+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

sreeson102

Jul 3, 2020
Hi.. My GCMS notes has review required due to employment reference letter not having roles.. Even though i haven't got any official mail or demand from IRCC for the same, I have finally arranged it from my employer and wish to upload it.
I am confused where (which link) should i upload this document (having only my job roles). Which link and header (drop down options) would be ideal to add this supporting document.

Thanks
Hey Rohan,

Upload using webform, Do it quickly, they refused my application just because of this document missing.
So don't do this mistake.

Reactions: nagamaheshreddy

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
The GCMS notes are request and released under the Access to Information Act, where as the application processing happens under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. They are dealt with different divisions or IRCC and have no correlation.

IRCC has already clarified this that requesting GCMS notes has no bearing on the processing. This was also clarified by IRCC through its Twitter handle:

It is clear that requesting GCMS notes does not slow down or speed up the process. Thank you for the clear and detailed post. I would however point out that even thought this is a right and undoubtedly useful step, it is pointless to ask them multiple times after eligibility is passed. It does not slow down the application (since there are different agents that process the notes), but it may slow down the generation of notes for other applicants.
I would just invite to use some consideration in raising webform and asking GCMS notes too often, as it affects reply times for everyone.

Just to clarify: one should definitely ask notes and raise webform whenever it is necessary.

JTPr

May 15, 2020
Hi GUYS,

Sorry I may have asked this question.. Please forgive my memories..

there is the expire date for copr document. The expiry date is the date you must travel in Canada (for outland)..

So if you are inland applicants and currently are in Canada, that expiry date doesn't mean anything even if your PR card comes after that date, correct?

Thank you!

Ali@12345

Jan 8, 2020
Hey Rohan,

Upload using webform, Do it quickly, they refused my application just because of this document missing.
So don't do this mistake.
Hi @sreeson102

Curious , as you have mentioned that they refused your application just because of document missing , did you try to write to get a new employment letter and write to IRCC to reconsider on your file ? or you wish to reapply ? Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It is clear that requesting GCMS notes does not slow down or speed up the process. Thank you for the clear and detailed post. I would however point out that even thought this is a right and undoubtedly useful step, it is pointless to ask them multiple times after eligibility is passed. It does not slow down the application (since there are different agents that process the notes), but it may slow down the generation of notes for other applicants.
I would just invite to use some consideration in raising webform and asking GCMS notes too often, as it affects reply times for everyone.

Just to clarify: one should definitely ask notes and raise webform whenever it is necessary.
If you read mo previous post on when to request GCMS, I have emphasised that it is a tool to help you know where your application is and should be used sparingly.

Reposting the post:

When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant. Lately applicants have started requesting GCMS notes within first 1-2 months, instigated by fly by night websites that have popped up, this has creased huge backlogs and IRCC has been sending out 90 days extension notices.

While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

Reactions: matteosc

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
The GCMS notes are request and released under the Access to Information Act, where as the application processing happens under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. They are dealt with different divisions or IRCC and have no correlation.

IRCC has already clarified this that requesting GCMS notes has no bearing on the processing. This was also clarified by IRCC through its Twitter handle:

@legalfalcon yeah I knew the same info but got confused as agent said about the delay so I thought may be things have changed or I might have read it wrong. Thanks for sharing though.

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
You mean an IRCC call agent actually said this? However, I don't think this is true.... ordering GCMS has nothing to do with the processing speed of PR applications.... The IRCC department handling GCMS requests is different from the officers processing PR applications..
@GW007 yeah an IRCC call agent said requesting ATIP/ GCMS notes can delay the application as they have to stop the work to collect and send the info. Yeah it’s not true, I read it somewhere that both of the departments are different and even @legalfalcon confirmed the same. Such a relief.

