Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
No, I have applied under express entry in Feb 2020. And added my spouse name in my file in November 2020. So everything is passed and waiting for the final decision. So in this case my spouse has an exemption of travel restrictions? Because ircc agent told me on the phone that we are getting delayed because she might have a travel restrictions. So, could it be possible that cic has hold my file because my spouse is living in INDIA ?
Yes, currently IRCC is not issuing COPRs with dependents who are outside Canada. However, in the last few weeks some applicants with dependents outside Canada have received PPRs. So it is on a case by case basis.

Reactions: pranzal kothari

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi all, I have a question.

For the folks who got final approval on their cases or got COPR, does your back ground check status in portal shows "We will let you know once we start your background check" or "Your background check is in process". I am Feb 2020 AOR and my background check status still shows "We will let you know once your background check status starts". Kindly share your experience :).
Mine: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Final: Approved as per GCMS notes last Aug. Still waiting for the COPR.

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
I am soooooo over Canada and their blatant disregard of immigrants! They say they need you and they care but their actions show otherwise. It’s unacceptable to have applications sitting there and blaming covid when it’s been over a year and a half and there’s 0 communication. I want to give up and leave at this point. After going through expensive uni, hustling to get the stupid points then this dumb shit

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes , do u think that at any point IRCC may start rejecting the applications dated between Dec 2019 - Mar 2020, and specifically those who are outlanders. Reason of asking this question is that IRCC is prioritizing CEC's, Family reunion etc, but what about EE profiles, PNP's etc. I know that the application gets locked after submission, but they may think and start considering the age factor, fresh applicants, backlog etc.
It is confusing state honestly even though according to my last CBSA of Jan 2021, my eligibility, security, criminality and info sharing is completed/passed, and medicals got extended. its becoming a hopeless case, and these sort of questions are hitting the head!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@caipsnotes , do u think that at any point IRCC may start rejecting the applications dated between Dec 2019 - Mar 2020, and specifically those who are outlanders. Reason of asking this question is that IRCC is prioritizing CEC's, Family reunion etc, but what about EE profiles, PNP's etc. I know that the application gets locked after submission, but they may think and start considering the age factor, fresh applicants, backlog etc.
It is confusing state honestly even though according to my last CBSA of Jan 2021, my eligibility, security, criminality and info sharing is completed/passed, and medicals got extended. its becoming a hopeless case, and these sort of questions are hitting the head!!

If your application has started processing, it cannot be rejected, unless you do not meet the eligibility criteria. After the application processing starts, a decision has to be given. Now due to the circumstances it may take longer, but the application just cannot be refused, unless the Canadian Parliament passes a law a they did in 2012, which was due to excessive delays. Even in 2012, only application for which processing has not commenced were scrapped and refunds issued, not for the ones processing had commenced.

As of now, we are no where close to 2012 situation and given that Canada is struggling to meet its immigration targets, scraping opening applications, that too that have been processes is not possible and next to impossible.

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
If your application has started processing, it cannot be rejected, unless you do not meet the eligibility criteria. After the application processing starts, a decision has to be given. Now due to the circumstances it may take longer, but the application just cannot be refused, unless the Canadian Parliament passes a law a they did in 2012, which was due to excessive delays. Even in 2012, only application for which processing has not commenced were scrapped and refunds issued, not for the ones processing had commenced.

As of now, we are no where close to 2012 situation and given that Canada is struggling to meet its immigration targets, scraping opening applications, that too that have been processes is not possible and next to impossible.
Thanks for those soothing words, @legalfalcon. In the midst of such suffocating times for most of us, this comes as a breath of fresh air...

Rushpatel

Feb 21, 2021
AOR with Single applicant - Feb 2020
Medical and Biometrics was done in Feb 2020 for Principal Applicant.
Got Married - November 2020
Added spouse ( Submitted additional Documents ) - December 2020
Dependent is Outland.
Still Waiting for BIL for Spouse. No update since then.

Primary Visa Office - Ottawa
Secondary Visa Office - Vancouver immigration

My Question is can i apply for Spouse open work permit?
or did anyone apply for SOWP while PR Application is still in process?

Mujitoto

Star Member
Apr 17, 2021
Congrats you must be lucky..
My gcms note says "ready to finalize "
Since May 2020 nothing has done yet
anybody have any idea to let them work on backlogs q1 2020??

Mujitoto

Star Member
Apr 17, 2021
Literally been up all night it’s 4am! They don’t care about your applications nor our mental health!
I feel the same...
It's been over 14 month i just received gcms note yesterday which gave me more frustration it says background check
But i think they never even started yet..