+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Wanted to share something with you guys, not sure if this is the right place or not. It was recommended to me as part of additional resource with the study for the test to use (Canadian Citizenship Test Preparation with Esther) - see link below

Canadian Citizenship Test Preparation with Esther: Log in to the site (canadian-citizenship-test-prep.ca)

You can sign up for free and try a free module, I like it so much that I invested in the 30 days option and so far been enjoying the course, it is strait forward and easy and she touches on a couple of topics and explains them better with more examples.

I thought I share this just in case anyone find it useful.

Just wanted to add, you still need to read Discover Canada booklet to pass your test, that should always be your number 1 resource, this course is an addition to it to help you fill in the blanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: engray

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hey fantastic news! had a feeling you will hear something soon. Start studying...
Wanted to share something with you guys, not sure if this is the right place or not. It was recommended to me as part of additional resource with the study for the test to use (Canadian Citizenship Test Preparation with Esther) - see link below

Canadian Citizenship Test Preparation with Esther: Log in to the site (canadian-citizenship-test-prep.ca)

You can sign up for free and try a free module, I like it so much that I invested in the 30 days option and so far been enjoying the course, it is strait forward and easy and she touches on a couple of topics and explains them better with more examples.

I thought I share this just in case anyone find it useful.
Thanks! I will check out the link!

Reactions: scott.roy210988

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
you are saying that you are only seeing ghost updates and none of the pillars got an update from inprogress to completed ?
What do you mean?

I saw an update on the 9th but none of the sections got updated, so I called that a ghost update. Then I logged in today and saw:
1- Last Update: September 13th (today).
2- BG section marked as complete
3- Application history has a new entry: BG status updated to completed on September 10th.

Reactions: scott.roy210988

Chadev

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
What do you mean?n

I saw an update on the 9th but none of the sections got updated, so I called that a ghost update. Then I logged in today and saw:
1- Last Update: September 13th (today).
2- BG section marked as complete
3- Application history has a new entry: BG status updated to completed on September 10th.
Oh I see, we are in sync then engray, when do you anticipate getting test invite ? ?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Oh I see, we are in sync then engray, when do you anticipate getting test invite ? ?
I think it's within the next 3 months (hopefully). If they are processing e-apps by FIFO, then we should get citizenship before March 31, 2022 (optimistic view).

But I can see that it could stretch until summer 2022...

Chadev

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
I think it's within the next 3 months (hopefully). If they are processing e-apps by FIFO, then we should get citizenship before March 31, 2022 (optimistic view).

But I can see that it could stretch until summer 2022...
I think its gonna be much before that !

Reactions: engray

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
I think its gonna be much before that !
People from Sep-Dec 2020 who recently got the decision have their Oath in Mar 2022. I am not very hopeful Feb 2021 applicants will get it before June 2022 to be realistic irrespective of whether Online or by mail.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
People from Sep-Dec 2020 who recently got the decision have their Oath in Mar 2022. I am not very hopeful Feb 2021 applicants will get it before June 2022 to be realistic irrespective of whether Online or by mail.
ATIP documents indicate that 5k online applicants will be the target for this FY, so we will see

Chadev

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
So taking test and taking oath are two different things. I think test could be done quicker and online persons can swoop in the regular lots quicker. However, oath could take that long.