+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

drfedora

Oct 23, 2020
If it is required, you will be contacted by your local immigration office.
the gckey site says “You don’t need an interview. We will contact you if we need more information “. Is this a generic message or does it mean I don’t need interview? What do they talk about during the interview?

drfedora

Oct 23, 2020
It stays like that until they determine whether or not u need an interview and sometimes is just basic questions like if u are in Canada, your height, eye colour, if your spouse or partner lives with you, if u still in the same address etc...based on what I have seen, if u receive AIP and SA then u might not get an interview but if u do it will just be those basic questions I mentioned...but if someone gets only SA and case sent to local office for further assessment then expect a relationship interview which is tougher.
thank you so much. Much appreciated.
Do you know how long after the aip they contact me? In my letter they say IRCC will contact me to finalize my application. Screenshot is available in my original post

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
thank you so much. Much appreciated.
Do you know how long after the aip they contact me? In my letter they say IRCC will contact me to finalize my application. Screenshot is available in my original post
It has been sent to your local immigration office and they will contact u regardless of an interview or not as they are the ones meant to send u CoPR.

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
My lawyer is so dumb!! I asked him if there are any updates and he told me to IRCC directly. Is there a way for me to link my application to GcKey?
Your representative typically links the application to their account. I’m not sure if you can link it to your own account but you can try. If you link it to your account, it will be automatically unlinked from your rep’s account and they won’t be able to get any more updates on your application except if they call IRCC to ask for updates.

You can use Sign in partner or GcKey to link. You’ll need to create an account for GcKey. For Sign in partner, you can just use your bank/financial institution info to sign in. After creating your account/signing in, You’ll need your application number, UCI and other personal info to link the application. Here’s the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
My lawyer is so dumb!! I asked him if there are any updates and he told me to IRCC directly. Is there a way for me to link my application to GcKey?
You can definitely link it yourself to the PA’s Gckey account but first you will need to cancel the representative.

the link below explains more

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/change-cancel.html

But basically, when u try linking the app to your gckey account, you will find a form that u can download, fill and scan and submit to cancel the representative then u should be able to once they cancel the rep.

dreamy2010

Jun 17, 2020
Hello

Does anyone know when does this changes? And what happens after?

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
I applied on Feb 3rd, medical received Dec 2nd and no news since then. No AIP or SA. It's been saying we're doing your background check for like 2 months.
Same with me, mine will hit one year in a few days and still haven't received any updates after medical :(

Reactions: baggins100

dreamy2010

Jun 17, 2020
I have finally got DM on both SA and PRA on Ecas check. But nothing shows on Gckey account. Any one can help whats next ?
Great! When did you receive it in ECAS? I remember you said that you filled a webform. Did you receive any reply from them meanwhile?

Mora1234

Dec 10, 2020
anyone know if they’re doing relationship interviews at the moment? Because I think I will be getting one.