+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

julie-montreal

Jun 26, 2020
I typed this information, and then it finally said today that there is an application online:

----

UCI and Family Name

Category: Temporary Residence
Sub-category: Work permit and extension

Passport information

What type of work permit are you applying for?: Open (initial application or extension)

Current country of residence: Canada
Current marital status: Married
Which situation applies to the applicant? "Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada"

---
Hi everybody!
Has anybody not been able to link their OWP application using this method? I've tried several times but nothing is working. They received my sponsorship application on February 5th, and I'm starting to be worried, seeing other people being able to link / see their OWP application. I got the AOR August 6th and was able to link the PR application though.

Reactions: TCMY

TCMY

Aug 20, 2020
Hi everybody!
Has anybody not been able to link their OWP application using this method? I've tried several times but nothing is working. They received my sponsorship application on February 5th, and I'm starting to be worried, seeing other people being able to link / see their OWP application. I got the AOR August 6th and was able to link the PR application though.

Hi there!
I have tried the method above but in vain... However, I succeed to link up my OWP application following the above steps except for the application details part which I picked other options. So what I did was:

---------
What program did you apply for?
  • Category: Temporary Residence
  • Sub-category: Work permit and extension
Application details
  • Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth
Applicant's personal information
  • Passport
Details of intended work in Canada
What type of work permit are you applying for? Open (initial application or extension)​

Information about the applicant's work in Canada

Current country of residence: Canada
Current marital status: Married
Which situation applies to the applicant? "Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada"​
--------------

So that's how my application linked just now.

FYI my timeline:
Application sent by courier: Feb 24
Application received at CPC Mississauga: Feb 25
AOR: none
Reminder - Biometric Fee (via Email): June 17

Since I have never received AOR so I won't have UCI to link up my app. My application was actually received at CPC Mississauga on Feb 25.
However, the OWP application information online shows my application was received on Feb 18 which is weirdo_O..... Anyway, I am glad to find at least I got my OWP linked on account + the OWP generated a UCI even though there are no messages or any status shown. At least I am now sure they have received my application with minimum process. Hope we will all get our AOR soon.

julie-montreal

Jun 26, 2020
Hi there!
I have tried the method above but in vain... However, I succeed to link up my OWP application following the above steps except for the application details part which I picked other options. So what I did was:

---------
What program did you apply for?
  • Category: Temporary Residence
  • Sub-category: Work permit and extension
Application details
  • Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth
Applicant's personal information
  • Passport
Details of intended work in Canada
What type of work permit are you applying for? Open (initial application or extension)​

Information about the applicant's work in Canada
Current country of residence: Canada​
Current marital status: Married​
Which situation applies to the applicant? "Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada"​
--------------

So that's how my application linked just now.

FYI my timeline:
Application sent by courier: Feb 24
Application received at CPC Mississauga: Feb 25
AOR: none
Reminder - Biometric Fee (via Email): June 17

Since I have never received AOR so I won't have UCI to link up my app. My application was actually received at CPC Mississauga on Feb 25.
However, the OWP application information online shows my application was received on Feb 18 which is weirdo_O..... Anyway, I am glad to find at least I got my OWP linked on account + the OWP generated a UCI even though there are no messages or any status shown. At least I am now sure they have received my application with minimum process. Hope we will all get our AOR soon.
Hi! Thanks for your response! Unfortunately, it didn't work for me so I think I will try to call them to have better info on the matter. I have an AOR for my sponsorship application so they should have it since I sent my OWP application with it. But it's just so frustrating not knowing if I should worry about applying for a work visa through another channel or not, in case it doesn't work out.

julie-montreal

Jun 26, 2020
Hi everybody,

An update: I managed to call IRCC for my OWP. She said that they don't send AOR for OWP so it's normal to not hear from them. She said they can see that they received it and it's in the system. She was able to give me the Application Number for my OWP so if some of you don't have that, you may be able to get it by calling.

