+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
My husband has received two ghost updates within a week I have googled it and these updates still don’t make sense. Please help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My husband has received two ghost updates within a week I have googled it and these updates still don’t make sense. Please help
It doesn't mean much apart from the fact the file has moved or been 'touched' or handled,probably by someone new. At least it's moving or being opened, so at least something is happening with it.

It's likely just an artefact of some database process that revises/refreshes the status even if not much changes that you can see. Someone's working on it.

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
It doesn't mean much apart from the fact the file has moved or been 'touched' or handled,probably by someone new. At least it's moving or being opened, so at least something is happening with it.

It's likely just an artefact of some database process that revises/refreshes the status even if not much changes.
Oh okay thank you, it’s just confusing to say the least

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi,

We received a ghost update on last Friday, and the next day we received pre-arrival services letter. From previous posts, I understood that receiving pre-arrival could mean that eligibility check is passed (not entirely sure though).

Today, I saw another ghost update. Does anybody know what this could mean? Could it mean that there is some progress on background check?

• Love
Reactions: Preenamit and pgali

Preenamit

Sep 23, 2020
Hi,

We received a ghost update on last Friday, and the next day we received pre-arrival services letter. From previous posts, I understood that receiving pre-arrival could mean that eligibility check is passed (not entirely sure though).

Today, I saw another ghost update. Does anybody know what this could mean? Could it mean that there is some progress on background check?
Guess what? Again after reading your message I checked my gckey account just now and again I saw ghost update.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thanks for your reply

Do you have any experience when the letter (SA) saying "The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to the visa office in London for further processing." is this normal? I think they did not send yet cuz if they sent it should be "has been forwarded to the...etc"

appreciate if anyone can share their experience.
YES ONLY after this forwarding it may take that time

vvenancio

Dec 12, 2019
Yes but you should update your address to in Canada so that they know. Recently they've been dealing with such cases by having you send passport to Ottawa I think. Then they send you copr and I believe pr card directly.

You don't mention but how long have you been in Canada? Still well under the six months given at entry? You may have to look at extending your stay.
Over 6 months now, but I've applied for an extension before the 6 months period run out. Still waiting for the decision on my extension. My address is updated to my Canadian adress. Thank you!

Reactions: armoured

DSPCHANDRA

Jun 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
I don't understand the Ghost updates anyway....But after reading the messages in the group, I have checked my GCKey and we had the Biometrics was updated on October 19, 2020.
Just for information, we did the Biometrics for Visitor visa previously and we sent a couple of web forms to update our Biometrics. I think they are working actively now and they updated it today.
Some positive news

Reactions: febi

DSPCHANDRA

Jun 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
What's the main difference between ECAS and gckey ? Can u link your application to both?
ECAS is Electronic Client Application Status..It is a brief view of the application status which can be viewed by inputting the Application number, DOB, Applicant other details....

Whereas GCKey is Government of Canada Key which lets you securely access the Government of Canada's online services. It includes a username... It contains more detailed information and if you need to send any missing information, you can do it through this.. It is more detailed explanation. Also if you receive any Letters, you can download and see from here. .

Hope it helps

febi

Dec 20, 2019
canada
Category........
FAM
I don't understand the Ghost updates anyway....But after reading the messages in the group, I have checked my GCKey and we had the Biometrics was updated on October 19, 2020.
Just for information, we did the Biometrics for Visitor visa previously and we sent a couple of web forms to update our Biometrics. I think they are working actively now and they updated it today.
Some positive news
Same for me today . I checked GCKey to see what this ghost update scenario is and saw "Application status updated " and had biometrics updated as "Completed Oct 19,2020" . We also had prev biometrics done for visit visa , which I had notified via web forms to update . Had received response for webform last friday that it will be updated and it got updated today .
SA letter says received on Oct 14 says file will be moved to NDVO , not sure if moved yet or not .

Sukhsehj50

Mar 21, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
15-05-2010
AOR Received.
05-07-2010 Real in Process 18-01-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Submitted alongwith initial app.
File Transfer...
27-05-2010
Med's Request
25-01-2013 (bulk mail not received)
Med's Done....
5th June, 2013
Interview........
Probably waived with grace of Waheguru
Passport Req..
Passport & other documents sent on 5th June,2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 13th September, 2013 PPT received by my consultant on 19th September,2013
LANDED..........
10th November, 2013
As I always say it's a good news if file sent to Mississauga
Hi Guys,
I have certain questions in my mind, can someone please help me to understand:
1) Which PA files are sent to Mississauga or Ottawa ? In some cases it is sent where PA Living ?
2) What is pre-arrival letter?
3) In case PA has already done biometric while applying for visitor visa or any other visa. Will the PA need to inform IRCC about this or IRCC shall pick
the biometrics of the PA of its own level?
Thanks