+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Emma92

Jun 18, 2017
On June 10, got GU- I called and the agent said criminality passed
On June 12, got GU - It was Saturday. So was not able to call
Called on June 14 - Security passed and the agent said all passed... She also said I might receive PR confirmation Portal anytime ... same day evening at 4pm I got PR confirmation portal email..

I actually feel numb because the damage was done already...
Congrats!!

I had medical extended April 16, 2021 and haven't got anything yet.... The officer who works on my file may have the Covid and in ICU in the last 16 months...

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Congrats!!

I had medical extended April 16, 2021 and haven't got anything yet.... The officer who works on my file may have the Covid and in ICU in the last 16 months...
Same happened with me... Medical was extended and updated on portal April 21, 2021 and then they started working again on june 10..

Ram G

Jun 4, 2020
Hello FSW-India folks,

What is your optimistic hunch of when we will get our PPRs
(provided COVID doesn't have further surprises and vaccinations continue at current pace) :

My Guess is ~Dec 2021

Its based on below theory:

July - CA-US Border opens for fully vaccinated people
Aug - If Covid cases do not rise, CA opens travel from EU/Australia open for fully vaccinated people
Sept - CA allows fully vaccinated students
Oct - Processing restarts for FSW-O.
Nov - IRCC starts handing over PPRs for fully vaccinated folks starting with approved backlog (Nov 2019)
Dec - PPR for Fully vaccinated folks

Please share your thoughts. Dire need for some positivity.

Hari aksh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Hello FSW-India folks,

What is your optimistic hunch of when we will get our PPRs
(provided COVID doesn't have further surprises and vaccinations continue at current pace) :

My Guess is ~Dec 2021

Its based on below theory:

July - CA-US Border opens for fully vaccinated people
Aug - If Covid cases do not rise, CA opens travel from EU/Australia open for fully vaccinated people
Sept - CA allows fully vaccinated students
Oct - Processing restarts for FSW-O.
Nov - IRCC starts handing over PPRs for fully vaccinated folks starting with approved backlog (Nov 2019)
Dec - PPR for Fully vaccinated folks

Please share your thoughts. Dire need for some positivity.
I feel the same my guess is around Jan -2022 reason is I feel they will think of opening borders for foreign nationals like india is only when its majority population is fully vaccinated. They hinted that there will be some progress when there will reach the target of 75/20 i.e 75% with first dose and 20% fully vaccinated but than this was before Delta variant. Now situation is different looking at the rise in cases in UK due to this variant and how fully vaccinated individuals are much protected , I feel canada will wait till its 75% population is fully vaccinated . So i guess it can be around end of this year or starting of next year.

Reactions: immicow

jy002

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Hi Congrats. We are in similar situation.

Did you see any the medical extended in the your online portal yet? Or is it still showing "you do not need medical"? Also did the agent mention when it was extended? Any update on your eligibility, security? Thanks!
yes its still showing 'you do not need medical' on the portal. It got extended not long ago(in May I guess?). Eligibility needs to be reviewed, security not started, same as this time(June) last year.

Ram G

Jun 4, 2020
I feel the same my guess is around Jan -2022 reason is I feel they will think of opening borders for foreign nationals like india is only when its majority population is fully vaccinated. They hinted that there will be some progress when there will reach the target of 75/20 i.e 75% with first dose and 20% fully vaccinated but than this was before Delta variant. Now situation is different looking at the rise in cases in UK due to this variant and how fully vaccinated individuals are much protected , I feel canada will wait till its 75% population is fully vaccinated . So i guess it can be around end of this year or starting of next year.
True. Now the numbers in CA say 65% have got their 1st shot. Honestly, it is very easy to get the first 60% vaccinated because those are the eager ones who also had easier access to vaccine. Going from 65% to 75%+ will be tough, unless they open up vaccinations for kids and improve the reach.

In any case assuming they should get to 70%+ in mid-July, they should also get to 50% fully vaccinated by Aug because the gap between shots is only 28 days in CA. I am already seeing that CA is administering a lot more second dozes than first dozes this month.

