Oct 10, 2018
Good morning everyone

I am a Feb 11 2020 Common law sponsor. Here is my Timeline:

Received Feb 11 2020
Aor August 24
Biometrics October 25
Medical November 25 - passed
Sponsor approved December 12
Received a request to send a copy of all pages of his passports - were sent Jan 15th the last 2 copys of his passport.

He has been here illegally since 2009

Yesterday we received a letter and i am not sure what this step is.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibilty requirements to apply for permanent resident.

i know they are behind on the webforms hopefully once they receive the passports they can complete the file.

What step would that letter be? As i follow thru all the notes in the forums i have not seen the Principal Applicant receive this type of letter.

Just a bit confused...hopefully all will be done soon.

Thank you

Mora1234

Dec 10, 2020
Today Ecas is showing application received but just in PR side before it was in process, I got SA on January 21st.
Is this normal?

Last edited:

Eeeyore95

Oct 10, 2018
We have just received the request to pay the right of Permanent Residents fee. We have just submitted the fee.

My question is does this mean it is almost 100% we have Permanent Resident?

Thank you

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Good morning everyone

I am a Feb 11 2020 Common law sponsor. Here is my Timeline:

Received Feb 11 2020
Aor August 24
Biometrics October 25
Medical November 25 - passed
Sponsor approved December 12
Received a request to send a copy of all pages of his passports - were sent Jan 15th the last 2 copys of his passport.

He has been here illegally since 2009

Yesterday we received a letter and i am not sure what this step is.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibilty requirements to apply for permanent resident.

i know they are behind on the webforms hopefully once they receive the passports they can complete the file.

What step would that letter be? As i follow thru all the notes in the forums i have not seen the Principal Applicant receive this type of letter.

Just a bit confused...hopefully all will be done soon.

Thank you
The letter received would be AIP - approval in principal. Yes, you are close to the end. Reply to their request for the fee as soon as possible to avoid delays.

baggins100

Dec 18, 2020
Hi!

I received AIP and SA yesterday. In GCkey I received a message "invitation to pre-arrival services" but I am already in Canada. Does anyone know what it is?

Also in AIP it says "Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks "

I still see background check is going on. Is this always the case?

Last edited:

Hiboyoung

Sep 22, 2020
Hi!

I received AIP and SA yesterday. In GCkey I received a message "invitation to pre-arrival services" but I am already in Canada. Does anyone know what it is?

Also in AIP it says "Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks "

I still see background check is going on. Is this always the case?
Hi!
Did you get AIP and SA at the same time?
i received only SA. My husband got an email about SA.
Did you get an email about AIP as well?

baggins100

Dec 18, 2020
Hi!
Did you get AIP and SA at the same time?
i received only SA. My husband got an email about SA.
Did you get an email about AIP as well?
The date on both documents is the same, 16th.

Yesterday our lawyer sent SA. Today I received AIP in gckey account.

Nadik

Nov 19, 2019
Hi!
My husband and I received AIP and SA right this moment.
I am wondering what is the next step?
in my gckey it still says they are processing my background check.

Reactions: Mora1234

Altapnp

May 15, 2018
The date on both documents is the same, 16th.

Yesterday our lawyer sent SA. Today I received AIP in gckey account.
If you have representative (lawyer) how did you link your application in gckey ? Can you please tell me even I want to get more detailed information which I can’t with online tool. TIA

Zooey

Oct 17, 2020
Hi! I have couple questions and hope somebody can give me some answers!
My friend applied for spousal sponsorship. She sent her application in July 2019 (paper) and her application was received and opened February 2020.
Her partner was approved for sponsorship 6 months after but since then they didn't get any news.
What are the next stage, medical and biometric? She needs to wait for the call or?
Thank you