+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I agree. there is no movement in the application for some ppl in this scenrio for more than one month. this is devasting :( and top of that we paid the fee and havent heard anything from them. :( Kindly share if you guys hear about this same case timelines from past.. that will help us to breath. Thanks a lot
In all honesty, I can't complain about the pace of the application. It used to be 4-5 yrs in the past, 2 yrs uptill very recently and its just few months since we are seeing 6-7 months timeline between application and PPR. Can it be faster? Why not? But i'm sure there is lots of red tape, security and intra-governmental processes - that needs to take its time to keep Canada safe, secure and economically viable.

My problem with CIC is their broken system. When one has already paid for biometrics, medical and RPRF - why do they keep asking again for it? Why is there system not upgraded to know if a certain fees is paid or not. Why do they ask for another medical exam, when it was just done for another application, within the last 6 months (not even 12)..That's what buffles me.

On one hand, we here about systems, computers, everything going digital, and AI doing thing of its own.....but no one can figure out if an applicant has already paid a certain fees. CiC - please if you cant figure out a certain fees is paid or not- can you figure out if someone is not who they say they are?

Reactions: moliKT

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
In all honesty, I can't complain about the pace of the application. It used to be 4-5 yrs in the past, 2 yrs uptill very recently and its just few months since we are seeing 6-7 months timeline between application and PPR. Can it be faster? Why not? But i'm sure there is lots of red tape, security and intra-governmental processes - that needs to take its time to keep Canada safe, secure and economically viable.

My problem with CIC is their broken system. When one has already paid for biometrics, medical and RPRF - why do they keep asking again for it? Why is there system not upgraded to know if a certain fees is paid or not. Why do they ask for another medical exam, when it was just done for another application, within the last 6 months (not even 12)..That's what buffles me.

On one hand, we here about systems, computers, everything going digital, and AI doing thing of its own.....but no one can figure out if an applicant has already paid a certain fees. CiC - please if you cant figure out a certain fees is paid or not- can you figure out if someone is not who they say they are?
You are absolutely right. If they have better streamlined process that would be helpful. we are just following wat ever been asked or expected to do w.r.to the application processing, rather putting people into Jeopardize mindset... Hope we get some good progress !

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

francis_palma

Apr 13, 2023
Hi all:
Just a quick question:
Submitted Online: Feb 10th 2023
AOR and BIL together on May 11th
Biomatrics completed and updated on May 18th
File transferred to Singapore VO on June 29th
AOR2 received (GCKey) on June 29th
Background checkm (GCKey) in progress since June 29th
Eligibility check (GCKey) in progress since July 11th
*NO Medical requests until now
*NO SA letter until now (although I called IRCC and they said it was sent to PA and Sponsor, but neither of us received it)
*They also said they will send the Medical request whenever they think it is the time to send the Medical request!

It seems IRCC does not have any algorithm/workflow, and all processing of applications done in a "whatever" manner.

Anyone had similar experience? OR Any clue on why things are so random?
ANYONE??? Seems most of the posts here now are going off topic and various suggestions for the IRCC, which won't help the applicants and sponsors!

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
ANYONE??? Seems most of the posts here now are going off topic and various suggestions for the IRCC, which won't help the applicants and sponsors!
‘if they already moved the file to the local visa office, then most likely sponsor approval has already taken place. The first thing they usually do is sponsor approval becausewhy should they bother processing the principal applicant if the sponsor is found To be ineligible.

Reactions: Charbk and YVR123

Amandhaliwal

Dec 27, 2018
hi guys, just update

spouse arrived on 9th august on visitor visa.
PR application is in process, no update since April.

thanks

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
‘if they already moved the file to the local visa office, then most likely sponsor approval has already taken place. The first thing they usually do is sponsor approval becausewhy should they bother processing the principal applicant if the sponsor is found To be ineligible.
i believe im in that boat too. i got AOR in the beginning of August. Then couple of days back, i got email from CIO Sydeny, for the first time..and it was asking to upload the biometrics receipt. So i uploaded.
but i never got Sponsorship Approval email. Should i send them a webform to send me sponsorship approval? i was waiting for that , so that I could apply for TRV.

