Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
28th April 2018
VISA ISSUED...
15 July 2013
LANDED..........
landing on 2nd May
Hi Everyone - I am applying for spousal PR and my spouse do not have Birth Certificate, She is Indian Citizen. Please advise the alternative documents which can be submitted

T&T2024

Feb 20, 2024
Update:
Sponsor: Citizen
PA: American, inland, out of status, no dependents
Submitted: February 7th, 2024
AOR: February 22nd, 2024
Medical Request: March 9th, 2024
Hi can you share documents u submitted?im out of status and will be submitting my application soon.thanks

May 25, 2023
Hi can you share documents u submitted?im out of status and will be submitting my application soon.thanks
I submitted everything according to IRCC's document checklist, which you can generate for yourself here depending on your home country (some countries require additional forms and documents compared to others): https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp. It's really important to read their guide carefully. There are a lot of documents that you'll have to submit, but as long as you follow their instructions it is very straightforward. And yes, one of the things required is a police certificate from every country you spent more than 6 months in since turning 18. Each country will have its own instructions for how you get that police certificate.

You'll see on the checklist that you will have to submit documents that indicate your status in Canada. I was out of status from overstaying a study permit, so for this section I submitted a copy of my expired study permit along with a very short letter (1 or 2 paragraphs) explaining why I went out of status.

T&T2024

Feb 20, 2024
I submitted everything according to IRCC's document checklist, which you can generate for yourself here depending on your home country (some countries require additional forms and documents compared to others): https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp. It's really important to read their guide carefully. There are a lot of documents that you'll have to submit, but as long as you follow their instructions it is very straightforward. And yes, one of the things required is a police certificate from every country you spent more than 6 months in since turning 18. Each country will have its own instructions for how you get that police certificate.

You'll see on the checklist that you will have to submit documents that indicate your status in Canada. I was out of status from overstaying a study permit, so for this section I submitted a copy of my expired study permit along with a very short letter (1 or 2 paragraphs) explaining why I went out of status.
Hi, this is so helpful, im out of status because i already applied for h&c and it’s been 2yrs nothing.i will read the instructions carefully.thanks for your quick response and help.all e best

oyg567

Feb 29, 2024
Small update today:

Sponsor: Citizen
PA: American, inland, out of status, no dependents
AOR: February 22nd, 2024
Biometrics Request: March 13, 2024
Eligibility completed on tracker: March 19, 2024
Pre-Arrival Letter: March 20, 2024
You have very similar timeline to mine.

Sponsor: PR
PA: Korean, inland, PGWP, no dependents
AOR: February 27th, 2024
Eligibility completed on tracker: March 20, 2024
Pre-Arrival Letter: March 21, 2024

I was surprised and couldn't believe it is going so quickly. But seeing you have almost the same timeline made me believe this is really happening!
Also, I thought Pre-arrival letter is after Background completed, but might be not. or our background check is done just not updated?
Anyway! I feel like it could be done in May feel so relief!

May 25, 2023
You have very similar timeline to mine.

Sponsor: PR
PA: Korean, inland, PGWP, no dependents
AOR: February 27th, 2024
Eligibility completed on tracker: March 20, 2024
Pre-Arrival Letter: March 21, 2024

I was surprised and couldn't believe it is going so quickly. But seeing you have almost the same timeline made me believe this is really happening!
Also, I thought Pre-arrival letter is after Background completed, but might be not. or our background check is done just not updated?
Anyway! I feel like it could be done in May feel so relief!
Wow -- looks like February 7th was a lucky day to submit! I've been trying to not get too excited because I know the background check is where most people get stuck for months. But I am very happy with how quickly all of the other steps are going. From what I've read about the pre-arrival letter, it isn't tied to any specific steps and comes at different times for everyone, so it's hard to tell.

Reactions: oyg567