+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

venkat9999

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
My wife appeared for her exam in Jan 2022 and has been told to wait patiently for another 4-6 months to get an Oath invite and that she is in queue to get an invite for Oath ceremony. Her file was last updated on 31st May 2022. We are hoping she will get an Oath invite in this year at least :D
My file was last updated on March 7 2022, it was a ghost update with no further info

venkat9999

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Got a call from MP's office that my application is still in progress and within 27 months processing window, so even if Oath is not scheduled, not to expect application to move forward anytime sooner, and asked to check back year end. So even 1 year after test for Oath is the new norm

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Got a call from MP's office that my application is still in progress and within 27 months processing window, so even if Oath is not scheduled, not to expect application to move forward anytime sooner, and asked to check back year end. So even 1 year after test for Oath is the new norm
Hi, thank you for letting us know, and I’m so sorry to hear that the processing of your application is delayed. I’m somehow in the same boat though. So, I completely feel your frustration.

Just a quick question. Is the status of your application “decision made” in the old tracker? If your application is online, you can’t see and check the old tracker though, because it only works for paper apps. Are all sections in the new tracker “green completed” except the oath?

venkat9999

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Hi, thank you for letting us know, and I’m so sorry to hear that the processing of your application is delayed. I’m somehow in the same boat though. So, I completely feel your frustration.

Just a quick question. Is the status of your application “decision made” in the old tracker? If your application is online, you can’t see and check the old tracker though, because it only works for paper apps. Are all sections in the new tracker “green completed” except the oath?
No, my application is still In Process in old tracker. Only Citizenship Test and Background Application is Completed/Green, all others show In Progress

pal-3

Mar 27, 2013
No, my application is still In Process in old tracker. Only Citizenship Test and Background Application is Completed/Green, all others show In Progress
I am in the same boat, gave my test last november, one ghost update in march 2022 but since then no update

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
today at 9:32 AM
Hello Everyone

Need some information from members who have already taken the oath.

During oath did you need your COPR if you had your PR card in your possession and became a PR after June 28 2002?

Just trying to be sure as mine is back home.

Thanks

Ronnie

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Hi Guys,

Finally some progress about my file. I have been scheduled an interview. Is this common? Anyone please tell me what will be the questions in the interview?

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi Guys,

Finally some progress about my file. I have been scheduled an interview. Is this common? Anyone please tell me what will be the questions in the interview?
Hi

It's not common but happens. They will ask you mostly about your travel during the 5 year period and about reason for long stays out of Canada. Amd maybe general question about your employer...nothing to worry.

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
After waiting for over 4 months, received a confusing email requesting coloured photocopies of my passport!
Does anyone know how long will it take for them to update something on the tracker or get an oath date after submitting the passport photocopies?
Date of application was Feb 2021, took my test on March 2022 and nothing after that until last friday that they requested passport photocopies!
Should I just give up and stop checking my tracker at this point? I’m so hopeless:(

• Sad
Reactions: Wandering Mind

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
After waiting for over 4 months, received a confusing email requesting coloured photocopies of my passport!
Does anyone know how long will it take for them to update something on the tracker or get an oath date after submitting the passport photocopies?
Date of application was Feb 2021, took my test on March 2022 and nothing after that until last friday that they requested passport photocopies!
Should I just give up and stop checking my tracker at this point? I’m so hopeless:(
Make sure you get any stamps other than in English or French translated by a certified translator. Cost me cad 50. After I sent them I was scheduled for an interview 2 months later and after another month got oath invite.

Reactions: Oh.canada

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
Make sure you get any stamps other than in English or French translated by a certified translator. Cost me cad 50. After I sent them I was scheduled for an interview 2 months later and after another month got oath invite.
I have some Arabic stamps that got them translated but wasn’t so sure about 2 Turkish stamps. Dates are in English but the words enter and exit are in turkish. By any chance do you know if I should get them translated as well?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I feel you. Don’t be hopeless. Requesting photocopies of passport pages is a good sign. It means they’re working on your application, and the process of your application is going forward. It’s pretty much routine these days to request for passport pages. I’m pretty sure after sending the photocopies, you’ll hear good news from their side. Hang on buddy. Good news is on the way…

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I have some Arabic stamps that got them translated but wasn’t so sure about 2 Turkish stamps. Dates are in English but the words enter and exit are in turkish. By any chance do you know if I should get them translated as well?
Yes I would as I might cause unnecessary delay if they requested again. It's not only dates..what about the arrival and departure mentioned in Stamps.