+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
hello there,

i received my test invite on Aug 4 and i've just completed the test today Aug 21. I'm so glad they allow test outside Canada now which is an option stated on the test invite email, just need to notify them within 48 hrs. Please update the spreadsheet and thank you.

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
hello there,

i received my test invite on Aug 4 and i've just completed the test today Aug 21. I'm so glad they allow test outside Canada now which is an option stated on the test invite email, just need to notify them within 48 hrs. Please update the spreadsheet and thank you.
Many congratulations, was the test hard? any tips? Also when did you receive an AOR? Just trying to figure out how long it is taking from test invite from AOR

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
LOL why do you need a 1080P camera? I took the test with a integrated monitor webcam that isn't really great and I had no issues. Just make sure the quality of the pictures (ID and your face) is good, that's all. 720P is more than enough.
Because it was mentioned on page 73 of this thread, you will see people have mentioned you need 1080p to ensure your photo ID picture quality is accepted. Thanks for letting us know otherwise, at least we know now that a 720p picture of the ID is also accepted, much appreciated!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Because it was mentioned on page 73 of this thread, you will see people have mentioned you need 1080p to ensure your photo ID picture quality is accepted. Thanks for letting us know otherwise, at least we know now that a 720p picture of the ID is also accepted, much appreciated!
Test it out. I went with 1080p since I had the option. The 720p laptop I had has horrible quality. I took a test picture at 720p and it was barely readable. The name was in big fonts so that was ok, but not the DOB and signature. Besides pixels, the quality of the camera sensor also matters, some may be better in reproducing the image at 720p, some may not. Ironically, Mac with 720p was unreadable at least for me. I read on some other post to use 1080p to be safe.

Reactions: cyberkodi

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Many congratulations, was the test hard? any tips? Also when did you receive an AOR? Just trying to figure out how long it is taking from test invite from AOR
Test was not hard. I read the book 3 times and did a lot of test practices before I did the test. I think everyone who are well prepared for the test won't find it difficult. I received AOR in March and got test invite in early Aug.

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
I emailed the tech support for the IRCC Online testing technical support with this issue. I told them I have a macbook pro with a 720p webcam, will that be OK? This was their reply:

Hello,

When taking a picture of your ID, ensure that the photo is not blurry that the biographic information is readable.

Thank you

Online testing technical support / Citizenship and Passport Programs Branch
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Spouse took the test today and passed, 17/20.
Spouse's test status is updated in the CIC tracker to Completed. We also submitted all pages of the passport as requested by CIC.

BG verification: Completed
Citizenship test: Completed
Language, Physical presence, Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

Reactions: engray

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
I am planning to move to a new apartment soon, anyone knows what is the process to update an address after receiving an AOR?

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
I am planning to move to a new apartment soon, anyone knows what is the process to update an address after receiving an AOR?
Change it in >>>ECAS<<<

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Change it in >>>ECAS<<<
Thanks, I tried ECAS and I tried using UCI and or application number, it still can not find my details, has anyone encountered this before? Anyway, I will submit a webform enquiry to change my address since I am not able to use ECAS

Last edited: