+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
Congratulations.

Did you ever receive AOR2 or any notification that your file moved to a VO?
I did not get any AOR 2, however, when the sponsor got the Sponsorship approval, it was indicated there that our application will be moved to Manila VO.

Elliotm1

Jan 30, 2020
Application received Feb 13th 2020.

Still no AoR1...

Was told they started reviewing my file on Feb 17th, 2020. It must say it's in process in their system because every time I reach out to IRCC they just say it's still going through completion checks and that there is nothing I can do but continue to wait. They always say "your application will be processed in the order in which it was received"... yeah right... MP office has contacted IRCC three times on my behalf but they are unable to get any further then I am. Considering contacting a lawyer but feeling like they probably won't be able to help either. Do I just bite the bullet and withdraw my application and apply again? Ugh..

And to top it all off I keep getting emails asking me to fill out a survey based on my experience immigrating to Canada because a decision was recently made on an application of mine. when I mentioned that to an agent on the phone he to me to just ignore the emails since they're obviously a mistake. lol

rosamor228

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021

Still no AoR1...

Was told they started reviewing my file on Feb 17th, 2020. It must say it's in process in their system because every time I reach out to IRCC they just say it's still going through completion checks and that there is nothing I can do but continue to wait. They always say "your application will be processed in the order in which it was received"... yeah right... MP office has contacted IRCC three times on my behalf but they are unable to get any further then I am. Considering contacting a lawyer but feeling like they probably won't be able to help either. Do I just bite the bullet and withdraw my application and apply again? Ugh..

And to top it all off I keep getting emails asking me to fill out a survey based on my experience immigrating to Canada because a decision was recently made on an application of mine. when I mentioned that to an agent on the phone he to me to just ignore the emails since they're obviously a mistake. lol
We have same time line. Still not hearing to anyone. MP or lawyer can't do anything to shorten processing time. Lawyer only help you to ease your burden because they are the one contacting visa office for follow up.

Inryvr

Star Member
Jun 17, 2020

Still no AoR1...

Wow that's horrible. I am really sorry that you have to go through this but please stay strong.
IRCC has fucked up this whole situation and it didn't have to be this way.

Empsam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hello everyone.
Some advice will be appreciated.
It has passed our 12months already, we are February applicant, already completed everything (medicals, bio), still waiting on Passport request.
My husband and step daughter country is currently given evacuation order because the volcano is about to explode. I am beyond scared, worried and frustrated. CIC not given us any updates. I do not know what to do. Please, who can I contact? I contacted CIC but they said it is just have to wait for an update. I have been contacting them every week...up until this morning. Now everyone is evacuating the country, mu husband and daughter lives in the red zone of the volcano. There is 90% the volcano will destroy the country. They do not have enough ships to evacuate everyone, and plus covid situation.
Please help, please what can I do? I live in Toronto.

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Hello everyone.
It has passed our 12months already, we are February applicant, already completed everything (medicals, bio), still waiting on Passport request.
My husband and step daughter country is currently given evacuation order because the volcano is about to explode. I am beyond scared, worried and frustrated. CIC not given us any updates. I do not know what to do. Please, who can I contact? I contacted CIC but they said it is just have to wait for an update. I have been contacting them every week...up until this morning. Now everyone is evacuating the country, mu husband and daughter lives in the red zone of the volcano. There is 90% the volcano will destroy the country. They do not have enough ships to evacuate everyone, and plus covid situation.
contact your local MP to see if they can help.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hello everyone.
Is your family from St Vincent?

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
Congrats!
I’m December 2019 applicant with Manila office and only received pre arrival letter in February 2021
although VO was in Manila, Beijing VO was handling our app on the first part when it got moved. According to Beijing they were providing administrative support since most VO's were not operating fully and has less man power due to the pandemic.

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
although VO was in Manila, Beijing VO was handling our app on the first part when it got moved. According to Beijing they were providing administrative support since most VO's were not operating fully and has less man power due to the pandemic.
It means Beijing VO itself doesn't issue DM?
I confirmed IRCC and it says my file is in Beijing VO and also 'We started processing your app on 19th March' line appeared on my ECAS status. But nothing happens after that.

KarPet

Apr 13, 2020
It means Beijing VO itself doesn't issue DM?
I confirmed IRCC and it says my file is in Beijing VO and also 'We started processing your app on 19th March' line appeared on my ECAS status. But nothing happens after that.
In my case, NO. Since initially, my app is bound for Manila VO, but because of the pandemic, Beijing VO was helping other VO's to lighten their load. And perhaps when Beijing VO was done with the processing, they forwarded it to Manila VO and they emailed me for PPR.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In my case, NO. Since initially, my app is bound for Manila VO, but because of the pandemic, Beijing VO was helping other VO's to lighten their load. And perhaps when Beijing VO was done with the processing, they forwarded it to Manila VO and they emailed me for PPR.
It doesn't matter much which office 'issues' the DM or passport request.