Spruha Desai

Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,
I did not have reference letter for one of my self employed occupation and i did upload my license along with explanation that i have got tax returns and commission statement to support my case if required.
Recently in GCMS i found that it's under RR and comments were no job duties, no payment slips, no evidence for self employment.
I looked over the website but couldn't find anything that supports documents to be uploaded without ADR.
@legalfalcon could you please advise in this scenario

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi All,
I did not have reference letter for one of my self employed occupation and i did upload my license along with explanation that i have got tax returns and commission statement to support my case if required.
Recently in GCMS i found that it's under RR and comments were no job duties, no payment slips, no evidence for self employment.
I looked over the website but couldn't find anything that supports documents to be uploaded without ADR.
@legalfalcon could you please advise in this scenario
IRCC has stated:

"if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience)"
As per the above you do need job duties, but they cannot be self declared. Instead you can ask your colleagues, clients, or any any one who knows you work to provide you with job duties, other aspects can be covered by providing documentation, such as incorporation certificates, IT returns, business license, premises lease agreements, balance sheets, yearly audits, etc.

Spruha Desai

Apr 5, 2020
IRCC has stated:

As per the above you do need job duties, but they cannot be self declared. Instead you can ask your colleagues, clients, or any any one who knows you work to provide you with job duties, other aspects can be covered by providing documentation, such as incorporation certificates, IT returns, business license, premises lease agreements, balance sheets, yearly audits, etc.
Thank you @legalfalcon for your help.
I have been looking IRCC website where i couldn't find any clue which elaborates additional documents can be uploaded upfront prior to ADR through web form while i found one page where it states do not upload anything until we ask.
So I'm getting confused what should be done now. I have got my docs ready and also i have explained that in LOE that i can provide supporting documents if required.
But there is no update on file after march. I'm feb AOR

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Hi,
I called IRCC just now to check my eligibility status as it is under review since June and officer didn’t check it since then. The agent told me that each time you order GCMS notes it can delay the application. Does anyone know if that’s true? Because I ordered my about 3 times and waiting for the recently ordered notes. Please advise.
Aor - 15 feb
Fsw-PNP-inland
It's human nature to be curious and worried (warranted or not) when it comes to delays in our applications. GCMS should definitely be used but very sparingly and only when necessary.

For e.g, my application (AOR 17th Feb '20) process time expired on 17th Aug with no updates whatsoever, even the webform i raised just gave me the most generic and minimal response. Only afterwards, after checking with others here, i went ahead and applied for my GCMS notes.

I highly doubt IRCC agents will get upset at having requested extra info and details on an on-going application and purposefully delay someones process out of spite, i just don't see that happening.

Stay positive, all will be well, eventually.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon for your help.
I have been looking IRCC website where i couldn't find any clue which elaborates additional documents can be uploaded upfront prior to ADR through web form while i found one page where it states do not upload anything until we ask.
So I'm getting confused what should be done now. I have got my docs ready and also i have explained that in LOE that i can provide supporting documents if required.
But there is no update on file after march. I'm feb AOR
When you submit your application, it is an applicant's responsibility to file a completed application.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

If you inadvertently missing filing a document, you can send it via webform, as you cannot upload it via your MuyCIC account.

surap

Sep 16, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I have received the GCMS notes today and below is the status:
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed

Idid go through the Notes section at the bottom and noticed my eligibility was recommended passed on March 11( Feb 11 is my AOR). I'm confused and a bit worried as my case has not been touched for 6 months since it was recommended passed by a case analyst in march. Kindly advice what could be the reason. @legalfalcon

hithere123

Jun 11, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I have received the GCMS notes today and below is the status:
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not started
Criminality: Passed

Idid go through the Notes section at the bottom and noticed my eligibility was recommended passed on March 11( Feb 11 is my AOR). I'm confused and a bit worried as my case has not been touched for 6 months since it is recommended passed by a case analyst in march. Kindly advice what could be the reason. @legalfalcon
I have the same scenario with my eligibility been on recommended passed(called yesterday to get an update) and security not started since I last ordered GCMS notes in June so it has been 4 months since it is on recommended passed. My aor is March. My criminality is also pending due to biometrics.

Reactions: surap