+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
The profile won’t be updated at all until you get the final decision. That’s why we get updates through other means. I haven’t tried calling IRCC but other people are reporting long holds ~1 hour, then getting dropped. So suggesting to call a few minutes before they open so you’ll be at start of the queue.
Hi again,
Thanks. I am glad that you told me about profile being updated only when the final decision is made. I was so worried about this. I have sent a request to them using web form yesterday. Do you know how much info they usually give as to eligibilty and background status through webform response? Is requesting GMS notes better way to find our the current status of your application?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi again,
Thanks. I am glad that you told me about profile being updated only when the final decision is made. I was so worried about this. I have sent a request to them using web form yesterday. Do you know how much info they usually give as to eligibilty and background status through webform response? Is requesting GMS notes better way to find our the current status of your application?
Webforms are a hit and miss, sometimes you get a good response, sometimes the agent replying to your query won’t give all the answers, but the turnaround time is faster, 5-10 days. Since your feb AOR, and way past the 6 month mark, you can order your notes already. If you’re inland, you can order yours via ATIP for free. All the comments, status and changes on your application are in the notes. You’ll see everything. Turnaround time is approx 30 days.

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Webforms are a hit and miss, sometimes you get a good response, sometimes the agent replying to your query won’t give all the answers, but the turnaround time is faster, 5-10 days. Since your feb AOR, and way past the 6 month mark, you can order your notes already. If you’re inland, you can order yours via ATIP for free. All the comments, status and changes on your application are in the notes. You’ll see everything. Turnaround time is approx 30 days.
Hi, Thanks! I took a look at ATIP yesterday, and got very overwhelmed at just how it looked with its long questionaire tables, so I just sent webform query.
How long approx. does it take for you guys to complete ATIP request?

I really appreciate your help!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi, Thanks! I took a look at ATIP yesterday, and got very overwhelmed at just how it looked with its long questionaire tables, so I just sent webform query.
How long approx. does it take for you guys to complete ATIP request?

I really appreciate your help!
It can be confusing at first, you just need to make sure you you land at the IRCC dept. > immigration and then you need to fill in your details. You need to have your UCI and application numbers handy (check your IRCC profile or BIL). I can’t recall how much time it took me, probably like 5 minutes?

doislan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Hi, Thank you so much for your message.

Oh, I see. I guess they don't even bother updating the profile.... How long do I need to wait on hold these days if I call IRCC?
Every time I called them I had to wait about 30 minutes, mostly called them around 12:30pm PDT

Twinklestar06

Sep 25, 2020
Hi,
I called IRCC just now to check my eligibility status as it is under review since June and officer didn’t check it since then. The agent told me that each time you order GCMS notes it can delay the application. Does anyone know if that’s true? Because I ordered my about 3 times and waiting for the recently ordered notes. Please advise.
Aor - 15 feb
Fsw-PNP-inland

Rohan87

Sep 29, 2020
Hi.. My GCMS notes has review required due to employment reference letter not having roles.. Even though i haven't got any official mail or demand from IRCC for the same, I have finally arranged it from my employer and wish to upload it.
I am confused where (which link) should i upload this document (having only my job roles). Which link and header (drop down options) would be ideal to add this supporting document.

Thanks

Reactions: wittytweety

Rohan87

Sep 29, 2020
As per IRCC, the average time to process an EE application is 9 months as per 2019 IRCC publication.

Review required is normal, and there is nothing to be concerned about. Many applications see RR. If the RR is for a specific aspect, you can send additional documents, if not, then it is just a means to convey to the office to review the documents before making a final determination on eligibility.

Here is my old post on RR, reposting it:

Did you request your GCMS notes, what does the RR note say?
Dear Legalfalcon, you had mentioned that replacement document can be submitted using CSE.. What is CSE here(sorry if i asked a stupid question).. I have finally managed reference letter mentioning roles and want to update it but i am confused where should it be done.. Not able to find any link which. Gives such an option (i wish to share this on my own, they haven't asked yet)... It would be really helpful if you can guide me where such proactive documents can be uploaded.. Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon, you had mentioned that replacement document can be submitted using CSE.. What is CSE here(sorry if i asked a stupid question).. I have finally managed reference letter mentioning roles and want to update it but i am confused where should it be done.. Not able to find any link which. Gives such an option (i wish to share this on my own, they haven't asked yet)... It would be really helpful if you can guide me where such proactive documents can be uploaded.. Thanks
Case Specific Enquiry also known as webform. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

GW007

May 22, 2020
Hi,
I called IRCC just now to check my eligibility status as it is under review since June and officer didn’t check it since then. The agent told me that each time you order GCMS notes it can delay the application. Does anyone know if that’s true? Because I ordered my about 3 times and waiting for the recently ordered notes. Please advise.
Aor - 15 feb
Fsw-PNP-inland
You mean an IRCC call agent actually said this? However, I don't think this is true.... ordering GCMS has nothing to do with the processing speed of PR applications.... The IRCC department handling GCMS requests is different from the officers processing PR applications..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,
Aor - 15 feb
Fsw-PNP-inland
The GCMS notes are request and released under the Access to Information Act, where as the application processing happens under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. They are dealt with different divisions or IRCC and have no correlation.

IRCC has already clarified this that requesting GCMS notes has no bearing on the processing. This was also clarified by IRCC through its Twitter handle: