+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Rav.d

Aug 22, 2019
Hi. I'm asking for a friend. One of friends spousal application returned due to incomplete after 4 months. Just wondering if she has to sign again as its over 90 days old? Also pictures are older than 6 months as of today. Does she need new pictures of spouse? Any information will be really helful. Thanks

Jessie01

Mar 29, 2020
Nice that means you'll be getting through soon. Ottawa seems to be the new Mississauga. In regards to speed. It's a good thing.
Thats what we think! It’s just a perception that Mississauga is faster but actually its slower than a turtle. My application was forwarded to CPC-M on 14th Feb but haven’t heard anything till the date. Have many of my friends who has approximately same timeline and still no movement from Mississauga. No offence to anyone but the only people hearing from Mississauga are the people from the US (either Sponsor or PA). As i said no offence to anyone its just what i have been noticing by following few threads Online.

Lets see how this 6000 Applications a month announcement helps us starting tomorrow. So Let’s hope for the best and Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: NK^2

febi

Dec 20, 2019
canada
Category........
FAM
Hi. I'm asking for a friend. One of friends spousal application returned due to incomplete after 4 months. Just wondering if she has to sign again as its over 90 days old? Also pictures are older than 6 months as of today. Does she need new pictures of spouse? Any information will be really helful. Thanks
Yes. For me I had to fill and sign again[ the forms are dated ] . When I called IRCC they asked me to sign again since it is over 90 days. Mine was submitted in September and returned in February. You could still call them once to verify if anything has changes now.

Reactions: Rav.d

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Hey when did she submit her application? Why was it returned? Yes just to be safe she should check if the forms have been since updated, sign again and for the pictures they must not be older than 6 months so she should redo them to be on the safe side.

Reactions: Rav.d

Rav.d

Aug 22, 2019
Yes. For me I had to fill and sign again[ the forms are dated ] . When I called IRCC they asked me to sign again since it is over 90 days. Mine was submitted in September and returned in February. You could still call them once to verify if anything has changes now.
Thanks for your reply. Its really helpful. Does she need to pay the fees again?

Rav.d

Aug 22, 2019
Hey when did she submit her application? Why was it returned? Yes just to be safe she should check if the forms have been since updated, sign again and for the pictures they must not be older than 6 months so she should redo them to be on the safe side.
I think it was missing a check mark on the class she was applying.

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Quick question, when you do your medical with a panel physician for IRCC do they automatically send the results to IRCC? My husband had his done by an approved physician in Vancouver and they said all they needed was his passport, no other identification. I thought he needed to provide photographs and a form from IRCC but they said no. Hoping it was all done correctly but not sure?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Thats what we think! It’s just a perception that Mississauga is faster but actually its slower than a turtle. My application was forwarded to CPC-M on 14th Feb but haven’t heard anything till the date. Have many of my friends who has approximately same timeline and still no movement from Mississauga. No offence to anyone but the only people hearing from Mississauga are the people from the US (either Sponsor or PA). As i said no offence to anyone its just what i have been noticing by following few threads Online.

Lets see how this 6000 Applications a month announcement helps us starting tomorrow. So Let’s hope for the best and Good luck to everyone!
My answer is Pre-Covid. Mississauga was the place to go for quick processing. Files never went to Ottawa until in more recent times. If it wasn't for covid 90% of the files sent there would have gotten through already. Sad to say.

Therefore I'm still correct in my original statement that Ottawa Seems to be the new Mississauga in terms of straight forward processing. Check the charts.

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Folks,

Looks like someone screwed up 'Moved to Visa Office' column of Feb sheet by sorting it. How do we restore to previous version?

• Angry
Reactions: NK^2

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
My answer is Pre-Covid. Mississauga was the place to go for quick processing. Files never went to Ottawa until in more recent times. If it wasn't for covid 90% of the files sent there would have gotten through already. Sad to say.

Therefore I'm still correct in my original statement that Ottawa Seems to be the new Mississauga in terms of straight forward processing. Check the charts.
Have to agree. Pre-COVID, Mississauga was by far considered the fastest office and it was the place you wanted your file to remain for a quicker processing time, but after the GTA was hit so hard by COVID it came to a grinding halt.

It looks like Ottawa is picking up some of the backlog now from Mississauga, which will hopefully help speed up the applications that are due to remain in Canada for processing.

• Love
Reactions: rrss13 and DiiDii

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Folks,

Looks like someone screwed up 'Moved to Visa Office' column of Feb sheet by sorting it. How do we restore to previous version?
I used to maintain the spreadsheet however I believe the only person who could fix it is the person who made the change. Ive tried to lock fields but if I do then I don't think people can add to certain lines. I'll see what I can do.

Reactions: Preenamit and NK^2