+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Skey

Aug 3, 2021
Hi,

Can anyone confirm, is it possible for an Outland FSW candidate to move to another country while his PR application is still in process? My date of AOR is 1st March of 2020, but no update yet. I am planning on moving to UAE on a Work Permit Sponsorship. I have been waiting for 2 years on false hope and now want to start a fresh chapter in my life.

@legalfalcon any thoughts?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,

Can anyone confirm, is it possible for an Outland FSW candidate to move to another country while his PR application is still in process? My date of AOR is 1st March of 2020, but no update yet. I am planning on moving to UAE on a Work Permit Sponsorship. I have been waiting for 2 years on false hope and now want to start a fresh chapter in my life.

@legalfalcon any thoughts?
It does not matter which country you move to while your application is in progress and it has no bearing on your existing application.

However, after you move to a new country of residence, make sure that your inform IRCC of the new address.

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hi everyone,
I got my remedical request last week and got my medicals done today. I just want to find out how long it is taking on average for the medicals to get uploaded into the accounts. Whoever got their medicals done, please reply so that I get a fair idea of the current situation.
Also, any timelines about how soon after the medicals are people getting pprs? Or are we stick in limbo again?
Here are my remedical details

Remedical request : 8th September 2021
Remedical Completed : 17th September 2021
Remedical Passed : 24th September 2021

Still haven't heard anything. Will let everyone know if I do.

Souskhaj

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Finally received PPR today. It's been a looong wait. My application was approved since Dec 2020 and it was sitting in the RFV group. My medical was extended once for 1 year and I was not asked for a remedical. So, not sure how much time I have to move to Canada (probably till Dec).

hotshoto

Feb 20, 2021
Finally received PPR today. It's been a looong wait. My application was approved since Dec 2020 and it was sitting in the RFV group. My medical was extended once for 1 year and I was not asked for a remedical. So, not sure how much time I have to move to Canada (probably till Dec).
Congrats!! Do you know which RFV group and VO you were in?

Really good to see someone from Feb getting PPR! All the best!

Reactions: Souskhaj

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hey. Can you share your Country of Residence? Also the stream in which you were in. Hearty Congratulations!

EmmaT

Sep 12, 2020
Congratulations! It's good to see some movement from VO Ottawa finally! Everyone else, keep hope alive, we will all hear good news soon!

Reactions: Caprio and ambee

hotshoto

Feb 20, 2021
Hey peeps, really sorry since I know this has definitely been asked on the forum but there are so many differing posts.

Once someone (Outland) gets the PPR email, what are the actual next steps from an outside of Canada perspective? A lot of threads talk about the new confirmation portal, etc. But what follows the initial golden email and when are you actually considered a permanent resident?

Sorry again if it has been asked, if you could even just link to the right thread that would be fantastic.

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hey peeps, really sorry since I know this has definitely been asked on the forum but there are so many differing posts.

Once someone (Outland) gets the PPR email, what are the actual next steps from an outside of Canada perspective? A lot of threads talk about the new confirmation portal, etc. But what follows the initial golden email and when are you actually considered a permanent resident?

Sorry again if it has been asked, if you could even just link to the right thread that would be fantastic.
The portal email is only for inland applicants,

Once you get a PPR as an outland, you need to submit your passport and PPR letter to the VAC in your country. They will issue you a one time entry visa and a COPR letter. Make sure to check the validity on it and prepare for a landing process before the expiry of your COPR document.

Once you land at a Port of Entry they will complete the formalities and then you will be a lawful permanent resident of Canada. All you have to do next is to wait for your Permanent Resident card which will be mailed to the address that you provide during the landing process.

Last edited:

hotshoto

Feb 20, 2021
The portal email is only for inland applicants,

Once you get a PPR as an outland, you need to submit your passport and PPR letter to the VAC in your country. They will issue you a one time entry visa and a COPR letter. Make sure to check the validity on it and prepare for a landing process before the expiry.

Once you land at a Port of Entry they will complete the formalities and then you will be a lawful permanent resident of Canada. All you have to do next is to wait your Permanent Resident card which will mailed to the address that you provide during the landing process.
That makes a lot of sense, thank you.

Also, what about countries that don't require a Counterfoil? Would they still submit the passport?

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
That makes a lot of sense, thank you.

Also, what about countries that don't require a Counterfoil? Would they still submit the passport?
As per the instructions on the letter that I received it did mention that a photocopy of passport will be required if the applicant is from a visa exempt country.

Reactions: hotshoto