+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi Guys,
I called CIC this morning since they sent me an email on Friday that eluded to the fact that I should have already gotten OAR ( I Didn't )
The agent told me that they are in the process of sending out my OAR and gave me my application number.
I checked the new system and it say, " they have received my application and began processing it April 26th, please update.
Thanks
Hi @Jollyzee, can you check ECAS and check the AOR date? Also, the new tracker gives you more information about the progress of your application.

Reactions: Jollyzee

Jollyzee

Mar 18, 2021
Hi @Jollyzee, can you check ECAS and check the AOR date? Also, the new tracker gives you more information about the progress of your application.
I checked in ECAS, is still says application received Feb 25th and nothing else.
In the new system, everything except test and ceremony says in process and the History says, they began processing on April 26th.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi
Back ground checks completed today for spouse. No update for minor.

Thanks.

Reactions: RJ2020 and engray

shafeeq87

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Can you please share the contact number of cic to get status of application.

Hi Guys,
I called CIC this morning since they sent me an email on Friday that eluded to the fact that I should have already gotten OAR ( I Didn't )
The agent told me that they are in the process of sending out my OAR and gave me my application number.
I checked the new system and it say, " they have received my application and began processing it April 26th, please update.
Thanks

rahikh

Apr 27, 2021
Hey guys. I just noticed that some people uploaded the stamped pages of their passports in their application. I submitted my online application on Feb and it was only requesting for the bio page of the passport not anything else though. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey guys. I just noticed that some people uploaded the stamped pages of their passports in their application. I submitted my online application on Feb and it was only requesting for the bio page of the passport not anything else though. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
As long as you submitted what was requested, you should be fine. AFAIK, only bio pages of the passport are needed when submitting a citizenship grant application. Some people submit extra documents despite not being asked for it.

Please note that submitting passport stamps with your application provides NO GUARANTEE that you'll not receive an interview invite later.

You're fine, don't worry.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
You are not required to submit stamped pages. You should submit what they ask you to submit, nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: pal-3

pal-3

Mar 27, 2013
Hello, in how many days does the status changes from in-progress to Background verification completed? Do they do it for all candidates or only for those who were away from Canada for 183 or more?

Mine shows Background verification in progress but I never left Canada for more than 183 days. Pls help.

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
Got an ECAS update that the File is: In Process (7th June)

everything else other than the citizenship test and ceremony is also in process on the new tracker.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hello, in how many days does the status changes from in-progress to Background verification completed? Do they do it for all candidates or only for those who were away from Canada for 183 or more?

Mine shows Background verification in progress but I never left Canada for more than 183 days. Pls help.
There is no real answer here, everyone get their background verification checked.

Got an ECAS update that the File is: In Process (7th June)

everything else other than the citizenship test and ceremony is also in process on the new tracker.
Updated, Congrats!

Reactions: pal-3