kokyogo

Jul 14, 2023
File submitted- 12 February 2023

AOR- 12 april 2023

Biometric- Not applicable (Done before)

Medical- May 5th 2023

Background Check - In progress

Eligibility - Not started

Last update - June 1st 2023 (email on how to link my application to CIC account)

VO - Sydney

Rushabhp

Jun 14, 2023
Feb 02, 2023 Application submitted
Mar 20, 2023 AOR
Mar 28, 2023 Biometrics Request
Mar 29, 2023 Medical Request
Apr 17, 2023 Medical passed
Apr 19,2023 Background check in progress
Apr 19, 2023 Eligibility not started
Jul 14, 2023 Background check updated and completed on PR tracker
Jul 14, 2023 Eligibility Updated and Completed on PR tracker
Jul 15, 2023 Invitation to Pre-Arrival on Pr Tracker and GCKEY
Jul 17, 2023 Passport Request on GCKEY

Primary office CPC Mississauga

Reactions: Charbk and Sonikell

R_Trikha

Jun 2, 2023
Firstly, NO need to delay the flight. Let your spouse travel on the docs already received. Why do you want her process to complete only in Applicant country? There is no such requirement. You guys applied for TRV specifically for this purpose - and you got it.
Once she is here, you can provide the update to CIC, through webform.
I have read on this forum that CIC will then provide you details to complete the virtual landing.

Infact..even if you get the COPR a day before flying, thats good. Let your spouse know to print it and keep it handy. If the officer in Canada asks too many questions about return, simply show them the COPR! that you got it a day or two before departure, so you willl complete the process here in Canada.
Thanks for the quick response, I have sent a webform to the CIC for a virtual landing for the applicant as the applicant is residing in Canada. The officer at the Immigration didn't asked a single question they just simply welcomed. Cheers!

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Thanks for the quick response, I have sent a webform to the CIC for a virtual landing for the applicant as the applicant is residing in Canada. The officer at the Immigration didn't asked a single question they just simply welcomed. Cheers!
That's really amazing. Pls dont forget us. Though i know you will get busy with your complete family - but pls do check once in a while. Some of us may need the expert advice...expert as you have been through the system and not throwing darts in the dark - like many of us.

Reactions: R_Trikha

Rubbal

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021

ihaveadog

Apr 7, 2018
My wife's application who's from Germany has 3/4 completed. Only background verification is needed to be completed. It says in progress. Does anyone know how long it takes to do complete? Once everything is complete, can she travel to Canada whenever she needs or does it have to be on the date the government gives you?

dmmarkazi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2023
My wife's application who's from Germany has 3/4 completed. Only background verification is needed to be completed. It says in progress. Does anyone know how long it takes to do complete? Once everything is complete, can she travel to Canada whenever she needs or does it have to be on the date the government gives you?
When did you file the application? The Background seems to range from a couple months to over a year for some.

She can fly to Canada whenever she gets her Passport back from the nearest Visa Office.

ihaveadog

Apr 7, 2018
When did you file the application? The Background seems to range from a couple months to over a year for some.

She can fly to Canada whenever she gets her Passport back from the nearest Visa Office.
I applied in February of 2023. She already has her passport with herself. They never asked for it.

dmmarkazi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2023
I applied in February of 2023. She already has her passport with herself. They never asked for it.
They're going to send a passport request. When they do, she has to send her passport in so they can issue the visa. It seems to take a couple weeks for them to send the passport back.

ihaveadog

Apr 7, 2018
They're going to send a passport request. When they do, she has to send her passport in so they can issue the visa. It seems to take a couple weeks for them to send the passport back.
She will be flying to Canada in middle of august for a visit. Can she get that Visa at the border? Is there anything we can do while she’s here to help speed the process?

dmmarkazi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2023
She will be flying to Canada in middle of august for a visit. Can she get that Visa at the border? Is there anything we can do while she’s here to help speed the process?
Unless she holds a passport that doesn't require her to have a visa, she won't be able to enter Canada.

I'd hold off on her coming to Canada until her application is done.

ihaveadog

Apr 7, 2018
Unless she holds a passport that doesn't require her to have a visa, she won't be able to enter Canada.

I'd hold off on her coming to Canada until her application is done.
Shes a German National and holds a German passport. She can stay in Canada up to 6 months visa free

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
She only needs eTA to enter Canada. And she can stay up to 6 months. I think outland spousal sponsorship applicant can apply for OWP after she entered into Canada (after AOR). Has the sponsorship application got AOR? If she planned to stay, (not a quick visit), she should update her address to a Canadian address.
Applying for OWP will give her implied/maintaince status.