+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

febi

Dec 20, 2019
canada
Category........
FAM
Has anyone from feb24 seen any movement?
some applicants from that date have received biometrics and medical request as per the Excel . I am Feb 27 , last week bio , medical, SA done .You will get yours soon probably.

nonamemike

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
I
have an idea. As election going to be held in I think 2 ridings in Toronto. Why not we protest in that riding and make them aware that you will loose vote if immediate action is not taken to allow spouses.

Couple of protests can put pressure on them.

Alex_1

Feb 29, 2016
Hello All,

Anyone waiting for VFS to open in INDIA for biometrics?? I think our applications are stuck just because of delay in Biometrics. Hope they open VFS in India or take our biometrics when entering Canada!!!!

vinamra2402

Aug 1, 2020
Hie guys,
Yesterday i received a Pre Arrival letter on my gckey.
My file has been moved to CPC Ottawa for further processing on September 3rd.
Wanted to know what is the next step after this and how much time does it take to complete??

Reactions: canadan_

Banana28

Feb 24, 2020
Hello All,

Anyone waiting for VFS to open in INDIA for biometrics?? I think our applications are stuck just because of delay in Biometrics. Hope they open VFS in India or take our biometrics when entering Canada!!!!
You're not alone. VFS Manila is still not open for Biometrics, and that is the only step we are missing. Hoping for all VFS centres to open soon!

pgali

Jul 6, 2020
Application recd - 17th feb
Biometric done - 12th march
Medical passed -21st march
File moved to Ottawa - 3rd September
Pre arrival recd - 6th Oct
Thanks for the timeline. Did you get AOR 2 letter on your gc key ? or was it just updated on the ecas ?

Last edited:

Merlinnithin

Sep 10, 2020
Y
There was a news that government is speeding up spousal Sponsorship process.I am from India and in india VFS office are not open .Wandering how will the speed up process help if VFS office itself is not opened.
Yes... Its too stressful to us (Indians )

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
No i didnt got any email from ircc
It just got updated in gckey that our application is received and its in process.
Do you see this change in gckey?
We only see that in ECAS where it changed from 'Application received' to 'In Process' after the file got moved to Ottawa.

Last edited:
Reactions: pgali