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
i believe im in that boat too. i got AOR in the beginning of August. Then couple of days back, i got email from CIO Sydeny, for the first time..and it was asking to upload the biometrics receipt. So i uploaded.
but i never got Sponsorship Approval email. Should i send them a webform to send me sponsorship approval? i was waiting for that , so that I could apply for TRV.
You don’t need sponsor approval before trv. You have AOR, that’s the most important

Natasha83

Aug 14, 2023
Hi guys, I am new to this forum. My husband is a Canadian citizen and we applied online for my Spousal PR on February 22nd 2023. On March 25th, we received a notification that my birth certificate was missing (our fault). Also my marriage certificate consisted of both of my solemnization and registration dates which is the usual format of wedding certificates in South India. The wording confused them I guess, and they said that they needed just the certificate showing the official registration date not the solemnization certificate. So we sent them the birth certificate. And sent an explanation letter saying that the marriage certificate was in the regular format of certificates for marriages in South India. They consist of both wedding solemnization and registration dates. In addition, we provided a screenshot of our wedding registration information as it shows up on the website.

On June 3rd we received our AOR with the file number as well as the Medical and Biometric requests within a few days. We also received sponsor eligibility approval on June 5th. I completed the Biometrics on the 8th and the medical on the 13th of June. We were glad things were picking up. However on August 9th, we received a request from the Canadian Consulate in Delhi, for more proof of our marriage. So more pictures of our ceremony, required to prove solemnization. Since we are catholic, we only had a church ceremony and we had sent pictures of those already. We checked with our lawyer and she suggested sending an explanation letter mentioning that this was a second marriage for both of us, and we are christian, so we kept our ceremony small with just the ring and garland exchange in the presence of our close family. We also sent pictures of the reception lunch which we had later and extra pics we didnt send the last time, like outings etc. In addition we sent an updated log of our chats. Since he is in Canada and Im in India we don't have a joint account or shared lease. We got an acknowledgement of receipt on August 10th that the Delhi high commission had received our info and its quiet again.

We are really worried that our proof of marriage won't be enough? Is it normal to be asked for proof of marriage twice? Why are the marriage certificate and pictures not enough? Its almost as if they didnt see our wedding pictures. What more proof did they need? Has anyone faced this issue and what did you do? Also, is them asking for more marriage of proof a bad sign? Is it a form of a PFL? They just stated that they needed the photos to continue processing the application.

So just to summarize here is a timeline:
Application date: Feb 22, 2023
Request for more docs: March 25, 2023
Docs sent: March 30th, 2023
AOR: June 3rd, 2023
Biometrics request: June 3rd, 2023
Sponsor eligibility passed and file transferred to our Delhi VO: June 5th, 2023
Medical request: June 6th, 2023
Biometrics completed: June 8th, 2023
Medical completed: June 13th, 2023
E-Medical sent: June 16th, 2023
Request for more relationship proof: August 9th, 2023
Relationship proof sent by Lawyer: August 10th, 2023
Acknowledgement of proof docs received: August 10th, 2023

Last edited:

Natasha83

Aug 14, 2023
Would really appreciate some insight on my earlier post. Is there anything else the IRCC needs as proof of our marriage besides the wedding certificate, chats and photos, especially when you live in a different country as your spouse and don't have any shared bank accounts/lease? Its been more than a week since I sent additional proof of my relationship and I haven't heard back. I am getting more anxious by the day...

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
Hi all:
Just a quick question:
Submitted Online: Feb 10th 2023
AOR and BIL together on May 11th
Biomatrics completed and updated on May 18th
File transferred to Singapore VO on June 29th
AOR2 received (GCKey) on June 29th
Background checkm (GCKey) in progress since June 29th
Eligibility check (GCKey) in progress since July 11th
*NO Medical requests until now
*NO SA letter until now (although I called IRCC and they said it was sent to PA and Sponsor, but neither of us received it)
*They also said they will send the Medical request whenever they think it is the time to send the Medical request!

It seems IRCC does not have any algorithm/workflow, and all processing of applications done in a "whatever" manner.

Anyone had similar experience? OR Any clue on why things are so random?
I’m in a similar situation regarding the sponsorship approval letter

Our application has passed biometrics, medical, background, and eligibility… but they still haven’t sent the SA letter

I called IRCC and they said I’m approved as a sponsor but the letter was never generated or sent.

since the file is now in Delhi, I have to somehow coordinate with them and get them to send it…

Rajjjoo

Mar 5, 2021
In my gc key eligibility nd background check in progress but Latest update:
Final decision - August 18, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
What this mean i can expect soon or what??

Rajjjoo

Mar 5, 2021
In my gc key eligibility nd background check in progress but Latest update:
Final decision - August 18, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
What this mean i can expect soon or what??
I received pre- arrival services today . When i can expect passport request

Jun 19, 2023
Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well.

Have a query regarding spousal PR application. I am applying for my wife and my son PR where am unemployed since last 2 years. Is it mandatory to show T4 or minimum income in the application?

Thanks in advance for reading and sharing the information.