+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

barnicole85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
Other
Hello! Could you please update the tracker?
Test completed: March 16, 2022
Prohibitions, physical presence, language completed: April 26, 2022

Just waiting on ceremony invite. Yipee!

Reactions: DEEP2022

AhsanK

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
26-12-2017
Hi, Long time Lurker, but first post as I am getting really frustrated seeing all those who have applied long after me getting their ceremonies and passports. I applied Nov 2020, AOR Feb 22 2021. Test invite and passed Jan 28 2022. BG and Test completed in tracker but absolutely nothing else since. I requested and received GCMS notes but they didnt show anything untoward or of note. I know no-one can tell me when I may hear something but there really is no logic to all of this and I am getting really fed up with it. I have had to send for my PR renewal because the 12 month processing has become long over that and I need to be able to travel. Processing office is London and a single applicant if that helps.
Hi, My friend was in a similar situation, he was waiting for the oath invitation for a few months after passing the test but there was no update on his application so he reached out to the Vancouver ceremony office and they scheduled him for the oath ceremony within the next few days. I would suggest you do the same and reach out to the London office, IRCC is only responding to applicants who are reaching out to them, I also got my test invite when I reached out to them.

I hope this helps.

kooer

Jun 8, 2016
Hi, My friend was in a similar situation, he was waiting for the oath invitation for a few months after passing the test but there was no update on his application so he reached out to the Vancouver ceremony office and they scheduled him for the oath ceremony within the next few days. I would suggest you do the same and reach out to the London office, IRCC is only responding to applicants who are reaching out to them, I also got my test invite when I reached out to them.

I hope this helps.
This is really helpful, thank you so much.

Reactions: AhsanK

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
This is my time line:
Application Received: Feb 1, 2021
Background Complete: Dec 8, 2021
Citizenship Status: Feb 4, 2022
Citizenship Test taken: Feb 22,2022
Citizenship Test Updated: March 3, 2022
Lang, Pro & Phy Compete: April 26, 2022
Citizenship Oath: not started
Ecas shows: DM

I did also order my notes on March 31st in hopes that they will go look at my file. The language, prohibition and physical presence is the easiest parts in my opinion.

I will not ask how long from DM to oath. I did email them since i have travel plans but no response yet.

ProntoTiny

Feb 11, 2022

I hope this helps.
How do we reach out to Vancouver Ceremony Office?

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021

I hope this helps.
Hi. Please could you share the Vancouver email address that your friend wrote to. Thanks

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hi, I mailed my paper citizenship application in Feb 2021
AOR received May 2021
Online Tracker last updated October 2021
Language, Background, Physical presence, Prohibitions - In progress

Is there anything I could do in this situation to get an update on my application?
Thanks.

Snow1Mobile

Feb 14, 2022
Finally got oath invite, 6 months after passing the test and 5 and a half months after DM. And only because I sent them a nice crafted very polite email asking about my application status. Scarborough office.

Snow1Mobile

Feb 14, 2022
Hello,

Today I took my test. However, during the test I noticed that two tabs were open. Without switching to the other tabs, clicked on the X on the tab icons and closed them. I didn’t cheat. However, every time I clicked on the next question, the pop-up message showed up and warned that I’m leaving the exam. I had to click on “I’m back”. Did anyone have the same experience? The message showed up 10 times every time I clicked on “next question”. I don’t know why. I think I messed it up :-( I really tried and prepared well. I’m so worried. Anyone with the same experience? Do you think they would ask me to redo the test?
That's ok you will be able to take the test again after you complete your jail sentence. Next time do it properly and use two different browsers, one for test and one for googling the answers. Lol

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Finally got oath invite, 6 months after passing the test and 5 and a half months after DM. And only because I sent them a nice crafted very polite email asking about my application status. Scarborough office.
I wrote them an email, just received automated reply saying they won’t reply to inquiries. :mad:

ABUMACEO

May 5, 2022
Hello,

New here, been reading these forums for sometime and decided to jump in.

see below info copied and pasted.

my test information got updated to completed on april 19th.

I took the test april 14th.

waiting for everything else to turn green and hopefully get my oath ceremony process started.

• Apr 19, 2022

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Apr 7, 2022

Background verification activity status updated

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Apr 6, 2022

Fingerprint results: Received

We received your fingerprint information on April 6, 2022 and will review them shortly. Thank you!
  • Mar 25, 2022

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between March 25, 2022 and April 14, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Mar 16, 2022

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
  • Dec 15, 2021

Fingerprints required: final notice

Background verification

We sent you a final notice to submit your fingerprints.
  • Aug 17, 2021

Fingerprints required

Background verification

We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.
  • Feb 18, 2021

Application filed

We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
This is my time line:
Application Received: Feb 1, 2021
Background Complete: Dec 8, 2021
Citizenship Status: Feb 4, 2022
Citizenship Test taken: Feb 22,2022
Citizenship Test Updated: March 3, 2022
Lang, Pro & Phy Compete: April 26, 2022
Citizenship Oath: not started
Ecas shows: DM
I received update May 5th: Oath May 26, 2022

akak121212

Nov 7, 2016
Admin, please update:
Ecas decision made - May 4th 2022
(Prohibitions, language, and physical presence updated same date)

Citizenship ceremony not started.