+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

tarunarora9

Jul 30, 2017
You should wait for strike to end. I don't think doing anything matters now.
Once it's over try taking help of your MP office.
Sure. Thank you for your help! Could I request one last thing: is there any active thread that talks about how we reach out to local MP etc? Or any other tips you could suggest. I will Google myself too. Thank you again!

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Applied in Feb 2022. Gave citizenship exam last week of October 2022. Since then no other updates (except ghost ones). Anybody in the same boat as me? Could someone please guide me if I should reach out or email etc to understand what’s happening? Processing centre is SCR. My PR card is also expiring in near future.
I am in the same boat, gave test in Oct since then no update. Friends that gave test with me already got their passports lol. I ordered GCMS notes, couldnt really find anything more, just shows it got assigned to Sydney processing center and nothing is started after test. Calling them wasnt helpful as the standard processing time is 23 months, same for web inquiry.

Kurayem

Oct 30, 2019
Montréal
Applied in Feb 2022. Gave citizenship exam last week of October 2022. Since then no other updates (except ghost ones). Anybody in the same boat as me? Could someone please guide me if I should reach out or email etc to understand what’s happening? Processing centre is SCR. My PR card is also expiring in near future.
I'm on the same boat applied February 2022.. Test in November and snice then no update Montreal office.
I really suggest to make group in telegram or whatsapp for feb applications who's waiting for updates to follow up.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
I am on the same boat applied Feb 2022. Test completed in September. No update since then.

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hey there! I have the same timeline. Applied in February 2022, BG Complete August 2022, Citizenship test Complete October 7, 2022, Ghost update March 2, 2023.
I guess we just have to live life and be patient :p
I was also in the same boat as you when it comes to PR card expiry - it was expiring in January 2023, and I thought that I will definitely get my Citizenship by then, since it will be a year since the application, but nope, CIC had different plans apparently haha, so I applied for PR card renewal in February 2023 and just got my renewed card two weeks ago (mid April).
My advise to you, renew your PR card, to avoid risk of being stuck in Canada. Especially with this whole strike thing going on..
Have a great day:)

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
unrelated (sorry). It's been a while since I've been on this forum - how do I update the signature timeline? the one I have now is still from PR days

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
I am in the same boat, gave test in Oct since then no update. Friends that gave test with me already got their passports lol. I ordered GCMS notes, couldnt really find anything more, just shows it got assigned to Sydney processing center and nothing is started after test. Calling them wasnt helpful as the standard processing time is 23 months, same for web inquiry.
Same with my wife's application . Cant do much other than waiting.

• Sad
Reactions: movais

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
havent checked for a week, checked today slightly hopeful but no. I have decided ill be booking my work trips etc and should a citizenship ceremony clash with travel then oh well

• Sad
Reactions: movais