+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
I am CEC applicant as well. All passed and approved since Aug 2020. But who cares? 420 days since AOR and no COPR.
God knows what does IRCC have in their minds..! inland applicants does not have any travel restrictions, so why r they holding back our applications.

ssb2021

Mar 29, 2021
I just found this thread while searching. Interesting information. Thank you for sharing. I'm in the same boat, AOR date is Feb 20, 2020 for CEC application. Still security background is in progress. Everything seams fine according to GCMS notes, waiting for security/background check.

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Hello @legalfalcon

I'm in desperate need of your advice. I'm an Inland FSW with AOR Feb 9 2020, Biometric given in December, and an application stuck in Eligibility passed, criminal background in progress, security not started.
My employer has made my conditions at work unsustainable, they know I'm basically a hostage as I have a LMIA-based work permit but I'm considering quitting as working there is taking a huge psychological toll on me. I claimed points for arranged employment, so I was wondering:
- what happens to my file if I quit?
- what options do I have to work somewhere else beside waiting to be able to apply for BOWP? (I'm eligible in a few months but I don't think I'll be able to make it till then)
- how much power does my employer have to destroy my chances at PR at this stage?

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I'm in desperate need of your advice. I'm an Inland FSW with AOR Feb 9 2020, Biometric given in December, and an application stuck in Eligibility passed, criminal background in progress, security not started.
My employer has made my conditions at work unsustainable, they know I'm basically a hostage as I have a LMIA-based work permit but I'm considering quitting as working there is taking a huge psychological toll on me. I claimed points for arranged employment, so I was wondering:
- what happens to my file if I quit?
- what options do I have to work somewhere else beside waiting to be able to apply for BOWP? (I'm eligible in a few months but I don't think I'll be able to make it till then)
- how much power does my employer have to destroy my chances at PR at this stage?

Thank you so much in advance for your time and help

If you claimed points for arranged employment, one of the conditions was that the offer would be "for at least one year after [IRCC] issue(s) your permanent resident visa." If you leave your job, then year after clause will also go away, and thus you will lose the points.

So far IRCC has not issued any circulars or policy in this regard. As soon as your change your job, and if your application is still in progress, you have to inform IRCC, and your offer of arranged employment will be subject to verification, even if your eligibility is passed.

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
If you claimed points for arranged employment, one of the conditions was that the offer would be "for at least one year after [IRCC] issue(s) your permanent resident visa." If you leave your job, then year after clause will also go away, and thus you will lose the points.

So far IRCC has not issued any circulars or policy in this regard. As soon as your change your job, and if your application is still in progress, you have to inform IRCC, and your offer of arranged employment will be subject to verification, even if your eligibility is passed.
Thanks @legalfalcon , so they are right, they own me, and my chances at getting PR depend on them...devastating news but thanks for taking the time.

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Thanks @legalfalcon , so they are right, they own me, and my chances at getting PR depend on them...devastating news but thanks for taking the time.
I was in the same situation bud. I simply quit and informed IRCC via a web-form. I’ll be able to apply for BOWP in a month but that’s not concrete yet. I’d re-apply under the CEC stream if they canceled my application due to that LMIA job situation. So, if you have enough points to apply under CEC, I’d say do that. Mental health is more important than any document or job.

yjus

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Hi ,
I have received my GCMS notes. Could you please help me understand when I should expect security to start? Or coult it be the case that it has actually started? My med is expired in Feb and no news so far about extension or remed.
AOR: Feb 2020 (fsw outland)

eligibility: passed (passed by officer)
Security: not started
Hirv:
Criminality: passed
Org crime:
Medical: passed-expired
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing: complete
Other req: not started

Souskhaj

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Hey All, I just received an email from a weird email address with the content below:

"You have been selected to take part in a Government of Canada survey!

We would like to hear about your experience with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application.

The survey is voluntary and will take about 15 minutes to complete."

Is this legit or just a scam? I have not seen any updates in my online portal so far. Please let me know if anyone else has received something similar.

RonzMax

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hey All, I just received an email from a weird email address with the content below:

"You have been selected to take part in a Government of Canada survey!

We would like to hear about your experience with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application.

The survey is voluntary and will take about 15 minutes to complete."

Is this legit or just a scam? I have not seen any updates in my online portal so far. Please let me know if anyone else has received something similar.
Hi, here is a notice: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/client-experience-survey-2021.html
If it is from Advanis, it might be legit.

RonzMax

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Thanks for sharing! yes that's the same email address. but the thing is I never heard a response from IRCC. So, does this mean that my application has already either been approved or rejected?
Have you had a decision been made in 2020 for any application with IRCC? This seems like a survey for applications completed from 2020.

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Most of the time the online portal does not reflect up to date information. It is quite likely that a final decision has been reached on your application. You can call them, send a webform or raise a GCMS request to get a confirmation on the status of your application.

RonzMax

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
The email says so. But my online portal latest status is : Medical passed on 22 February 2020.
I received the same email, but I had a PR rejection in January 2020, so for me probably the survey is related to that. As pointed out by @sud6feb , you can reach out to IRCC to know the latest update on your application.

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
@legalfalcon
My medical is expired, and I have non-accompanying family memebers in my PR application. If IRCC requests remedial then it will be for principal applicant only or for non-accompanying applicants as well?