+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hello,

Any Feb applicant still waiting for the “decision made” status like me here? Vancouver applicant here, and I somehow feel I’m the only Feb applicant still waiting for the oath. I took the test about 2 months ago, but not only no oath ceremony has been scheduled for me yet after 1.5 years, but also all items either are in progress or has not started except the test and background verification which are completed. Any applicant in the same boat here? Thanks.

Here is my timeline:

Application delivered: February 9, 2021
AOR: April 13, 2021
Fingerprint required: September 15, 2021
Fingerprint received: October 28, 2021
Background verification status updated to Completed: October 29th, 2022
Citizenship test taken: May 2nd, 2022
Citizenship test status changed to completed: May 5th, 2022

Last update: May 5th, 2022
same Feb 21 applicant, test completed last Aug 21!! physical/language/prohibition still in progress....

• Sad
Reactions: Wandering Mind

nowondery

Jun 17, 2016
How do we join the virtual oath ceremony as a family.. we all have same zoom meeting ID but different seat numbers (in sequence though). We intend to use on PC to access the meeting so how do we enter seat numbers for the whole family?
Thanks in advance.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
How do we join the virtual oath ceremony as a family.. we all have same zoom meeting ID but different seat numbers (in sequence though). We intend to use on PC to access the meeting so how do we enter seat numbers for the whole family?
Thanks in advance.
Join from one Zoom link and enter the seat numbers as your name. For eg: #23-26, for a group of 4 people. They’d also rename you to be honest.

Reactions: nowondery

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
Hello,

Any Feb applicant still waiting for the “decision made” status like me here? Vancouver applicant here, and I somehow feel I’m the only Feb applicant still waiting for the oath. I took the test about 2 months ago, but not only no oath ceremony has been scheduled for me yet after 1.5 years, but also all items either are in progress or has not started except the test and background verification which are completed. Any applicant in the same boat here? Thanks.

Here is my timeline:

Application delivered: February 9, 2021
AOR: April 13, 2021
Fingerprint required: September 15, 2021
Fingerprint received: October 28, 2021
Background verification status updated to Completed: October 29th, 2022
Citizenship test taken: May 2nd, 2022
Citizenship test status changed to completed: May 5th, 2022

Last update: May 5th, 2022
I’m still waiting for an update as well. I took the test back in March and March 31 was the last date they updated my application after that nothing happened no oath or any other update at all! I’m loosing my hope honestly:(

• Sad

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
Mine is somehow similar. Scarborough office, paper single applicant:
Sent april 2021
AOR July 2021
Background check completed March 2022
Test April 2022
Language skills: In progress
Physical presence: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started
Was there any update on your application? Mine is still same:(

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
Processing office: Montreal
Physical Days: 1098
Application: Single applicant
Application sent: February 18, 2021 (Paper)
Delivered: February 22, 2021
AOR: April 21, 2021
Background verification: Completed June 4th, 2021. G note Validity shows June 2nd, 2022 (1 year passed. I think they might do it again)
Citizenship test completed: Aug 17, 2021 (???)
Language skills: In progress
Physical presence: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started

I gave up on having an update anytime soon. Called IRCC 3 times. Last call (a month ago), the agent said your Physical presence is done but not updated. Everything looks good. It seems the officer did not look at my file since Feb 21, 2022. Not even surprised.

My current passport will expire in the next 6 months. Seems I got to send them a new one once I have it. This might delay again. :(

Are my application files decomposed?
It’s a real nightmare:( Haven’t received any update at all and when I email them, all they say is they are working on it I wonder how they are working on the applicants that have sent their applications months after ours but they are awaiting for their passports already!

• Sad

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
I checked my online account and discovered that the background check which was updated to completed in June 2021 was updated to in progress on June 06 , 2022. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

My Friend experienced the same thing but after couple of days everything updated to completed. Did anyone experience same thing?

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi All.

I have been scheduled for an interview in a few days . I spent a year outside Canada after my application..any one in similar situation, please advice on what might be asked. If you don't want to post here in public please DM me.

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
HI, a note to people who have tests outside Canada

Finally some feedback from IRCC after 11 months of nothing....I had my test outside Canada last Aug, I noticed my paper file was transferred to a location called "Etest - from outside Canada" in Scarborough office by reading the GCMS notes since Feb 2022. Today I received email requesting me to provide proofs of travel documents if I have returned to Canada. I hope everything will be faster after this point.

By the way, my son, who is in Waterloo, submitted application 7 months after me, completed test last month (Jun 2022) already got all checks completed last week. If only I knew test outside Canada will slow down my process, I would never did the test outside Canada in the first place!

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021

Finally some feedback from IRCC after 11 months of nothing....I had my test outside Canada last Aug, I noticed my paper file was transferred to a location called "Etest - from outside Canada" in Scarborough office by reading the GCMS notes since Feb 2022. Today I received email requesting me to provide proofs of travel documents if I have returned to Canada. I hope everything will be faster after this point.

By the way, my son, who is in Waterloo, submitted application 7 months after me, completed test last month (Jun 2022) already got all checks completed last week. If only I knew test outside Canada will slow down my process, I would never did the test outside Canada in the first place!
Yes neither would I have taken it from outside Canada. After sending them proof of return and passport copies they will schedule and interview in a month's time.

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021

Did you not send them your ticket boarding pass when you arrived. I did that next day . Then after about 60 days they requested passport copies of all held passorts during 5 year period. After 20 days or so interview request.

CYM

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Did you not send them your ticket boarding pass when you arrived. I did that next day . Then after about 60 days they requested passport copies of all held passorts during 5 year period. After 20 days or so interview request.
I have no idea I need to send them my travelling documents when I returned...I was not aware people were doing this that time. When did you return and what's your status now?

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I have no idea I need to send them my travelling documents when I returned...I was not aware people were doing this that time. When did you return and what's your status now?
As I mentioned earlier I am scheduled for an interview..informed ircc of my return about 2 months back.