+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

pranzal kothari

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hello friends,

I have added my spouse name in my ongoing express entry profile.And today I have got her biometric request. So does anone has an idea that vac center in INDIA is collecting the biometric or not ?

ustocanada97

Nov 8, 2019
AOR: 8th Feb, FSW-O, USA.

Last week the Background Check changed to:
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
and today the Medical date changed to (original medical were expiring Feb 2021):
  • January 21, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Does anyone know how long Background Check would take for someone who has lived in US for past 15 years and has clean immigration history etc.?

Also, does this mean we don't need to take the medical exam? Are they sending PPRs or holding off despite everything being essentially complete?

Thanks much for your answers and best of luck! :)

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020

• We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
and today the Medical date changed to (original medical were expiring Feb 2021):
Does anyone know how long Background Check would take for someone who has lived in US for past 15 years and has clean immigration history etc.?

Also, does this mean we don't need to take the medical exam? Are they sending PPRs or holding off despite everything being essentially complete?

Is your security passed? Yes, it means you do not need to take the medical exam again. No one knows how and when IRCC will send PPRs.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
How long are GCMS notes taking these days? Last time i applied (Mid Aug) i received them within 30 days but apparently these days due to the high demand of GCMS notes, it's taking them over 90 days to respond, if even. Is this true?

ustocanada97

Nov 8, 2019
Is your security passed? Yes, it means you do not need to take the medical exam again. No one knows how and when IRCC will send PPRs.
I am not sure. The application says:
and I've not ordered any GCMS notes etc. Wasn't sure if Ottawa has been giving out any PPRs to US FWS-O applicants recently.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020

Based on what they say about your medical exams it look like they have been extended. The only way of knowing for sure would be ordering the notes, but it may be unnecessary at this stage.
If they extended your medical exam it should mean that your application is about to receive PPR, but this is more like a guess than a fact. Applications can be in hold for months even if completed, but extending the medicals is a good sign!

pranzal kothari

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hello friends,

I have added my spouse name in my ongoing express entry profile.And today I have got her biometric request. So does anone has an idea that vac center in INDIA is collecting the biometric or not ?

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
Hi guys,

I got a GU today ( application/profile Updated, I am not sure if my lawyer received any email). Change in my profile is for medicals, initially it was March 2020 and now it’s showing - “you do not need a medical exam. We will send you a msg if this changes.

Does it mean that my medicals have been extended automatically? As new medical expiry date is not mentioned, does it mean my application can take longer?

I am so stressed out and this wait is killing me. Aor feb 2020, PNP inland. Many thanks, would appreciate your thoughts on this. Pls advise.

Reactions: sandeep0189

Snagh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi guys,

I got a GU today ( application/profile Updated, I am not sure if my lawyer received any email). Change in my profile is for medicals, initially it was March 2020 and now it’s showing - “you do not need a medical exam. We will send you a msg if this changes.

Does it mean that my medicals have been extended automatically? As new medical expiry date is not mentioned, does it mean my application can take longer?

I am so stressed out and this wait is killing me. Aor feb 2020, PNP inland. Many thanks, would appreciate your thoughts on this. Pls advise.
It doesn't get extended automatically, but at the officer's discretion, either renewed for a max of 1 year or asked for remedical. In a few cases, they did extend medical in the background without any reflection on the application portal. You could give it some time and then call IRCC/check through a webform/GCMS notes about your medical status. Sit tight and ATB!

Reactions: Twinklestar06

Jeddie

Feb 12, 2020
Does everybody’s medical status changes to ‘ you do not need medical exam’ after the medical date expires ? Is that an automated change for every application?

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Does everybody’s medical status changes to ‘ you do not need medical exam’ after the medical date expires ? Is that an automated change for every application?
Mine changed about a week after expiry, didn't seem like it was automatic and I did get a GU when it changed, my guess is someone had to look at it