+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

tisu09

May 2, 2010
Do you guys know how long does it takes after the medical? Reading some thread about PNP, it seems that there is still a long way ahead. Is there any difference between Quebec and other PNP?

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
i would like to know :
if you get PR for Quebec, how long do u have to stay in quebec before moving to annother province?
Also would the fact that you move to another province negatively impact you when applying for citizenship?

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssanndy said:
i would like to know :
if you get PR for Quebec, how long do u have to stay in quebec before moving to annother province?
Also would the fact that you move to another province negatively impact you when applying for citizenship?
I asked this issue to my lawyer, and he said there is no restriction that Quebec gov't can impose to new immigrants from freedom of mobility.

Once you get your PR, you can move to other provinces. But there are mobility regulations against business/investor classes.

If you are in skilled worker category, I don't think there's any problem with moving.

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
wcikkk said:
I asked this issue to my lawyer, and he said there is no restriction that Quebec gov't can impose to new immigrants from freedom of mobility.

Once you get your PR, you can move to other provinces. But there are mobility regulations against business/investor classes.

If you are in skilled worker category, I don't think there's any problem with moving.
Thanks for your reply!
BUt what do you think about when applying for canadian citizenship
DO yo think it wold be a problem?

tisu09

May 2, 2010
Congratulation HopeVista! :)
But now, it seems that we all have to wait 5-6 months more to have passport request :(

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
;) ;)I got my AOR+ MED 5 min ago.
I guess they sent me this letter at the same day when they sent my email for asking me to do the fingerprints.

I found several bar code labels in the mail. Do we need to give one of the labels to the doctor?

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WOW. fallsage, congratulation!!

I'm really jealous. When the hell I'm gonna get mine.. :-[

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Congrats everyone! Good luck wit medicals!
Our medical results have arrived in Buffalo, so I guess we have nothing left now, but wait and see what they are going to come up with :D

Que100

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
fallsage said:
;) ;)I got my AOR+ MED 5 min ago.
I guess they sent me this letter at the same day when they sent my email for asking me to do the fingerprints.

I found several bar code labels in the mail. Do we need to give one of the labels to the doctor?
fallsage you dont need to give any label to the doctor. The labels is just your file number and should only be used in correspondence with Buffalo.
Good luck with your medical.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Thank all of you!!!! ;D
I made an appointment in a clinic close to my apt. which is next Monday. $225/person
I called 3 clinics. This one is the most expensive but the receptionist is the most efficient and friendly. She told me how and how long they will deal with those reports and so on.
The second one can not speak English. :-\ My French is not communicable. $190/person
The third one (close to Concordia) is awful. The receptionist was very very rude. She knew nothing and told me to ask their doctor. :-\ MY! How can I contact their doctor directly? She is the receptionist. $160/person

In case someone will do the medical exam in MTL, my friend went to a clinic at the corner of Rachel and St. Laurent (the second one I mentioned above). If you can speak French, they service is good also:)

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
You guys are so lucky! We paid $400 each!!! Well, I guess in the US is a little different. Anyways we had a great service, everyone was really nice, helpful and friendly!

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
ton40 said:
You guys are so lucky! We paid $400 each!!! Well, I guess in the US is a little different. Anyways we had a great service, everyone was really nice, helpful and friendly!
how com u paid so much? did they specify which doctor to do the medical?
do they take insurance?
I'm worried for a family of 4. thats a lot of money