17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
I have applied for FSW-O application from India and my AOR is Feb,2021.
During this time my current company has decided to provide me with offer letter and asked me to apply work permit from India.
I have few questions it would be really helpful if you can answer them.
  1. Can my work permit application cause issues with my PR application like a rejection of either application ?
  2. If I go ahead, I have done my PCC, Medical and Biometric in the beginning of this year itself, can I re-use them in my work permit application ?
  3. Are there any pit falls I should be aware for such Dual Application setup ?
Thanks

1. Each application is processed on its own merits. However, there should be no discrepancy in the applications. See #5,143
2. yes. However, they must be valid:
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • Biometrics: are valid for 10 years.
  • Medicals are valid for 1 year.
3. See 1.

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Do not want to add my child in my application but got request letter to add, how to respond

Hi,

In response to 'ready for visa' email, I informed the birth of my child to ircc. However, I mentioned that I do not want to add my child in my application. But, I received a request letter in my account acknowledging my intention to add my child in my application and asked me to submit documents within 30 days. They said if I failed to meet the deadline, they will make a decision on the existing documents and the application could be rejected. I saw a link has been opened in my account to upload documents.
How can I inform ircc that I DO NOT WANT TO ADD my child to my application? How can I send reply to IRCC that I never intended to add my child. Is it mandatory to add my children in PR application before landing?

My child is a US citizen and I believe he can accompany me in Canada while landing without any visa. Is that correct? My spouse and I, intend to land in Canada and stay there for 2-3 weeks. Will my child be able to accompany me as he is a US citizen?

Thanks.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Do not want to add my child in my application but got request letter to add, how to respond

Hi,

In response to 'ready for visa' email, I informed the birth of my child to ircc. However, I mentioned that I do not want to add my child in my application. But, I received a request letter in my account acknowledging my intention to add my child in my application and asked me to submit documents within 30 days. They said if I failed to meet the deadline, they will make a decision on the existing documents and the application could be rejected. I saw a link has been opened in my account to upload documents.
How can I inform ircc that I DO NOT WANT TO ADD my child to my application? How can I send reply to IRCC that I never intended to add my child. Is it mandatory to add my children in PR application before landing?

My child is a US citizen and I believe he can accompany me in Canada while landing without any visa. Is that correct? My spouse and I, intend to land in Canada and stay there for 2-3 weeks. Will my child be able to accompany me as he is a US citizen?

Thanks.
Not an expert, but if you don't add your child in the PR application before, I believe it would be difficult to get your child a PR in the future.

Harminder Singh2

Jan 31, 2021
1. Each application is processed on its own merits. However, there should be no discrepancy in the applications. See #5,143
2. yes. However, they must be valid:
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • Biometrics: are valid for 10 years.
  • Medicals are valid for 1 year.
3. See 1.
Thank you for the answers

Reactions: legalfalcon

Kannan36

Jul 29, 2021
Hi Guys, I am new here, I am on the same boat like you guys.
AOR: February 02 2021
PR application under PNP
Still waiting for the results
Last status check still on security check and not started.
not sure still how long does it takes..

dhananjaybhati

Star Member
May 17, 2021
PR application under PNP
Hopefully we'll see more updates in Sep/Oct

dhananjaybhati

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Hello folks, need advice on below scenario.

In case I get a PPR sometime later this year and land in Canada, will I be able to fly back to my home country in 2-3 months to get married? I've been hearing that we can’t leave Canada for at least a year, once we land.

prama

May 20, 2021
PR application under PNP
AOR : Jan end 2021 with ONIP still nothing is changed in the website except medical. Totally weird.
In IRCC site they are showing that currently processing between Jan 3 to Jan 9 . Don't know it is for CEC or PNP.

@dhananjaybhati - Called to IRCC they told it is in progress, is't normal?

MrMarvel

Apr 25, 2021
Hello folks, need advice on below scenario.

In case I get a PPR sometime later this year and land in Canada, will I be able to fly back to my home country in 2-3 months to get married? I've been hearing that we can’t leave Canada for at least a year, once we land.
You can land and travel back immediately, but there's a period of time you must spend per year to qualify for citizenship. So you cant be away from Canada for an extended period of 6 months I think a yeat

MrMarvel

Apr 25, 2021
AOR : Jan end 2021 with ONIP still nothing is changed in the website except medical. Totally weird.
In IRCC site they are showing that currently processing between Jan 3 to Jan 9 . Don't know it is for CEC or PNP.

@dhananjaybhati - Called to IRCC they told it is in progress, is't normal?
The timeline displayed on IRCC is for CEC

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Any feb 2021 FSW O who's eligibility is passed??

dhananjaybhati

Star Member
May 17, 2021
You can land and travel back immediately, but there's a period of time you must spend per year to qualify for citizenship. So you cant be away from Canada for an extended period of 6 months I think a yeat
So if I land end of this year, I can travel back to get married in March and bring my spouse to Canada with me?