no
Passport Req..
06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2012, received on June 27th, 2012
qsw.spj said:
Hello dear!!

Felicitations!!!:)
I feel so happy when some csq applicants gets through. I am in a bit of trouble here. My file procesing has begun (in June). My study permit is about to expire in next two months. Want to have your opinion, how long do you think its gonna take after being in process to get a decision. I want to save myself some more paper work and wait to have the ppr. Whaddya think? :-\
actually, i was in ur position too. my study permit expires in 2013, but i already graduated last week, so strictly speaking, i am not qualified to stay in canada as an international student. i was about to apply for visitor record, then my ppr knocked the door :p

in fact lots of ppl have similar situations, ppl's work permit expires, study permit expires etc. the most secure way is to apply visitor record, sorry here i can't tell u exactly how to apply it since i didn't go thru this part.

as u asked, about how long to get ppr from "in process", i really can't tell, i know at least 4 ppl get ppr within 2 weeks of getting "in process"; but i also know some guys who has been "in process" for months, and still, no news from cic. so i would suggest u wait for ur ppr, at the same time start to gather info and documents on how to apply visitor record (for example, to apply for visitor record, u need to have certain amount of money in ur bank account to convince cic that u can support urself). then 2 weeks before ur study permit expires, if still no ppr, go apply visitor record.

theoretically, we should always be a legal temporary resident of canada, even while we are waiting for immigration.
and the application fee of visitor record is only 75 dollars. let's say u didn't apply, then it happened to be a hard-dealing-with cic officer process ur case, the outcome can be really bad.

i hope it helps,,,,,,,,a bit? ;D

qsw.spj

Feb 15, 2012
hooky player said:
actually, i was in ur position too. my study permit expires in 2013, but i already graduated last week, so strictly speaking, i am not qualified to stay in canada as an international student. i was about to apply for visitor record, then my ppr knocked the door :p

in fact lots of ppl have similar situations, ppl's work permit expires, study permit expires etc. the most secure way is to apply visitor record, sorry here i can't tell u exactly how to apply it since i didn't go thru this part.

as u asked, about how long to get ppr from "in process", i really can't tell, i know at least 4 ppl get ppr within 2 weeks of getting "in process"; but i also know some guys who has been "in process" for months, and still, no news from cic. so i would suggest u wait for ur ppr, at the same time start to gather info and documents on how to apply visitor record (for example, to apply for visitor record, u need to have certain amount of money in ur bank account to convince cic that u can support urself). then 2 weeks before ur study permit expires, if still no ppr, go apply visitor record.

theoretically, we should always be a legal temporary resident of canada, even while we are waiting for immigration.
and the application fee of visitor record is only 75 dollars. let's say u didn't apply, then it happened to be a hard-dealing-with cic officer process ur case, the outcome can be really bad.

i hope it helps,,,,,,,,a bit? ;D
Thanks for this detailed reply buddy.Speaking of my case, I am done my program too this week and can apply for work permit, right? My study permit expires on August 30. I still have lots of time. So, maybe, I can wait for almost 2 more months and then apply for post gradutaion work permit. I can work till then as I have my OCWP which allows us to work full time in summer.

hooky player

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2011
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
10-2011
AOR Received.
03-2012
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
dunno, but ppr from detroit
Med's Request
03-2012
Med's Done....
04-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
qsw.spj said:
Thanks for this detailed reply buddy.Speaking of my case, I am done my program too this week and can apply for work permit, right? My study permit expires on August 30. I still have lots of time. So, maybe, I can wait for almost 2 more months and then apply for post gradutaion work permit. I can work till then as I have my OCWP which allows us to work full time in summer.
oh, u haven't applied PGWP? in that case, yes, PGWP is the one u should apply when ur study permit is expiring.

in my case, i applied PGWP once, so i can't apply again, that's y i was struggled.

qsw.spj

Feb 15, 2012
hooky player said:
oh, u haven't applied PGWP? in that case, yes, PGWP is the one u should apply when ur study permit is expiring.