She said that OWP applications are technically impossible to check online but that I could try to link it to my account to see if it worked (she didn't say if it was supposed to work). Well, it doesn't work for now but I'm hopeful that soon it will.
Not much here but at least they have my file and it's possible to get an application number for OWP!

Reactions: TCMY

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
I honestly don’t know what “implied status” is. I have never really heard of it except on this forum.

I believe you can apply for an open work permit online AFTER you send in your spousal sponsorship application. However, I think you should probably send both the sponsorship and OWP application together. It’s all up to you though. For the open work permit, you only need to fill out one form. You also need to fill out the document checklist as well and include it in your application package.

Just read the COMPLETE GUIDE for spouse sponsorship. There is information about the OWP on there. It also gives you a link to the form you need to fill out.

As for the Visitor visa extension, it all really depends on your situation. You need to send in the sponsorship and OWP applications before the status of the principal applicant expires. Make sure you don’t make any mistakes on the applications so that they don’t get sent back. If any of the applications gets sent back and you are out of status during that time, you might have a problem.

If the Visitor visa is almost expired, maybe just apply for the extension. You don’t really need to if you’re sending in a sponsorship and OWP application before it expires. However, if you want to be completely safe, you can go ahead and apply for the extension.
as long as you send in owp application before status expiry you go on implied status

Hans_Cath

Dec 4, 2017
Has anyone from the end of February had any information or indication of AOR or OWP?

My application was received on February 28 and I was sent the Biometrics Fee Reminder email on August 4, other than that I have had nothing else. I have tried linking through ECAS and GCKEY with all the information I have and nothing is working.

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Has anyone from the end of February had any information or indication of AOR or OWP?

My application was received on February 28 and I was sent the Biometrics Fee Reminder email on August 4, other than that I have had nothing else. I have tried linking through ECAS and GCKEY with all the information I have and nothing is working.
My application was sent on 22nd of Feb recieved 24th Feb. Application was returned on 1st April due to missing handwritten signature and RCMP. Application sent back on 8th April received 14th April (due to Easter holidays) ( and a day before OWP expiry) haven’t heard since then. Tried contacting IRCC they said it’s in the system but will take time as they are processing applications before that date or month. Been waiting that’s all.

Hans_Cath

Dec 4, 2017
My application was sent on 22nd of Feb recieved 24th Feb. Application was returned on 1st April due to missing handwritten signature and RCMP. Application sent back on 8th April received 14th April (due to Easter holidays) ( and a day before OWP expiry) haven’t heard since then. Tried contacting IRCC they said it’s in the system but will take time as they are processing applications before that date or month. Been waiting that’s all.
I just feel like my anxiety is getting the better of me, especially seeing people from earlier in February starting to get movement on their files.

Reactions: edenfair

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
I just feel like my anxiety is getting the better of me, especially seeing people from earlier in February starting to get movement on their files.
I understand that feeling. Eventually sooner or later they will have to process it. I mean families wanna reunite and stay that way, not apart. Just with a ray of hope living each day.

Reactions: edenfair

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
We just got an email requesting us to send the forms for CSQ,. We are finally seeing some light. We will send them probably by Wednesday. However we still not have any updates on the OWP.

Inland Spousal Sponsorship+OWP Quebec
Sponsor Canadian PA Mexican
Married in Mexico 26 July 2019
Arived to Canada 28 December 2019 on Tourist Visa
Visitor Record Extension
Applied March 2020
Approved June 2020

Sponsorship Application
App Sent 4th February 2020
App Received 6th February 2020
AoR 13th August 2020
CSQ request: 31 August 2020

Reactions: julie-montreal

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
I just got a biometrics reminder Email today with an application number on top. I’m guessing that is not the actual application number. There’s some hope that AOR should follow up soon.

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Also I Have already paid for the biometrics in the beginning itself. It’s just a reminder that I need to disregard right?

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Also I Have already paid for the biometrics in the beginning itself. It’s just a reminder that I need to disregard right?
Correct. If you're sure you already paid it you ignore the message (except to take it as positive movement on your application). Got my Bio reminder email this morning as well - March 12th applicant.