+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nothing about any decision made on my end. Just Citizenship Ceremony 'not completed' is the only thing left. That said, I haven't been asked for an interview yet either. Hopefully not, lets see
If all other statuses (including Prohibition, Language and Physical Presence) are set to "Completed", it is very unlikely that you'll receive an interview at this point.

Tanchik

Jun 4, 2017
Hi guys,
I am February 2020 applicant and recently I received test invitation
Today I tried to do online test and was experiencing technical issues with connecting webcam
I was taking pics of id and myself, webcam seemed to be working before taking the test
Once I started the test, the window popped up saying that it couldn’t be connected to my webcam. I tried to sign in again and again, timing was counting. As a result, I couldn’t complete the test and I already emailed them.
Did anyone experience the same and what did you do?
Thanks!

• Sad
Reactions: harirajmohan

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys,
I am February 2020 applicant and recently I received test invitation
Today I tried to do online test and was experiencing technical issues with connecting webcam
I was taking pics of id and myself, webcam seemed to be working before taking the test
Once I started the test, the window popped up saying that it couldn’t be connected to my webcam. I tried to sign in again and again, timing was counting. As a result, I couldn’t complete the test and I already emailed them.
Did anyone experience the same and what did you do?
Thanks!
If there's already an application using the webcam, the test application won't be able to access it AFAIK. For example, if your computer's "Camera" application was open when you tried taking the test, then the test application wouldn't have been able to connect to your camera.

Also, which camera were you using? Was it an in-built webcam or a USB webcam? I have read posts from people that claimed the test application defaults to the in-built webcam even if you have another USB camera connected.

If the camera was not on during the test, it is very likely that your test results would be invalid. Did you get a message after the test? Did you submit the test results or were the results submitted automatically by the test application because you ran out of time?

In all likelihood, you will be asked to take the test again.

Tanchik

Jun 4, 2017
If there's already an application using the webcam, the test application won't be able to access it AFAIK. For example, if your computer's "Camera" application was open when you tried taking the test, then the test application wouldn't have been able to connect to your camera.

Also, which camera were you using? Was it an in-built webcam or a USB webcam? I have read posts from people that claimed the test application defaults to the in-built webcam even if you have another USB camera connected.

If the camera was not on during the test, it is very likely that your test results would be invalid. Did you get a message after the test? Did you submit the test results or were the results submitted automatically by the test application because you ran out of time?

In all likelihood, you will be asked to take the test again.

Tanchik

Jun 4, 2017
thanks for your response!
it is an built web cam in laptop, I didn’t get any message after it. Should I get the message from them?
When I tried to log in and the message popped up saying it couldn’t connect to my webcam and I kicked out of the test, that’s why I needed to sign in again and again. I couldn’t even do anything. Time ran out and I didn’t do the test (

Tanchik

Jun 4, 2017
it is an built web cam in laptop, I didn’t get any message after it. Should I get the message from them?
When I tried to log in and the message popped up saying it couldn’t connect to my webcam and I kicked out of the test, that’s why I needed to sign in again and again. I couldn’t even do anything. Time ran out and I didn’t do the test (

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
When you say "time ran out" what exactly do you mean? Did you start the test and were you able to see the first question and the 30 minute timer on the screen?

Tanchik

Jun 4, 2017
When you say "time ran out" what exactly do you mean? Did you start the test and were you able to see the first question and the 30 minute timer on the screen?
Yes, I started the test, I didn’t even see the first question at all as I was kicked out of the test with popping up message saying that they can’t connect to the webcam. I signed in again and again and I did see the timer was on.

max_0300

Apr 27, 2011
Hello Everyone, Just wondering if anyone here recently went through the interview with the officer after passing the citizenship test ?. I received an invite to attend the citizenship interview with the officer and in the PDF attachment they provided a URL for Microsoft teams but when I client on the URL it gives me an option to either use the browser or the application installed on the laptop for teams. However, regardless of which option I select i.e. application or web it does not allow an option to join the meeting. Just wondering if anyone faced this issue ? or is it because I am trying to join the meeting significantly earlier then the scheduled date/time. I want to ensure that everything is functional on my end to avoid any last moment hick ups.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yes, I started the test, I didn’t even see the first question at all as I was kicked out of the test with popping up message saying that they can’t connect to the webcam. I signed in again and again and I did see the timer was on.
Okay yeah so this test will be invalid. Since you've already contacted them, they'll get back to you with the next steps. It'll most likely be a second test invite at a later point in time.

Good luck and all the best! Try it on a different computer next time, you don't want your computer to act up again and ruin the test.

Tanchik

Jun 4, 2017
Okay yeah so this test will be invalid. Since you've already contacted them, they'll get back to you with the next steps. It'll most likely be a second test invite at a later point in time.

Good luck and all the best! Try it on a different computer next time, you don't want your computer to act up again and ruin the test.
Thanks! How long does it take for them to reply? I have hp laptop, I may try to use other computers/laptops like Mac? Would you suggest?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks! How long does it take for them to reply? I have hp laptop, I may try to use other computers/laptops like Mac? Would you suggest?
Not sure. It should have worked with yours, I don't know why it didn't. Are you sure other applications / browser tabs that were using the camera were closed?