+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***February 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Hello Good People, we did medicals for my spouse on 7th Aug in Pune and I'm not sure when will hospital send results to IRCC, because ECAS still does not reflect any updates on medicals passed.

However, I sent a webform on 10th Aug with medical acknowledgement given by hospital so in case of delays from hospital side, we made sure to tell them we did the medicals well within 30 days of time period.

Any takes on this? What if hospital delays and report are received by ircc after 30 days? Will they accept or we will have to do medicals again?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Good People, we did medicals for my spouse on 7th Aug in Pune and I'm not sure when will hospital send results to IRCC, because ECAS still does not reflect any updates on medicals passed.

However, I sent a webform on 10th Aug with medical acknowledgement given by hospital so in case of delays from hospital side, we made sure to tell them we did the medicals well within 30 days of time period.

Any takes on this? What if hospital delays and report are received by ircc after 30 days? Will they accept or we will have to do medicals again?
You'll be fine, you did medicals within the required time

Reactions: Jabya

qwerty2520

May 26, 2021
Hello folks,
Anybody knows if we can submit spousal sponsorship application with COPR letter instead of PR card? I am waiting to receive my PR card from May 2021. Thanks in advance!

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Guys is there any thread/whatspp group only for NDVO (New delhi visa office)? @Kraken_123 do you have any info on this?

Also I wanted to if there any specific rules or guidelines around visiting your spouse (outside Canada) while Spousal Sponsorship application is in progress?

Guidelines around,

1. Length of stay outside Canada while application is in progress?
2. Communication, does Sponsor needs to communicate to IRCC, if he intends to stay for more than 1 month outside Canada while application is in progress?

I looked around and could not find any document that outlines these guidelines.

Asking because I had initially planned to visit my spouse for 3/4 weeks but now planning to stay for some more time,

Asking because, I just want to make sure me (Sponsor) staying outside of Canada for more than 1 or 1 and half months has any harmful/adverse impact on my spousal application?

My application has passed SA and MR step.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Guys is there any thread/whatspp group only for NDVO (New delhi visa office)? @Kraken_123 do you have any info on this?

Also I wanted to if there any specific rules or guidelines around visiting your spouse (outside Canada) while Spousal Sponsorship application is in progress?

Guidelines around,

1. Length of stay outside Canada while application is in progress?
Short form: PR-sponsors must be resident throughout the process, citizens do not need to be resident (but may need to show intent to return). Short trips are specifically okay. There's no definition of 'short' - so stays outside Canada are at your own risk. It's unclear how strictly IRCC enforces this or what criteria they use - so again, at your own risk.

There is a lengthy thread here on this:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/leaving-canada-temporarily-while-spouses-pr-outland-is-in-progress-sponser-being-pr-and-sponsorship-eligibility-is-approved.696170/page-4#post-9358435

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Any Whatsapp group for Feb 2021 Outland applicants? My wife gave her Medical exam in mid april but no update since then and its starting to get concerning.

File is in NDVO.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Meds passed status on 22 Aug 2021, Medical was requested on 21 Jul. Timeline in signature.

Also Folks do we get AOR2 status in ECAS?
Something like your file has been transferred to XYZ VO office? or is it just like ghost update?

Hopefully, PreArrival/DM soon! :p

Last edited:

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
Meds passed status on 22 Aug 2021, Medical was requested on 21 Jul. Timeline in signature.

Also Folks do we get AOR2 status in ECAS?
Something like your file has been transferred to XYZ VO office? or is it just like ghost update?

Hopefully, PreArrival/DM soon! :p
Some VO send AOR2 as an email and some won't. When a file is transferred to local VO and received ECAS status change to "Application Received" and again it will change to "In Process" when they start processing the application. Then line 2 will appear "We started processing your application on XXXX"

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Hi, We received our medical on 30th July along with pre-arrival, any idea how long the rest of process will take?