in my case, i applied PGWP once, so i can't apply again, that's y i was struggled.
Ohkkk!!! but why did you go back to study permit again....i heard that we can't apply for study permit once we have had PDWP

hooky player

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2011
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
10-2011
AOR Received.
03-2012
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03-2012
Med's Done....
04-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
qsw.spj said:
Ohkkk!!! but why did you go back to study permit again....i heard that we can't apply for study permit once we have had PDWP
u can apply for study permit as far as u get an offer from educational institute. and as temporary resident, we can only have one valid permit, so if u have work permit, and then u apply study permit, ur work permit will automatically invalidated, and vice versa.
i applied PGWP after i finished my bachelor, but then decided to take a master degree. PGWP can only be given once. no exception. :mad:

hooky player

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2011
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
10-2011
AOR Received.
03-2012
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03-2012
Med's Done....
04-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PGWP and visitor record are both options u have. but i would choose PGWP, even the application fee is higher. cuz with work permit, u can work, make money while waiting for the immigration.

qsw.spj

Feb 15, 2012
hooky player said:
u can apply for study permit as far as u get an offer from educational institute. and as temporary resident, we can only have one valid permit, so if u have work permit, and then u apply study permit, ur work permit will automatically invalidated, and vice versa.
i applied PGWP after i finished my bachelor, but then decided to take a master degree. PGWP can only be given once. no exception. :mad:
Ahem!!! you are lucky that you got to do masters here. I tried a million times but all was in vain. Anyways, I agree with your suggestion of applying for PGWP. I wish you have a wonderful future ahead in Canada, so rock buddy!!! :)
Thanks

hooky player

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2011
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
10-2011
AOR Received.
03-2012
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03-2012
Med's Done....
04-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
qsw.spj said:
Ahem!!! you are lucky that you got to do masters here. I tried a million times but all was in vain. Anyways, I agree with your suggestion of applying for PGWP. I wish you have a wonderful future ahead in Canada, so rock buddy!!! :)
Thanks
thx, u2 :D

rumzul

Apr 15, 2012
Guys

I have question regarding the PPR stage.

I have applied for my PR under the QSW category and it is currently being processed by CPP-O
I live and work in US, but I am an Indian Citizen.
But my daughter is an US Citizen(Since she was born in US).
Can I submit the original passport for my wife and myself but just the copies of the passport pages for my daughter?
The reason is my daughter is on a vacation in India.
Please do let me know.

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Hi,

I don't know the answer for your question, since I have not come across a situation like yours, but I am sure that they will not accept copies of passport of your daughter, they will stamp only on the original. Thats how it is for the rest of the people. If you really want to confirm, I would suggest that you call the cic call centers.

All the best :)

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
rumzul said:
Guys

I have question regarding the PPR stage.

I have applied for my PR under the QSW category and it is currently being processed by CPP-O
I live and work in US, but I am an Indian Citizen.
But my daughter is an US Citizen(Since she was born in US).
Can I submit the original passport for my wife and myself but just the copies of the passport pages for my daughter?
The reason is my daughter is on a vacation in India.
Please do let me know.
You will be asked to submit passport for all members who intend to get PR. However, you shall also get a timeframe to submit ppts.

rumzul

Apr 15, 2012
biochemgal09 said:
Hi,

I don't know the answer for your question, since I have not come across a situation like yours, but I am sure that they will not accept copies of passport of your daughter, they will stamp only on the original. Thats how it is for the rest of the people. If you really want to confirm, I would suggest that you call the cic call centers.

All the best :)
Thank you for the answer.

One of the older topics discussed had this bulletin from CIC
CIC website/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348.asp

Since I am the principal applicant, I wanted to make sure this is ok.

But looks like I have to cautious..!

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
help101 said:
safavakili,

I noticed you applied since Nov 2010. I didn't know that there are still Nov 2010 QSW applicants left in this forum ???
Have you ever tried to get in touch with Buffalo at all? If so, what are they saying? and What's your ecas status right now?
Hi help101,

is there any update from Ottawa after Buffalo closing?

mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biochemgal09 said:
I emailed ottawa yesterday and I got the usual response today that " you do not have to do anything at this moment, we will contact you when your file is done with processing with further information".

I know a few people who receivedd their PPR without the in-process status in their e-cas. So I am not very worried. Plus, I am ready to wait for another few months, if I have bad luck. What else can I do?

I wish everyone good news this week :)
Hi

They had received my application on 28th April, 2011. We are in the same boat. Now that Buffalo consulate is closed I am not so sure about my next step.

Let me know if you hear anything from them!

All the best

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
Can anyone help me???

I already have my CSQ, just waiting for PPR from the VO. I received my CSQ with a validated job offer (6 points), and I am already working in that job here in Montreal. What would happen if my company transfers me to one of their offices in another country before I receive my PR? Will my CSQ be revoked or reevaluated, and I'd have to go back to square 1?