+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

DentOrtho

Oct 15, 2020
Sir, how did you apply for GCMS notes from India? Can you please clarify. Appreciate your help!
Applied through GETGCMS.
Go through its website.Everything is nicely explained to apply for GCMS.
Actually one of my cousins has applied on behalf of me so I don't know the exact steps to follow.
Mine took 45 days from date of application.

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hi @kavish.shaikh1 - congrats! Could you share how long after you have submitted the photos and addresses in the portal did they send you the eCoPR? Were you able to download it in the portal? Thanks!
Thank you. I received it 5 days later. And yes I was able to download it in the portal itself.

The address and photo however both were still in review even after I received the COPR.

Address got approved 2 days after I received my COPR. Photo is still in review. However, when I asked them about this via email they said the photo will be in review until the application is closed and they will let me know only if it is rejected

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Thank you. I received it 5 days later. And yes I was able to download it in the portal itself.

The address and photo however both were still in review even after I received the COPR.

Address got approved 2 days after I received my COPR. Photo is still in review. However, when I asked them about this via email they said the photo will be in review until the application is closed and they will let me know only if it is rejected
Thank you. Once you have downloaded the COPR, are you formally a PR then? Also wanted to ask how to communicate with them via email (which email address)? Thanks!!

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021

Also wanted to ask if you have applied for the PR cards yet. I saw posts mentioning that they apply for PR cards and link them to the GCKey but I didn’t see this process mentioned anywhere. Could you share what’s your experience? Thanks!

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Thank you. Once you have downloaded the COPR, are you formally a PR then? Also wanted to ask how to communicate with them via email (which email address)? Thanks!!
Hi, yes COPR officially means that I am a permanent resident. I can apply for SIN, health card and all the other good stuff.

I received the email from IRCC.ClientPortalWest-OuestClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and that is where all the communication went. It was a person behind the email address that replied to all my queries.

As legafalcon mentioned I do not have to apply for my first PR card as it will be automatically mailed by IRCC to my approved mailing address.

nivedhrao

Sep 6, 2021
Hi, yes COPR officially means that I am a permanent resident. I can apply for SIN, health card and all the other good stuff.

I received the email from IRCC.ClientPortalWest-OuestClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and that is where all the communication went. It was a person behind the email address that replied to all my queries.

As legafalcon mentioned I do not have to apply for my first PR card as it will be automatically mailed by IRCC to my approved mailing address.
Hi....I am almost waiting for COPR for over a month now. Can we reply to that email asking for update?

Reactions: kavish.shaikh1

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021

Hi Thanks for your reply. Regarding PR cards I saw posts in this thread where people have to link their PR card application into their GCKey. Is there an official guidance regarding this step, or is it more of a personal preference and not necessary? Thanks!

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Congrats! Are you CEC or PNP?
CEC. I added ky
Hi Thanks for your reply. Regarding PR cards I saw posts in this thread where people have to link their PR card application into their GCKey. Is there an official guidance regarding this step, or is it more of a personal preference and not necessary? Thanks!
I am not sure about this. However the portal clearly states that the PR card will be mail d and no additional steps are required.

Can you link the thread please ?

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
CEC. I added ky

I am not sure about this. However the portal clearly states that the PR card will be mail d and no additional steps are required.

Can you link the thread please ?
Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the confusion, but I meant that I saw people chose to link the PR applications in their GCKey. I didn't know if this was mandatory or optional.

Furthermore, when you receive your eCoPR documents. Is all of the information on the document correct?

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hi All,

This might come as a ray of hope to a lot of you. I think my medicals are being reviewed now. I am not sure if this is a positive sign but is a sign of some movement after months so I am super excited.

My medical status (Review of medical Results section) made the following change:
'You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes' to 'We are reviewing the results of your medical exam'

I will update over here if I hear something else. Details of my application are in my signature.

kkhanz96

May 27, 2020
Hi All,

This might come as a ray of hope to a lot of you. I think my medicals are being reviewed now. I am not sure if this is a positive sign but is a sign of some movement after months so I am super excited.

My medical status (Review of medical Results section) made the following change:
'You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes' to 'We are reviewing the results of your medical exam'

I will update over here if I hear something else. Details of my application are in my signature.
Had you gone for medicals on your own? I mean without being asked.