+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Preenamit

Sep 23, 2020
Hi Guys,
I have certain questions in my mind, can someone please help me to understand:
1) Which PA files are sent to Mississauga or Ottawa ? In some cases it is sent where PA Living ?
2) What is pre-arrival letter?
3) In case PA has already done biometric while applying for visitor visa or any other visa. Will the PA need to inform IRCC about this or IRCC shall pick
the biometrics of the PA of its own level?
Thanks
Here are the answers.
1. As far as I know pretty straightforward and simple cases are forwarded to mississauga and ottawa whereas cases which require more detailed screening are sent to local visa offices.
2. To help you make an informed decision and better prepare for your life in Canada, there are many free pre-arrival services offered online or in-person in your home country.The pre-arrival services can help you:
  • Find a job in Canada
  • Learn about the free settlement services available after you arrive in Peel
  • Understand life in Canada, including laws, rights, and responsibilities
  • Learn about English/French language skills and other skills for adapting to Canadian society
  • Access labour market information and make connections
You can register for services from as many different service providers as you need, and at no charge.
So the pre arrival letter contains hyperlinks of these services.
3. I had my biometrics done in February already because I applied for another visa. I didn't inform ircc about the same. When I linked my application to gckey account last month, the biometrics details were already there. (I mean the top right corner where uci and applicant name is written)

Sukhsehj50

Mar 21, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
15-05-2010
AOR Received.
05-07-2010 Real in Process 18-01-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Submitted alongwith initial app.
File Transfer...
27-05-2010
Med's Request
25-01-2013 (bulk mail not received)
Med's Done....
5th June, 2013
Interview........
Probably waived with grace of Waheguru
Passport Req..
Passport & other documents sent on 5th June,2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 13th September, 2013 PPT received by my consultant on 19th September,2013
LANDED..........
10th November, 2013
Here are the answers.
1. As far as I know pretty straightforward and simple cases are forwarded to mississauga and ottawa whereas cases which require more detailed screening are sent to local visa offices.
2. To help you make an informed decision and better prepare for your life in Canada, there are many free pre-arrival services offered online or in-person in your home country.The pre-arrival services can help you:
  • Find a job in Canada
  • Learn about English/French language skills and other skills for adapting to Canadian society
You can register for services from as many different service providers as you need, and at no charge.
3. I had my biometrics done in February already because I applied for another visa. I didn't inform ircc about the same. When I linked my application to gckey account last month, the biometrics details were already there. (I mean the top right corner where uci and applicant name is written)
Hi

Lot of thanks for giving so prompt, detailed and exhaustive reply to my queries. This information may be helpful to many more members of this forum.
Again thanks & regards,

• Love
Reactions: Preenamit

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Here are the answers.
Helpful answer but perhaps some additional info of use:

1. Pre-covid it was roughly correct that 'easy files' were often sent to mississauga, other files sent to country offices. BUT: it wasn't / isn't 100% - at least as far as anyone outside IRCC could tell - some countries were always sent to country offices. Ottawa seems to be entirely new since covid (at least for outland). At any rate for most applicants not worth worrying about - it won't speed up a file to go to the so-called 'easy files' place if they decide later it's complicated. Some files do occasionally get sent from eg. Mississauga to field offices.

Right now may be very hard to guess what procedures are being followed and what it means, they are changing the wings while the airplane is in flight.

3. You may want to write a webform about the biometrics at some point, even if not right away. It seems standard that even pre-covid gckey would show biometrics not needed even when they were. good sign that they at least have it on file.

Yes, they should figure this out automatically, that they can use the existing biometrics under the recent announcement, but the system is new and it's not rare that there are gaps in implementing new systems. Won't hurt to communicate to them that biometrics are on file.

As far as I'm aware so far relatively few confirmed cases of ircc using the existing biometrics. Doesn't mean it's not happening but it's just quite new.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi Guys,
I have certain questions in my mind, can someone please help me to understand:
1) Which PA files are sent to Mississauga or Ottawa ? In some cases it is sent where PA Living ?
2) What is pre-arrival letter?
3) In case PA has already done biometric while applying for visitor visa or any other visa. Will the PA need to inform IRCC about this or IRCC shall pick
the biometrics of the PA of its own level?
Thanks
1st of all may remove your older data from profile and please fill in your own timeline, so we can help Tie line can also be easily written in your Signatures

DilanCayan

Oct 13, 2020
Hello Everyone, l hope we will hear good news in couple weeks or months

OUTLANE -Turkey

Send Application feb 21-2020
AOR Agu 25-2020
Biometric request Sep 14-2020
Biometric done Sep 18-2020
Medical request sep 18-2020
Medical done Sep 24-2020
Medical result has been received Oct 1-2020
OVS From Sydney to Ankara Turkey Oct 13-2020

what's is next?

