February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
I am in same situation as you.
PA is from India.
Feb 13th applicant.
Bio & Med done in March.
File Moved to Ottawa on September 3rd.
Received Pre-arrival letter on October 6th. Just waiting for final decision.
Even my file is at Ottawa and we got pre-arrival on Oct 21st. But I don't think we will get DM anytime soon because PA still has pending biometrics due to closed VACs :(.

Reactions: adyc

vvenancio

Dec 12, 2019
Hello, I landed virtually on the 27th of October and still didn't received my COPR even tho I have the information about my COPR number and expiration date. I must receive a letter with my COPR so I can ask for SIN and OHIP right?

Reactions: adyc

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
In this case it was actually a mistake. I gave them a call and she checked the application and somebody at the visa office had inputted her country of residence as Columbia and not Cambodia. Luckily it hadn’t been sent away yet she she flagged it to be fixed.
Good that you followed up on it..............yes both countries start with a C. No wonder they got confused. ;)

srinipunna

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hey guys.. PA is from India. Medicals done and waiting for VFS to open for Biometrics submission. I received the SA letter to my address a week ago.. I keep seeing Pre-arrival letter and DM in the thread.. could someone please let me know what these two are and who'd get them ideally and what do they mean for the application status? Thank you!

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Be positive...Hopefully they will find a way to take biometrics soon...
Yes, hopefully they will come up with a way to get around issue soon.
Trying to stay positive every month but as they keep extending the closures of VACs its very difficult to stay positive.

Last edited:

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Hey guys.. PA is from India. Medicals done and waiting for VFS to open for Biometrics submission. I received the SA letter to my address a week ago.. I keep seeing Pre-arrival letter and DM in the thread.. could someone please let me know what these two are and who'd get them ideally and what do they mean for the application status? Thank you!
Pre-arrival is sent to the PA on GC Key and basically its an invitation to join services available to new comers to settle down in Canada. DM is decision made, this is updated on ECAS once decision has been made for the PA.
Usually getting pre-arrival is a good sign as it indicates the application has been reviewed and DM should be issued soon after. But again not every gets pre-arrival I think, some people gets DM before getting pre-arrival.

Saying based on my knowledge and what I learned from this forum when we got our pre-arrival letter.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

jyy

Nov 6, 2020
Please help.What should I fill as visa validity date in country of residence ?I am on implied status right now.

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Can anyone from the US help me? My husband (American) received DM and pre-arrival almost 2 weeks ago and nothing since. Since it is a visa exempt country, do they just mail him the COPR document to land with, as we submitted photocopies of his passport and photos with the initial application? Or do we still get PPR? I’m confused becuase it has been a long time since DM to have not received PPR yet according to the spreadsheet. Thank you!

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Please help.What should I fill as visa validity date in country of residence ?I am on implied status right now.
The day your whatever expired, visa, work permit, 6 month US visit etc. :)

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
No idea why they aren’t giving DM or PPR when so many of us with pre arrival..all a waiting game!
Based on the information I see in the trackers, majority of the applicants are from India. May be they are trying to come up with a plan to reduce the risk of covid spread when they start admitting Indians (Just a guess). Hoping to see some DMs or PPRs in next couple of weeks.