+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
I think this is what you pay in the US. I took the doctor's name from CIC website for the region I live. Another guy earlier told me he also paid same price.

match

Nov 3, 2010
Congrats to HopeVisa and fallsage.

Fallsage, I really hope I get mine soon since we both applied from Montreal, and only a week apart. Also, when you did your medical examination, were you able to use your Quebec govt. health insurance (RAMQ) card?

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
$400? That's too much!
Maybe because people in America have a higher salary :p
But when I sent UPS to buffalo. It cost me more than you :D

I asked the receptionist at the first clinic about the healthy insurance. She said it's not covered by the health care :mad:
But when you go there, you can double check with them. No harm in asking.
Match, be patient. You will get yours soon. They already started working.

tisu09

May 2, 2010
I think you will get your soon. They received our application more than 5 months ago.
But now I'm abit pessimistic we will have to wait 5-6 months more to have any update. It will be 12 months then.
@ fallsage, you did your med exam? We did at Clinique de Médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Québec (near Concordia), it takes $185/person). Service is okay, receptionist does not speak English but doctors do. Just come.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
tisu09 said:
I think you will get your soon. They received our application more than 5 months ago.
But now I'm abit pessimistic we will have to wait 5-6 months more to have any update. It will be 12 months then.
@ fallsage, you did your med exam? We did at Clinique de Médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Québec (near Concordia), it takes $185/person). Service is okay, receptionist does not speak English but doctors do. Just come.
Thanks, tisu09. My appointment is on Monday. The clinic is close to Mcgill. Because my husband and I both can't speak French, we decided to go there. See, that's a drawback if your French is not functional. :-\

match

Nov 3, 2010
fallsage and tisu09, how did your medicals go?

also, why wont the cic update the wait times on their website yet? it has been 3 months already (they say there that they update quarterly!)

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
Hey guys, I hope every thing went well with your medical examinations :). I sent my application along with the CSQ to buffalo on August 26. However, I have not received the medical documents yet! I am applying from Montreal. Is there any body here in this forum who has not received his/her medical documents yet?

What can I do at this stage? I am really frustrated :mad:.

Thank you

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hadal said:
Hey guys, I hope every thing went well with your medical examinations :). I sent my application along with the CSQ to buffalo on August 26. However, I have not received the medical documents yet! I am applying from Montreal. Is there any body here in this forum who has not received his/her medical documents yet?

What can I do at this stage? I am really frustrated :mad:.

Thank you
I sent application package to Buffalo August 11th, but still haven't got medical request and AOR.

I also applied from Montreal.

Most applicants on this thread from US already got their med request.

It seems to take more time for Montreal applicants. Don't know why though..

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
Hi
When applying for the FSW (Quebec) After receiving your CSQ how long is the process
Also do you have to do an interview?

Que100

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
wcikkk, I applied from Montreal and my application was sent to Buffalo August 10. I received my AOR & medical Jan. 19.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
The clinic didn't call me, so I thing my result is all right :p
QUE100, is your status online changed on CIC webiste after you sent your medical result to them?

tisu09

May 2, 2010
The clinic didn't call me either so I hope nothing is wrong with medical test.
In general there will be no more interview but it depends.

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Guys, I have a question! When you received the AOR+medicals did you find 2 letters from the Canadian Consulate or only one? we received 2! In one we found AOR+medicals, in the other they say they have completed the initial assessment and expect to finalize our application without personal interview. They also say further down that if we have not already paid the RPRF, we should do so at this time. We have had this letter for 1 month and a half, but I just realized today it was different than the AOR...
Anyways we already sent the RPRF today, so lets see what all that means :D
Let me know if you guys received this document too, because I am freaking out :p

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
ton40 said:
Guys, I have a question! When you received the AOR+medicals did you find 2 letters from the Canadian Consulate or only one? we received 2! In one we found AOR+medicals, in the other they say they have completed the initial assessment and expect to finalize our application without personal interview. They also say further down that if we have not already paid the RPRF, we should do so at this time. We have had this letter for 1 month and a half, but I just realized today it was different than the AOR...
Let me know if you guys received this document too, because I am freaking out :p
what's RPRF?

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
ton40 said:
I don't think I received the second letter.
What I received are:
medicals;
a piece of paper with my buffalo office file number and a lot of stickers;
a piece of paper giving some instructions and the receipt was stapled on it.