+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

flipper11

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Hi,
my language and physical presence is showing complete in my online account but prohibitions is still in process. Any idea why would it be so?
For those with LPP completed, did all 3 complete the same day or different dates please?

My timeline is -
FP and test request - Nov 14
FP done - Nov 15
Test done - Dec 3
BG check and test showing completed in tracker - Dec 9.
Passport photos asked & send - Dec 15
Online Interview - march 3
Language and physical presence complete - march 7
I am not even sure what's the difference between BG & Prohibitions. On the website it brings to the same section.

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Hi,
my language and physical presence is showing complete in my online account but prohibitions is still in process. Any idea why would it be so?
For those with LPP completed, did all 3 complete the same day or different dates please?

My timeline is -
FP and test request - Nov 14
FP done - Nov 15
Test done - Dec 3
BG check and test showing completed in tracker - Dec 9.
Passport photos asked & send - Dec 15
Online Interview - march 3
Language and physical presence complete - march 7
Could you kindly share your interview experience please? Just to have a basic idea

ahlalani

Jul 22, 2014
Applied in Feb 2022, AOR - March 23, 2022. The only update on the application is the citizenship test in October 2022. Rest everything is pending. It has been 1 full year. Applied from Mississauga. Anyone else with such slow progress?
exactly the same situation here.

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
exactly the same situation here.
I contacted them and explained I'm delaying work and personal travel in case it would clash with a potential oath or be prior to me obtaining a passport. Received a generic response that i can check my application online and they'd contact me if they needed additional or other information.

IngeNB

Feb 26, 2022
Could someone update the tracker, please

Application type: Online Application (Single Applicant)
Sent: Feb 22 2022
AOR: March 25 2022
Fingerprints request: Jan 19 2023
Fingerprints submitted: Feb 7 2023
Background Completed: Feb 24 2022
Prohibitions completed: March 8 2023
Physical presence completed: March 8 2023

Language: in process
Citizen test: n/a as over 55

Reactions: mannitscar

lenininy2k

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
I didn’t know there was an option. Is it faster with e certificate ? Also the certificate is needed to apply for passport right ?
Yes, e-certificate for now is only pilot. IRCC is selecting few folks for e-certificate. For me I received physical certificate and never had an option to choose between e-certificate/physica.

You need citizenship certificate to apply for canadian passport.

Reactions: twztedelegance

kaus_1

Oct 29, 2022
I got my Certificate last week. Now applying for passport.
I was a PR and my PR card was cut during the citizen ceremony. What should I mention in the "Previous Canadian Travel Document" section(Section 3 of passport application form) ? I have asked in other forum but didnt get any reply. Also googled for this but could not find any answer.

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
I got my Certificate last week. Now applying for passport.
I was a PR and my PR card was cut during the citizen ceremony. What should I mention in the "Previous Canadian Travel Document" section(Section 3 of passport application form) ? I have asked in other forum but didnt get any reply. Also googled for this but could not find any answer.
You never owned a Canadian passport before.

kaus_1

Oct 29, 2022
You never owned a Canadian passport before.
No. I was a PR, and my PR was cut during citizenship ceremony. What should I mention in the "Previous Canadian Travel Document" section(Section 3 of passport application form) ? is PR Card considered a Canadian travel document? Do I need to leave this section empty?

Last edited: