17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Based on the above answer, what if the spouse of the PA changed the job, do we need to submit any letter stating change of job to IRCC ? I mean, what if we do not inform IRCC ?

Thank you!
For any foreign work experience of dependent spouse, you do not get any points. Also, there is no need to mention the foreign work experience of spouse in the application.

Thus, if the dependent spouse changes his/ her job, there is no need to inform IRCC.

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone! I'm an FSW-Inland applicant with AOR in Feb 2020. Since I've recently accumulated 1 year of Canadian experience, I'm planning to apply again under the CEC stream, considering that:
  1. IRCC has announced that they won't be actively looking at FSW (and other non-CEC) cases until a "further notice".
  2. In general, IRCC seems to have forgotten about most of the Jan - May 2020 applications (E.g, my application hasn't been touched since April 2020).
  3. Last week IRCC sent invitations to 27,000 new CEC applicants with CRS scores as low as 75 (!!!), which clearly indicates that qualified FSW applicants are a very low priority at the moment.
Are there any reasons why applying again through the CEC stream, while keeping my existing FSW application, might be a bad idea? @legalfalcon , I would really appreciate your opinion on this.
Turns out the CIC website doesn't allow having two concurrent Express Entry applications (e.g. FSW + CEC).
So in order to re-apply as CEC, one would first have to withdraw their FSW application, and this withdrawal process might take months. So re-applying afresh as CEC applicant seems infeasible, despite what IRCC call center agents say :(

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Hi There was no email notification. I logged into my CIC profile and there was a message saying 'Application updated' and
when I clicked on status, my message for medical was changed.
Hey, I had the same GU today that changed the message on my medical status as well. Do you have any following GUs after that which show a new medical extension? Thanks!

dharatishah82

Jan 12, 2020
Hey, I had the same GU today that changed the message on my medical status as well. Do you have any following GUs after that which show a new medical extension? Thanks!
From what I heard from others, remedical or extension to the medical will be provided. For some, it took 2 month+ to get an extension, so I am preparing myself for another long wait!

Reactions: Magnolian

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
https://globalnews.ca/news/7650886/permanent-residence-delays-skilled-immigrants/amp/?fbclid=IwAR0fHXxlgvsNkNfWjRIGyVHcCW8U_V6CZTpNq-6i6veeea1LFhZdx470V8Y

The question has changed from When will I get my PR card to will I ever get my PR card

CEC inland applicant
AOR: Feb 29
BIL: March 10
Medicals: March 12
Biometrics: Nov 12

I am not even getting response to my web forms now :( Raised a webform on January 17th.

This is frustrating! And they are issuing new ITAs (no issue with that) as opposed to clearing the backlogs on priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: surap and siji083

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Turns out the CIC website doesn't allow having two concurrent Express Entry applications (e.g. FSW + CEC).
So in order to re-apply as CEC, one would first have to withdraw their FSW application, and this withdrawal process might take months. So re-applying afresh as CEC applicant seems infeasible, despite what IRCC call center agents say :(
Really? I also plan to send another application under CeC stream end this year when my hours accumulate to the threshold. But my application (PNP through EE) is still in process (and I suppose it will take ages to complete). Seems like there is no way to get out of this bs :((

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
https://globalnews.ca/news/7650886/permanent-residence-delays-skilled-immigrants/amp/?fbclid=IwAR0fHXxlgvsNkNfWjRIGyVHcCW8U_V6CZTpNq-6i6veeea1LFhZdx470V8Y

The question has changed from When will I get my PR card to will I ever get my PR card

CEC inland applicant
AOR: Feb 29
BIL: March 10
Medicals: March 12
Biometrics: Nov 12

I am not even getting response to my web forms now :( Raised a webform on January 17th.

This is frustrating! And they are issuing new ITAs (no issue with that) as opposed to clearing the backlogs on priority.
Hi, when will your current medical expire (as per GCMS notes)? And did IRCC update the medical in your portal as well? thanks!

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
From what I heard from others, remedical or extension to the medical will be provided. For some, it took 2 month+ to get an extension, so I am preparing myself for another long wait!
Thanks for your reply. Does it mean we will wait for two months+ to get another GU to find out whether it’s remedical or extension?

Is sending the medical for review automatically occurring on the date the medial expired? It seems so to me but not sure.

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Really? I also plan to send another application under CeC stream end this year when my hours accumulate to the threshold. But my application (PNP through EE) is still in process (and I suppose it will take ages to complete). Seems like there is no way to get out of this bs :((
Yeah, unfortunately, it looks like there is no an easy way out of it. :( There is no a "Withdraw" button for EE applications in the CIC portal. Instead, one would need to submit a special webform, which might take several months to process, especially nowadays. Until the webform is approved by an IRCC officer you are pretty much blocked. The CIC portal will let creating a new EE application only after the status of the old one changes to "Withdrawn".

I spoke with an IRCC call-center agent a couple of weeks ago and they assured me that it's okay to have more than one concurrent EE application, as long as it is not the same category (e.g. CEC and FSW/PNP). I re-took a medical exam, got an updated FBI criminal record check, only to realize that what the call-center agent said was not true.

Last edited:

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Just like a lot of other people, I receive a ghost update on my profile yesterday. When I checked the profile, the message 'February 26, You passed your medical Exam' had disappeared and my 'Review of Medical results' section has become 'You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes'. Haven't heard anything about the re-medical/extension yet. Will keep you guys posted once I hear something from them.

<<< Details are in my signature >>>

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Just like a lot of other people, I receive a ghost update on my profile yesterday. When I checked the profile, the message 'February 26, You passed your medical Exam' had disappeared and my 'Review of Medical results' section has become 'You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes'. Haven't heard anything about the re-medical/extension yet. Will keep you guys posted once I hear something from them.

<<< Details are in my signature >>>
Hi, it looks like from your signature that your eligibility has not been conclusively passed yet? Would you share when was the last time Eligibility was worked on? thanks

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
The last time I got my GCMS notes in November 2020, I realized my profile had not been worked on since March 2020 where it was passed by the analyst but not reviewed. After that I have had 2 updates on my profile:
  • 23-Dec-2020 : Background check moved to in progress
  • 22-Feb-2021 : Medical status moved to 'You do not need a medical exam'
As I do not have any further GCMS noted to conclude what was going on in the background, I have not changed it in my signature. Although the update on the background check might mean that my eligibility has been passed and security has been started. As I have already ordered 2 GCMS notes in the span of a year, I don't want to overdo it. Will update over here if I am able to decrypt it in my next GCMS (if I do end up ordering it)

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Hi After the first GU changing my medical status, I got another one yesterday giving me the medical extension.
Hopefully the same will happen to you. Maybe the first one sort of initiates the extension, which is followed by the second one
that really gives you the extension. Keep me updated.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Hi After the first GU changing my medical status, I got another one yesterday giving me the medical extension.
Hopefully the same will happen to you. Maybe the first one sort of initiates the extension, which is followed by the second one
that really gives you the extension. Keep me updated.
Thanks so much for your reply. I’ll keep an eye out for the following GUs. Do you still remember roughly when did your original medical expire and when was the status changed the first time? Trying to see how long it takes them.

I think you will soon get your CoPR as now medical is extended. best of luck.

Reactions: Magnolian