+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 - Citizenship Applications

JensonP

Nov 22, 2017
Hi everyone,
I received a ghost update on April 8th. I logged into my account and I saw that it was last updated on April 8th. However, there was no change in any of the items on the list, they are all still in progress. My question is, what is your experience with ghost updates and what do they mean?
I had a ghost update last week and then after 2 days, the tracker showed Background Verification: Completed. But sometimes it's just system updates.

racineba

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hi everyone,
I received a ghost update on April 8th. I logged into my account and I saw that it was last updated on April 8th. However, there was no change in any of the items on the list, they are all still in progress. My question is, what is your experience with ghost updates and what do they mean?
I am in the same boat..my wife and I got sn update on April 8 but nothing changed

ripz1982

Feb 12, 2023
I completed my test last weekend, but my tracker still says "Waiting on You". I know the score is temporary until it's official, but it would be nice to at least have some sort of receipt or confirmation number that the test was completed. I got the email to take the test, but none about how it was completed.
Once u complete ur test u should print that page with results/score as it shows ur file and UCI

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
After contacting IRCC I just received an email from Sidney office saying that my application was returned on March 30 because it was incomplete. However I haven't received anything yet (let's see if it comes next week after the long weekend and the ice storm here in QC). It is weird because I triple checked everything to be sure all was there. Furthermore, it is not the same time IRCC sort of screws up our immigration applications (I had to resend the photos twice for the PR Cards, which took more than 8 months)...

In case the application does not arrive back to me, what should I do? Re-send again the whole application with a new signed date? It seems I am not very lucky with IRCC :)
This happened to me and I was very surprised. I got the retuned envelope almost same time as yours and resend same day it was received.

One of the parent’s document said it was missing. I 100% believe the officer lost it in her office as it contained large numbers of documents being mailed. Everything was checked more than 15 times before sealed and mailed. It’s just a waste of time to wait another couple of months again for the AOR.

nikhilh

Oct 20, 2018
ID: nikhilh
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1126
Application: Single
Application sent: 16 Feb 2023
Delivered: 16 Feb 2023
AOR: 2 Mar 2023

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Hi near future Canadians mates! I would like to ask you a question regarding the process phases: After receiving AOR for paper based family application what is the most common trend? Should I start preparing for the test right away or it will take while (BGND CHECK... and language assessment to be done first) any idea on paper based applications phases?

Reactions: ripz1982

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Test Invitation: March 29, 2023
Test done: April 09, 2023, passed (19/20)
RCMP Fingerprint request: April 04, 2023,
Fingerprint submitted: April 09, 2023
Everything is "in progress" at the portal.

What will be next step?
Hello where to get fingerprints done and cost? I am in ontario, please advise?

Cathy0987

Apr 12, 2023
Hi, I applied for my citizenship July 2022 and received AOR in Dec 2022. I am sure i was checking my emails and tracker regularly and there was no update. On March 20th, there are 2 msgs on the tracker, one saying i was asked for fingerprints on 5th Jan 2023 via email (I checked multiple times there's no email on 5th Jan) and second saying final notice to submit fingerprints. So I submitted fingerprints through commissaries on 1st April. Yesterday I noticed that written Name of Agency as 'IIRC' instead of 'IRRC'. I talked to them and they said as long as the address is correct, there wont be any issue.
1. Is it correct or should I go and give another fingerprints?
2. The last date to submit fingerprints is 20th April 2023. Will it impact my application if RCMP send the fingerprints late? What can I do at this point?

Thanks.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hi, I applied for my citizenship July 2022 and received AOR in Dec 2022. I am sure i was checking my emails and tracker regularly and there was no update. On March 20th, there are 2 msgs on the tracker, one saying i was asked for fingerprints on 5th Jan 2023 via email (I checked multiple times there's no email on 5th Jan) and second saying final notice to submit fingerprints. So I submitted fingerprints through commissaries on 1st April. Yesterday I noticed that written Name of Agency as 'IIRC' instead of 'IRRC'. I talked to them and they said as long as the address is correct, there wont be any issue.
1. Is it correct or should I go and give another fingerprints?
2. The last date to submit fingerprints is 20th April 2023. Will it impact my application if RCMP send the fingerprints late? What can I do at this point?

Thanks.
You applied in July 2022 and are posting in the February 2023?

AliSaif786

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Want to ask you guys, i gave my citizenship test on Apr 04, but my tracker still shows “waiting on you”. What could be the reason still its not updated on tracker.

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Just received my application as I forgot to include ID's for the kids and their birth certificate. I had just finish calling IRCC after I checked the mail and there was the package.
My question is am I able to apply online. Family of 4, (2 adult and 2 minors)

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Just received my application as I forgot to include ID's for the kids and their birth certificate. I had just finish calling IRCC after I checked the mail and there was the package.
My question is am I able to apply online. Family of 4, (2 adult and 2 minors)
For minors you have to apply on paper. For adults you can apply online creating separate applications

Reactions: jahrule