+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
We should start a petition or write some letter together to IRCC to look into the matter. Otherwise who knows how long they will keep us waiting
There is petitions out there but I don't think they do much...I'm sure IRCC is well aware of everything that's happening, and for some reason they either can't, don't want to, don't know how to make it better.
If we didn't want to passively hope, pray and wait, the only thing that MIGHT spur some quicker change would probably be a rally or something like that....letters to MPs ( I sent one, they told me Mendicino knows about the problem), petitions, writing to newspapers, won't change anything unfortunately.

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Is it just me receiving strange webform responses that are saying further info is required to access your file? They then go on to ask you to include all the same information you already included in your original web form such as name, date of birth, country of birth, e-mail address etc

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Is it just me receiving strange webform responses that are saying further info is required to access your file? They then go on to ask you to include all the same information you already included in your original web form such as name, date of birth, country of birth, e-mail address etc
I received the same after 2 weeks of raising web form. What does it mean? They cannot access our files?

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
@legalfalcon Might you be able to comment on this please? Similarly, the office of my MP reached to IRCC for updates on my file and they were told:

"We have verified the information you provided on behalf of xxx for their Permanent Resident application number xxx.
Following a thorough review of the file, we have concluded that further clarification is needed.

In order to assist your constituent in this important process, we have sent a request to obtain additional details to the responsible office on April 9, 2021. We will be pleased to contact you as soon as we receive a reply from them.
Rest assured that the responsible office is making all necessary efforts to process the application in a timely manner."

Is there something wrong with all our applications from February? My eligibility is passed, I don't know what clarifications they would want.

Thank you

Last edited:

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon Might you be able to comment on this please? Similarly, the office of my MP reached to IRCC for updates on my file and they were told:

"We have verified the information you provided on behalf of xxx for their Permanent Resident application number xxx.
Following a thorough review of the file, we have concluded that further clarification is needed.

In order to assist your constituent in this important process, we have sent a request to obtain additional details to the responsible office on April 9, 2021. We will be pleased to contact you as soon as we receive a reply from them.
Rest assured that the responsible office is making all necessary efforts to process the application in a timely manner."

Is there something wrong with all our applications from February? My eligibility is passed, I don't know what clarifications they would want.

Thank you
Not every action/request for additional information from IRCC needs to be a sign of something being wrong or to be worried about. You can always request your GCMS notes (for free) to see what additional information might be available on your file.

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Not every action/request for additional information from IRCC needs to be a sign of something being wrong or to be worried about. You can always request your GCMS notes (for free) to see what additional information might be available on your file.
Thanks for reassuring me Caipsnotes...I've asked GCMS twice in the past, I just didn't want to wait another month and a half to get that answer...but at this point why not.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Although it seems highly unlikely that the travel restrictions will lift on 21st April as the 3rd Covid wave is out of control

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/04/health-minister-says-it-is-not-the-time-for-travel-as-canada-enters-third-wave-0417721.html#gs.y34mzi

There is still some good news overall. Vaccines are being rolled out in full (somewhat) so hopefully the travel restriction might only get extended for another 30 days (hopefully). Also, as per the latest news update on IRCC, there seems to be some movement on their end as well which is good news overall.

IRCC will now start sending notices for all the pending documents that were on hold previously. But they did reiterate that even IF they issue a CoPR we will not be able to travel (unless exempted) as the travel restrictions are still in effect.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supporting-information-applications-in-progress.html#shr-pg0

So stay positive everyone, the light is almost visible now at the end of the tunnel!!

@legalfalcon @caipsnotes what are your thoughts on the recent news release and the press release, both linked above?

Ramadan Kareem my friends!

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
[...]
IRCC will now start sending notices for all the pending documents that were on hold previously. But they did reiterate that even IF they issue a CoPR we will not be able to travel (unless exempted) as the travel restrictions are still in effect.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supporting-information-applications-in-progress.html#shr-pg0

So stay positive everyone, the light is almost visible now at the end of the tunnel!!

@legalfalcon @caipsnotes what are your thoughts on the recent news release and the press release, both linked above?

I am wondering why they are reviewing applications which are missing documents while they keep ignoring complete ones. I suspect that they are completely unaware of what is the situation.

Reactions: Hchadda

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
I am wondering why they are reviewing applications which are missing documents while they keep ignoring complete ones. I suspect that they are completely unaware of what is the situation.
At this time, any kind of activity from IRCC is a good sign. I'd rather not get into the nitty gritty of it. As long as they're doing something, anything, i'll take it. It's literally a "beggars can't be choosers" situation for us. We are at their mercy.

Reactions: nns14 and maghool71

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Although it seems highly unlikely that the travel restrictions will lift on 21st April as the 3rd Covid wave is out of control

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/04/health-minister-says-it-is-not-the-time-for-travel-as-canada-enters-third-wave-0417721.html#gs.y34mzi

There is still some good news overall. Vaccines are being rolled out in full (somewhat) so hopefully the travel restriction might only get extended for another 30 days (hopefully). Also, as per the latest news update on IRCC, there seems to be some movement on their end as well which is good news overall.

Did not see specifically about the Express entry program. Honestly, like many others, I have also lost trust, but not hope. Also, I really dont see them expediting the EE applicants before end of the year.. But as you said, a light is visible at the end of the tunnel, so hopefully we all achieve our goal.