If they do get to 70/50, and allowing fully vaccinated people from US does not increase COVID cases, then Jan 2022 sounds realistic. HOPE!

Reactions: Hari aksh

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
yes its still showing 'you do not need medical' on the portal. It got extended not long ago(in May I guess?). Eligibility needs to be reviewed, security not started, same as this time(June) last year.
I am in the same situation. Do you order any GCMS notes and did you see any medical extension grant on it? Also curious if you are doing anything to make it go faster. Thanks.

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Hello @legalfalcon I was wondering if you could please help me with an interpretation. The MP office got this update on my file (FSW-Inland)
  • The Ottawa office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.
    • the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on March 10, 2020.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until April 25, 2022 for the applicant.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid for the applicant.
  • The security verifications are currently valid for the applicant.
  • If the application is approved:
    • the applicant will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa, and
    • the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which the applicant will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.
  • If the application is refused:
    • the officer will send the applicant a refusal letter including instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.
I'm just trying to understand why I haven't received COPR yet. My GCMS notes say eligibility passed, so should I disregard the first line that says the office is still reviewing it?
Most importantly, I am in Canada, Does the part below "if the application is approved"" mean they think I'm not? or that's just a copy and paste message regardless of where you are? I'm just wondering if I should send them a webform letting them know I'm in Canada.

Thanks for any feedback you have, really appreciated.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon I was wondering if you could please help me with an interpretation. The MP office got this update on my file (FSW-Inland)
  • The Ottawa office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid until April 25, 2022 for the applicant.
    • the applicant will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa, and
    • the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which the applicant will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.
    • the officer will send the applicant a refusal letter including instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.
I'm just trying to understand why I haven't received COPR yet. My GCMS notes say eligibility passed, so should I disregard the first line that says the office is still reviewing it?
Most importantly, I am in Canada, Does the part below "if the application is approved"" mean they think I'm not? or that's just a copy and paste message regardless of where you are? I'm just wondering if I should send them a webform letting them know I'm in Canada.

Hi - I'm wondering if your GCMS note says your Eligibility is conclusively passed, or Recommended Pass? The response from my MP is also eligibility was "finalized" but it was Recommended Pass on GCMS. Thanks.

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Hi - I'm wondering if your GCMS note says your Eligibility is conclusively passed, or Recommended Pass? The response from my MP is also eligibility was "finalized" but it was Recommended Pass on GCMS. Thanks.
Thanks for the reply. On my notes it says Eligibility: Passed

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Thanks for the reply. On my notes it says Eligibility: Passed
Thanks! It is interesting why they said mine is finalized even though the GCMS said recommended passed. How long did it take for you from Medical extended (told by call centre agent) to it showing up on portal? Thanks!

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Thanks! It is interesting why they said mine is finalized even though the GCMS said recommended passed. How long did it take for you from Medical extended (told by call centre agent) to it showing up on portal? Thanks!
Hard to say, I don't have GCMS notes since March and haven't called the call centre so I only know it was put on the portal on the 19 of May but don't know when it was extended.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

As per the response all stages seem to have passed. “valid” here indicates, that the documents required for the specific stage are “legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC,” and no further input is required by the applicant.

You just have to wait your turn.

Also send a webform and make sure that your address on file is a Canadian address. IRCC is continuing to issue COPRs.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Hard to say, I don't have GCMS notes since March and haven't called the call centre so I only know it was put on the portal on the 19 of May but don't know when it was extended.
Thanks! Has it always been the case that the Eligibility is “finalized” whenever you received it from the MP (including previous times)? Mine went from something like “still reviewing” to “finalized” even though both inquiries happened after the recommended passed.

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
As per the response all stages seem to have passed. “valid” here indicates, that the documents required for the specific stage are “legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC,” and no further input is required by the applicant.

You just have to wait your turn.

Also send a webform and make sure that your address on file is a Canadian address. IRCC is continuing to issue COPRs.
Thank you @legalfalcon as per latest GCMS notes I received (March), their address on file is my current one in Canada, any use in sending the webform to let them know I'm in Canada?