop worrying and just put my faith in Him. He'll deal with them !

Now about second med'l i think it was forwarded: i never try on checking back on this cz i was under lot of stress lately. (i lost my passport in a robbery and had to stop work for sometimes so as to get my life back together y'know. Now applied for new PPT which should arrive in 6-7wks)

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
I know the feeling cz last week I stopped checking it daily. Just too disappointing, and besides God's in control not men.. I decided to stop worrying and just put my faith in Him. He'll deal with them !

Now about second med'l i think it was forwarded: i never try on checking back on this cz i was under lot of stress lately. (i lost my passport in a robbery and had to stop work for sometimes so as to get my life back together y'know. Now applied for new PPT which should arrive in 6-7wks)
oh no! So sorry to hear about this! Anyway hopefully you'll get some great news soon regarding the federal thing to make up for the bad times. Best of luck with the passport!

I'm especially curious to know if Buffalo successfully matched your meds with your file as I did the medicals in anticipation too and am wondering if i'll have to end up doing them again. Anyway, lets see...

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
when i contacted Buffalo they told me "The creation of permanent resident applications in our database along with the mailing of the acknowledgement of receipt letter is taking a minium of 30 weeks."
What I understand from this tatement is they don't have our application in their database yet. Therefore I suspect it is not linked to QSW file no per se. Mine is linked however to CIC Client ID unto which QSW file is/will be created.

I wonder how could they cash our draft, attach a B number to the draft, an yet not have any file created. So because I suppect them to be just playing the "bureaucraty game" of a hard working gov't, I am going to fax a request for CAIPS notes on Tuesday, so we'll know in about 30 days what's they're really up to and whether both Med'l and QSW file are succesfully linked.
On Tuesday i will start my 24th week of wait since my application reached Buffalo and 15th week since they encashed my draft. I need to make sure they successfully created creation my application for Quebec permanent resident in the database and my file is active so I may forward my new passport info when i get it in 5-6 weeks.

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
Hey guys! I sent a letter to buffalo last week asking whether they have already started the background check up or not. They gave me the same automatic response that it will take a minimum of 30 weeks!!!

I can not believe it. 7.5 month minimum to get the file opened!!! If it is so, we have a long way to go :(

For me, it is almost 6 month since I sent my application to buffalo. No letter, no medical, no nothing :(

You guys think that they have already started our files or still at the corner? My money order was cashed on October 30. Before, cashing the money order, opening the file and sending the medical documents were usually done at the same time. But, now, my money order has been cashed 4 month ago and still nothing.

What should we do at this stage? Just waiting is going to make me crazy. What are they doing?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
hadal,

Believe me you'rent the only one whose application is on hold at Buffalo office. My advice to those in Canada is getting CAIPS Note for free. Also, know that we all are in same boat.

Immigration does not really gives priority to QSW at least not in Buffalo. In fact, they are in charge of PNP and CEC but must also be swamp with tones of Quebec new category: PEQ.
Counting the months is pointless, they will change the timeline again and again. Remember, about 2 months after I applied they changed from 6-9weeks and said max of 30weeks, and it was the same speech others were gettin till early January. timeline is only a game they use to fit there work. Ayez foi en Dieu.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
hadal,

Believe me you'rent the only one whose application is on hold at Buffalo office. My advice to those in Canada is getting CAIPS Note for free. Also, know that we all are in same boat.

Immigration does not really gives priority to QSW at least not in Buffalo. In fact, they are in charge of PNP and CEC but must also be swamp with tones of Quebec new category: PEQ.
Counting the months is pointless, they will change the timeline again and again. Remember, about 2 months after I applied they changed from 6-9weeks and said max of 30weeks, and it was the same speech others were gettin till early January. timeline is only a game they use to fit there work. Ayez foi en Dieu.

Frustrating but true! If anything the processing time hasn't even been updated since October last year, even though it says it's updated quarterly.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
I agree with ae03yy. I got my CAIPS last week. There was all the information I would like to know such as my file number, requirement for my fingerprints and so on.
If you are in Canada, mail them to get CAIPS and it's free.