+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
CEC inland from Feb 2020 still waiting. Should I be concerned and contact local MP? Any CEC feb 2020 applicants still waiting? We can go to MP office together if anyone in Ontario is willing to.
I'm still waiting. I think MP only does status update like we can get from sending a webform. Is your Eligibility still RR from most recent GCMS? thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I'm on a LMIA-based, employer specific work permit that expires in November. I'd like to apply for BOWP in July but could you please clarify that I am indeed able request and be issued an open work permit? or it will just be an extension of my closed permit? thanks for your help.
If you apply for BOPW you have to meet the BOPW criteria:

If you applied for Express Entry
These instructions are for permanent residence applications for the:

• Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • Canadian Experience Class
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program
Who can apply for a BOWP
To be eligible, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your permanent residence application
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

If you do apply for BOPW and when issued, you will get an open work permit.

Hirai

Oct 21, 2020
Hi,
Can someone guide me on how to call IRCC?
FSW - Pak
Also, my medical expired in Jan 2021 and I was asked to get them re-done (which I did). Everything else on my application is under review.
I don't know what to make of it - any thoughts?

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
It looks like only PNP are being processed at this stage.
I have no clue, we haven't still received anything. Our COR is USA, a lot of US residents have received PPR, but we haven't!!! So the wait for us is still active and never ending...

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
I have no clue, we haven't still received anything. Our COR is USA, a lot of US residents have received PPR, but we haven't!!! So the wait for us is still active and never ending...
What information made you believe that a lot US residents have received PPR? Just curious, since what I heard is most US residents have not passed security.

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
What information made you believe that a lot US residents have received PPR? Just curious, since what I heard is most US residents have not passed security.
A lot of February AOR folks residing in US have written on this forum about E-PPR. I have not cleared security so I was surprised to know people have started receiving pprs.
Check page 401 where someone has mentioned about receiving COPR
Also, a link is attached to understand COR- US getting PPRs.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cpc-ottawa-passport-processing

jy002

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
I'm still waiting. I think MP only does status update like we can get from sending a webform. Is your Eligibility still RR from most recent GCMS? thanks.
Yeah, its still RR, since June 2020 when an analyst noted 'Recommended Pass' and RR.

Souskhaj

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
A lot of February AOR folks residing in US have written on this forum about E-PPR. I have not cleared security so I was surprised to know people have started receiving pprs.
Check page 401 where someone has mentioned about receiving COPR
Also, a link is attached to understand COR- US getting PPRs.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/cpc-ottawa-passport-processing
Wow... I did not realize that this many US residents have already received PPRs. My application has been approved since Dec 2020 but I have not received PPR yet. Now I wonder why?!!

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I received PPR when IRCC thought I was an US resident (had to leave the US and received the PPR two days after leaving), so I imagine many US residents have received theirs.

Souskhaj

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
I received PPR when IRCC thought I was an US resident (had to leave the US and received the PPR two days after leaving), so I imagine many US residents have received theirs.
I've been placed in the stupid CPCO COVID RFV group since December and there has been zero movement. My medical has been extended for a year. I can even see the COPR number in my GCMS notes but I have not received PPR yet. Not sure what they are waiting for.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I've been placed in the stupid CPCO COVID RFV group since December and there has been zero movement. My medical has been extended for a year. I can even see the COPR number in my GCMS notes but I have not received PPR yet. Not sure what they are waiting for.
Well I feel your pain, even with PPR I cannot use it, because I need them to issue a new PPR because I am in a different country now. So, most likely I am in your the same COVID RFV group. Hopefully, they start processing this group soon because since June 23rd they are allowing people with COPR past March 18th 2020 to enter the country (at least people in the US).

mccoy1985

Oct 1, 2018
Guys I’m really lost with all these abbreviations. Eventhough I try my best to understand, still can’t get my head around it.

I have recieved my acknowledgment of receipt for my express entry federal skilled worker application (not provincial or CEC and I’m applying from outside Canada and have never lived there) on 12th March 2021 and completed biometrics and passed the medical on 26th March. Shall I expect the normal
6 moths processing time or this is expected to take way more time ?

Reactions: Milad.b

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Guys I’m really lost with all these abbreviations. Eventhough I try my best to understand, still can’t get my head around it.

I have recieved my acknowledgment of receipt for my express entry federal skilled worker application (not provincial or CEC and I’m applying from outside Canada and have never lived there) on 12th March 2021 and completed biometrics and passed the medical on 26th March. Shall I expect the normal
6 moths processing time or this is expected to take way more time ?
Unfortunately, expect far longer. Last I checked, average FSW processing went to 12 months or more. I passed my medical, eligibility, and criminality around August 2020, and I'm still waiting for security to begin. Only once that's done will I be able to get CoPR. My app evidently hasn't been touched in like 10 months.

mccoy1985

Oct 1, 2018
Unfortunately, expect far longer. Last I checked, average FSW processing went to 12 months or more. I passed my medical, eligibility, and criminality around August 2020, and I'm still waiting for security to begin. Only once that's done will I be able to get CoPR. My app evidently hasn't been touched in like 10 months.
Thanks for answering! I can also see that since 23 December 2020, there was no general (no specific program) Express entry draw happened !! Only CEC and Provinces program.