LETS HOPE !!!!
Can't wait it's over Good luck all of you guys

Last edited:

DSPCHANDRA

Jun 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
Here are the answers.
  • Find a job in Canada
Building on this, I think it is better to send the Webform to update the Biometrics in your file. Yes, as she said it will get updated immediately on the right hand top corner. But they asked for our Biometrics again. So we sent in the webform to update our Biometrics with the visitor visa ones. They did it after 10 days.

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
My local MP office reached out to IRCC and received following information on our case:
- Oct 5 - confirmed the email on file and they sent an email
- Oct 16 they worked on the file
- Oct 17 they sent out a correspondence about prearrival services
- On Sept 18 they sent out the request for medicals and they are now approved and valid
- Security verifications are passed
- Criminality is still in progress ( biometrics letter sent on September 9, 2020 and they don't have the results yet)
- Eligibility checks for both sponsor and applicant are approved

Seems like the biometrics is the blocker for getting approval (PA is from India and VFS are closed).

Is there any chance that they would approve without biometrics?
I am worried that if they don't open biometrics centers soon, that our case would go cold (meaning that case officer moves to other cases and forgets about our case). Is that a possibility?
If the PA has biometrics on file already from previous travel then they will use that if not I think you have to wait I’m sorry if I’m not much help.

NK^2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
[QUOTE
My local MP office reached out to IRCC and received following information on our case:
- Oct 5 - confirmed the email on file and they sent an email
- Oct 16 they worked on the file
- Oct 17 they sent out a correspondence about prearrival services
- On Sept 18 they sent out the request for medicals and they are now approved and valid
- Security verifications are passed
- Criminality is still in progress ( biometrics letter sent on September 9, 2020 and they don't have the results yet)
- Eligibility checks for both sponsor and applicant are approved

Seems like the biometrics is the blocker for getting approval (PA is from India and VFS are closed).

Is there any chance that they would approve without biometrics?
I am worried that if they don't open biometrics centers soon, that our case would go cold (meaning that case officer moves to other cases and forgets about our case). Is that a possibility?
Seems like promising news! what is the PA’s country and which visa office is the app at if you don’t mind me asking?

saedabolus

Mar 10, 2020
I was about to send webform too since my PA did biometrics for VISA app before and they requested biometrics sep 23. But I checked biometric on GCKEY and it was updated automatically. So they will update them automatically eventually without a webform.

Building on this, I think it is better to send the Webform to update the Biometrics in your file. Yes, as she said it will get updated immediately on the right hand top corner. But they asked for our Biometrics again. So we sent in the webform to update our Biometrics with the visitor visa ones. They did it after 10 days.

Rapper123

Oct 6, 2020
Is there anyone whose file has been transferred to cpc ottawa on or before 22nd September and haven't recieved prearrival yet?

srinipunna

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi Guys.. Here's my timeline -

AOR1 March 11th
BIL - Sept 23rd
Medicals - Sept 28th, Medicals done on Oct 1st
ECAS Shows - Decision Made for Sponsor Approval since Sept 23rd. Spoke to IRCC and the agent said I have passed Sponsor eligibility but no email received.
My question is how long does it take to receive the SA letter?
How would I know if my family's medicals have been received or passed? - GC Key earlier used to say 'We need your medicals' and now it says 'We do not need your medicals".
Like most people I have been praying for the VFS to open, as Biometrics are still pending and not sure if they process anything without Biometrics on file... Do share your thoughts on this...

thank you!

KADER9297

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Hi guys

1. I just checked my account nd got the second update "App/profile updated" so I log-off then login nothing has changed and app changed to "submitted"
2. the first update was 17-Oct (Estimated remaining processing time was from month to Week(s))

Please does anyone know this update? :( What might this mean?