+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Applicants

raindrops

Aug 13, 2018
Hii, I am just preparing whatever is mentioned in the IRCC checklist. and if I do not have the proof, I am writing letter of explanation along with some other related documents. The list looks pretty simple, but it takes lot of time to prepare it :confused:

Apart from the application forms, we need
PCC
we should not do upfront medical for sponsorship
marriage certificate
applicant's educational documents, employment docs, passport and other govt proofs if its required for your country
Sponsor's PR card, employment proofs, bank stmt, T4, passport, etc
And collect as much as solid documents to prove your relationship such as photos(if your marriage is not one year older or you dont have kids, you need to collect strong evidence to prove your relationship) , social media post, journey tickets, email receipts for hotel check in or for order delivery(gifts ordered for spouse), bank statement which shows transaction between husband n wife, if you have joint bank account or insurance policy, property or utility bill doc etc..

I might have missed something, pls go through the checklist.
Thank you so much Gowri, i really appreciate the time and effort you took to respond and send as much info as you could. Wishing you the very best for your application.

Reactions: Gowri Dhamotharan

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hii, I am just preparing whatever is mentioned in the IRCC checklist. and if I do not have the proof, I am writing letter of explanation along with some other related documents. The list looks pretty simple, but it takes lot of time to prepare it :confused:

PCC
marriage certificate
applicant's educational documents, employment docs, passport and other govt proofs if its required for your country
And collect as much as solid documents to prove your relationship such as photos(if your marriage is not one year older or you dont have kids, you need to collect strong evidence to prove your relationship) , social media post, journey tickets, email receipts for hotel check in or for order delivery(gifts ordered for spouse), bank statement which shows transaction between husband n wife, if you have joint bank account or insurance policy, property or utility bill doc etc..

Good luck!

Reactions: Gowri Dhamotharan

arghikhanoom

Feb 23, 2021
It’s weird! I got the email just as submitted the application!
Hello, I want to upload my supporting documents (educational, financial,..) should I attach the documents at the end of each form, or should I upload them separately? Could you please tell me what did you do?

arghikhanoom

Feb 23, 2021

PCC
marriage certificate

Hello,

Thank you for your useful information.
I am at the middle of uploading files, just to be sure: Should I upload separate documents for the marriage certificate, education, etc., or should I attach them at the end of each related form?

@dasha0609

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Hi guys, we have sent our forms and docs to the lawyers (decided to go with the immigration lawyers to make sure everything goes well), they should be submitting end of Feb/early March. It's gonna be an online application. Good luck everyone. Cheers to doing long distance relationship for the next year lol

shahrukhrohit

Feb 15, 2022
Hi All. I submitted outland spousal application form on 14th Feb through online portal. Today I got to know that in Form 5406 and 5562 which needs to be filled by my spouse as a principal applicant, me travel details also need to be provided. I wrote not applicable in both the forms in section spousal details as it was mentioned that please provide information of those family member who are not canadaian citizen or pr. As I am PR of Canada I didn’t provide the information. Let me know what should I do next?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All. I submitted outland spousal application form on 14th Feb through online portal. Today I got to know that in Form 5406 and 5562 which needs to be filled by my spouse as a principal applicant, me travel details also need to be provided. I wrote not applicable in both the forms in section spousal details as it was mentioned that please provide information of those family member who are not canadaian citizen or pr. As I am PR of Canada I didn’t provide the information. Let me know what should I do next?
You should do nothing because you did it correctly. Sponsors (PRs and citizens) don't need to fill that section out.