+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Mrstdn

Sep 25, 2018
Hello,

All of my activities except "Citizenship ceremony" were updated to "completed" on Oct 19, 2022 (same for my spouse)
But for kids applications - last update was just "Application filed" (on Mar28, 2022), with all other activities still "in progress".
From what I'm reading on this forum - usually it's pretty quick to get the date of ceremony after all other steps are completed (it's been 50 days without updates)
Is that normal? Or should I call IRCC?

Upd: Vancouver office

Last edited:

owl108

Nov 10, 2022
Hello,

All of my activities except "Citizenship ceremony" were updated to "completed" on Oct 19, 2022 (same for my spouse)
But for kids applications - last update was just "Application filed" (on Mar28, 2022), with all other activities still "in progress".
From what I'm reading on this forum - usually it's pretty quick to get the date of ceremony after all other steps are completed (it's been 50 days without updates)
Which office is processing your application? Thank you

Jazzy_21

Dec 8, 2022
Hi All
Can anyone please let me know if a passport is mandatory to take the citizenship test. My passport has been sent for a visa stamping by my company and I am wondering if the passport is checked before taking the test. Can anyone who completed the test recently throw some light? Will be highly grateful.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All
Can anyone please let me know if a passport is mandatory to take the citizenship test. My passport has been sent for a visa stamping by my company and I am wondering if the passport is checked before taking the test. Can anyone who completed the test recently throw some light? Will be highly grateful.
You either require PR card or a valid government issued photo ID(e.g. Driving license). No passport is needed.

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hi All
You don’t need a passport at the time of your test but you need to have a Goverment issued ID and that can be your PR card or drivers license and in my case I used my drivers license for an ID
Hope this helps and best of luck

Mrstdn

Sep 25, 2018
Hello,

Upd: Vancouver office
Checked ECAS - "decision made" for me and my spouse (I guess that happened Oct 19, 2022), but "in process" for both kids.
Is that normal?

Reactions: Once again

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
What is meant by “test interview”?
It's the date you actually finish your test/interview. Pre-COVID, people had test and interview in-person on the same day. Now, there is only an online test and some people get called in for a virtual or in-person interview

Reactions: Jazzy_21

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hello friends,

I passed my test on Oct 1st, 2022 but I just received an email from ircc asking for interview. I am so upset why they want to take my interview is there anything wrong?

Please reply

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admin, please update
Background check complete: Oct 12, 2022

Thank you.
Update:

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1103
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: Feb 20, 2022
Application delivered: Feb 20, 2022
AOR: Mar 24, 2022
Ghost Update: Oct 07, 2022
Background check complete: Oct 12, 2022

Admin, please update
Test Invite: December 08, 20222 (Dec 09 - Dec 29)- Niagara Falls Office

Thank you.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Hello friends,

I passed my test on Oct 1st, 2022 but I just received an email from ircc asking for interview. I am so upset why they want to take my interview is there anything wrong?

Please reply
Before the pandemic they basically interviewed everyone. Now they are starting to interview more applicants. Nothing to worry about. They are just looking at your documents. In some in-person interviews they gave the oath right after the interview on the same day.

Reactions: Noslord2003