+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

monaliza_332

Aug 12, 2021
My Tracker got updated yesterday but there is no changes. does anyone know what it means? I applied online so I cant check ecas.

MartinH1337

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Hey everyone, yesterday (25th August 2021) the "Background verification" portion of my application was marked as complete using the new tracker. As I applied online the ECAS system isn't an option for me.
If it helps anyone, my tracker updated on August 24th but no change was actually noted that day, only yesterday.

Reactions: hkdvirdi

sanahhasan

Feb 29, 2016
Hi, I am wondering if someone can help me with some question regarding online physical presence calculation and a question from the citizenship application form.

For the online physical presence calculator, what should you enter as the 'application date?' On the instructions per CIC website, it indicates "Enter the date you will sign the application. If you do not know when you will sign the application or are only checking to see if you are eligible, enter today's date."

Based on the above, I indicated August 31, 2021 as the date of my application. When I do that, the eligibility period I get from the calculation is from August 31, 2016 to August 30, 2021.

On the application form question 9 a) asks to enter the "to date" from the calculation and it automatically populates the "from date."

When I enter the "to date" Aug 30, 2021 from the physical presence calculator, it automatically populates the "from date" as Aug 30, 2016 instead of Aug 31, 2016 and gives me an error message saying that the "to date should be greater than from date." However, I entered the "to date" of Aug 30, 2021 per the online calculation. Why am I still getting error and isn't Aug 30, 2021 greater than Aug 30, 2016?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hello friends,

My citizenship application has not been updated since May 17, only 5 days after the status changes to “in progress”. Many February paper applicants’ background verification has already changed to completed. Since a few weeks ago, thankfully, many February paper applicants have received the test invite or have already taken the test. I’m so happy for them.

My question is, is it normal that my application has not been updated since May 17, and even my background verification is still in progress? Anybody else in the same boat? Please kindly advice.

Paper Application delivered: February 9, 2021
AOR: April 13, 2021
In progress: May 12, 2021
Last time updated on the new tracker dashboard: May 17, 2021
My friends, your advice and opinion is highly appreciated. Should I send a web form?

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
My friends, your advice and opinion is highly appreciated. Should I send a web form?
My best guess is the background check may vary depending upon the country of origin, some may take more time than others. I read in news about someone having their application stuck for more than 3 years because their background check was taking time. Maybe compare timelines with someone with a similar background as yourself. This is just a guess.

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
My best guess is the background check may vary depending upon the country of origin, some may take more time than others. I read in news about someone having their application stuck for more than 3 years because their background check was taking time. Maybe compare timelines with someone with a similar background as yourself. This is just a guess.
I've heard having a unique or rare name helps out a treat. Luckily my full name is pretty obscure so hopefully that helps me.

Meanwhile every John Smith might be getting pinged for every other John Smith who ever have a DUI.

shayanmubarak1

Mar 2, 2011
I applied online on 20th February and got AOR today. How long is it taking to receive test invite and what is "IP" as mentioned in the tracker?