+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Wondering whether to start being concerned; according to the tracker it seems like most people with a timeline similar to ours (app received Feb 11th, med & biometrics complete March 9th, SA received Feb) have been moved to a VO. Having a representative, I can’t be sure they have checked everywhere for comms but I’m reluctant to constantly press them for updates when they’re saying there aren’t any. To my knowledge it also means I can’t call or raise a web form.

Anyone else with a similar timeline in the same position? I’m also wondering (hoping?!), with the news from the 24th about officers working remotely, whether all apps will definitely need to be physically sent to another location if they’ve digitised them for remote working?

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi,

Could somebody help us understand what this status mean?
We received sponsor approval on Sep 9th (we didnt get email, but agent confirmed), now in ECAS I see that 'PR application status' changed from 'In Process' to 'Application received '.

Does that mean the file was moved from Sydney to some visa office? Please let us know if anyone else see same status.

Reactions: pgali

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Wondering whether to start being concerned; according to the tracker it seems like most people with a timeline similar to ours (app received Feb 11th, med & biometrics complete March 9th, SA received Feb) have been moved to a VO. Having a representative, I can’t be sure they have checked everywhere for comms but I’m reluctant to constantly press them for updates when they’re saying there aren’t any. To my knowledge it also means I can’t call or raise a web form.

Anyone else with a similar timeline in the same position? I’m also wondering (hoping?!), with the news from the 24th about officers working remotely, whether all apps will definitely need to be physically sent to another location if they’ve digitised them for remote working?
I am in the same boat! My application was recieved Feb 12th and the SA, Medical, Bio all was done before covid hit in March. We got an ADR in March 6th and I submitted the info a few days after. Since then no response from them or an update.

I started getting worried too because Im seeing other applications move to VOs. So we decided to raise a webform. and their response was the generic response everyone has been getting. They also confrirmed our application was still sitting in sydney office.

My wife is the PA and she is in Pakistan, so I am guessing our application is going to go to London, UK office. To be honest, I am not sure what or when I will hear a good news around AOR2....

Reactions: canadan_

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
I am in the same boat! My application was recieved Feb 12th and the SA, Medical, Bio all was done before covid hit in March. We got an ADR in March 6th and I submitted the info a few days after. Since then no response from them or an update.

I started getting worried too because Im seeing other applications move to VOs. So we decided to raise a webform. and their response was the generic response everyone has been getting. They also confrirmed our application was still sitting in sydney office.

My wife is the PA and she is in Pakistan, so I am guessing our application is going to go to London, UK office. To be honest, I am not sure what or when I will hear a good news around AOR2....
Yeah I’m the PA from the UK so ours would be either London or possibly Mississauga/Ottawa if we’re lucky.

Like I said, part of me is curious if all files will still need to be physically moved to another location or whether the new measures will introduce a slight alteration in how the process looks for some people, that’s what I’m hoping would explain the lack of an update anyway!

Reactions: umssyed

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Yeah I’m the PA from the UK so ours would be either London or possibly Mississauga/Ottawa if we’re lucky.

Like I said, part of me is curious if all files will still need to be physically moved to another location or whether the new measures will introduce a slight alteration in how the process looks for some people, that’s what I’m hoping would explain the lack of an update anyway!
Yes that could be the reason. Perhaps they are just waiting on setting up those electronic systems and as soon as they are ready to go they can just send the files to London or whereever electronically rather than physically. Perhaps that has been the wait the entire time. I guess we will know better by end of October?

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Yes that could be the reason. Perhaps they are just waiting on setting up those electronic systems and as soon as they are ready to go they can just send the files to London or whereever electronically rather than physically. Perhaps that has been the wait the entire time. I guess we will know better by end of October?
It’s purely speculation on my end but I’m just looking for reason whilst being fed up with no movement! Hopefully we will know better by then.

NK^2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020

Have essentially the same timeline as you. The recorded message on the phone has been we are doing eligibility and background for the last several months. Also using a rep. Typically I’ve been able to call in conference my wife and get some info from them. But last time the agent was very rude and just told me to have my lawyer call.

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Have essentially the same timeline as you. The recorded message on the phone has been we are doing eligibility and background for the last several months. Also using a rep. Typically I’ve been able to call in conference my wife and get some info from them. But last time the agent was very rude and just told me to have my lawyer call.
Ah yeah, ours is pretty identical! I think someone messed up the ‘moved to visa office’ section of the tracker but I assume you’re still waiting to hear about a transfer too?

I get the impression it’s not worth the time and effort to phone the call centre!

Reactions: Ksavier

NK^2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Ah yeah, ours is pretty identical! I think someone messed up the ‘moved to visa office’ section of the tracker but I assume you’re still waiting to hear about a transfer too?

I get the impression it’s not worth the time and effort to phone the call centre!
the last communication we got was move to Mississauga VO. After that diddly squat. It depends on the phone agent honestly. Some have been super helpful in the past.

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
It’s purely speculation on my end but I’m just looking for reason whilst being fed up with no movement! Hopefully we will know better by then.
Im just fed up with the lack of any information. Im okay with a delayed processing, but ATLEAST tell me where it is at and when we expect to see some movement such as transfer to VO. Update me on why theres a 8 months delay.... just need something to make me happy at this point... even if its a generic response :(

NK^2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Im just fed up with the lack of any information. Im okay with a delayed processing, but ATLEAST tell me where it is at and when we expect to see some movement such as transfer to VO. Update me on why theres a 8 months delay.... just need something to make me happy at this point... even if its a generic response :(
The generic responses are what are frustrating. Just tell me nothing is being worked on. I’ll be at peace.

bless this group though. At least due to this visibility we don’t feel like lone wolves in this mess.

Preenamit

Sep 23, 2020
Does that mean the file was moved from Sydney to some visa office? Please let us know if anyone else see same status.
Hi,

Could somebody help us understand what this status mean?
We received sponsor approval on Sep 9th (we didnt get email, but agent confirmed), now in ECAS I see that 'PR application status' changed from 'In Process' to 'Application received '.

Hi. Mine is also the same. We didn't get any mail confirming sponsor approval. And I got medical exam request. I have taken the exam. Now recently the tab under principal application says application received and earlier it was in process, which I assume is a good sign. That means my file has moved from nova scotia to another visa office for further processing.

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi. Mine is also the same. We didn't get any mail confirming sponsor approval. And I got medical exam request. I have taken the exam. Now recently the tab under principal application says application received and earlier it was in process, which I assume is a good sign. That means my file has moved from nova scotia to another visa office for further processing.
Great! Hope you get good news soon.

• Love
Reactions: Preenamit