caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Has anyone received GCMS notes recently? I had applied on 24th August and waiting since...
It can take up to 30 days and some more caveats below

Processing Times
  • If you submitted your request outside of regular business hours, Eastern Time, the processing of your request will begin the following business day.
  • If the deadline falls on a weekend or on a holiday, the due date becomes the next business day.

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
GOT MY COPR JUST NOW!!! :D

I finally got my PR approved ...!!!! Thank you everyone for your great help and encouragement!

My trip to PR is shown as per below:

CEC INLAND

AOR: Feb 7
Estimated Completion Date: Aug 7, 2020
Actual approval date: Sep 22, 2020

NOW JUST WAITING FOR THE official COPR email~!!!!!
Congratulations! Well I am a bit of losing hope, called IRCC last week and the agent said my file already approved on Aug 24. But until today I received nothing and no update on my account. I have no idea how much longer I have to wait.

Reactions: nagamaheshreddy

JTPr

May 15, 2020
Congratulations! Well I am a bit of losing hope, called IRCC last week and the agent said my file already approved on Aug 24. But until today I received nothing and no update on my account. I have no idea how much longer I have to wait.
Thank you!
Did you mean your account still says “submitted”? I have heard that there might be a long queue for cases to be finalized..!

wish you good luck and I believe you will receive your COPr soon! And if i were you, i would call cic agent from time to time and leave notes to the officer if it is possible.

Canaspirant_007

Mar 31, 2020
AOR: Feb 19, 2020
Medicals Passed: Feb 29, 2020
Biometrics Given: March 9, 2020
PNO-O

Raised a webform recently to which I got the following response:

Your application is awaiting the review of an officer.Notification will be sent in due course.
Status of Eligibility - passed
Status of Criminality -passed
Status of Security – not started

How many more stages are there to go?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sola89

simnay2303

Aug 27, 2020
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Passport Req..
07/11/2020
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2020
Usually not, but some applicants have claimed that they have received a ghost update after they requested GCMS notes. In most cases this happens if there is a stage that has not been updated and when the GCMS notes are requested, they are updated by the officer before they are released. This may trigger a GU.
Thanks for reverting back.. Since I haven't seen any update or even GU on my account I'm going to order GCMS now to check the status as the webform reply was unclear it just say currently valid. And someone here informed that it doesn't mean passed. :(

Keiddianago

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
AOR: Feb 19, 2020
Medicals Passed: Feb 29, 2020
Biometrics Given: March 9, 2020

Raised a webform recently to which I got the following response:

Your application is awaiting the review of an officer.Notification will be sent in due course.
Status of Eligibility - passed
Status of Criminality -passed
Status of Security – not started

How is this to be interpreted? How many more stages & time to go before the golden email?
what is your stream?

Reactions: Sola89

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
The point is that PPR is a passport request, asking you to submit your passport to issue a PR visa and COPR. However, if you are from a visa exempt country, you will just get a COPR. If you do need a PR visa, it needs to be seen how it will be processed. If you are an inland applicant, you will get a COPR even if your are not from a visa exempt country as you are in canada and do not need a visa.

If you are out of Canada, then earlier you could add a new family member until you had landed in Canada, even if the cOPR was issued. But with COVID, you will have to contact IRCC and ask for details, as no information is currently available.
Okay. But if I email them right now ( while security check and criminality is remaining) and inform them of upcoming dependent in Janaury, then we are good right? Will they just halt the process right until jannaury or process security and criminally and then park the application until new born is added?
@legalfalcon Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Okay. But if I email them right now ( while security check and criminality is remaining) and inform them of upcoming dependent in Janaury, then we are good right? Will they just halt the process right until jannaury or process security and criminally and then park the application until new born is added?
@legalfalcon Thank you
Under the law, a child, unless born is considered a legal entity. (Don't want to sound rude, but it is a legal consideration). Only after your child is born and you have the passport, medicals and fill the forms, can you add your child to the application.

You can send the webform to IRCC, but unless they have the documents, they cannot add a child in anticipation.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for reverting back.. Since I haven't seen any update or even GU on my account I'm going to order GCMS now to check the status as the webform reply was unclear it just say currently valid. And someone here informed that it doesn't mean passed. :(
Not every applicant will get GU. GU only Means that there was an update in your application, which can be a mundane one to a major one of passing a stage. Some applicants never receive any update, and get the PPR. So not getting a GU does not mean that no progress is being made.

If the webform response states that the verifications are currently valid, “valid” here indicates, that the documents required for the specific stage are “legal, not expired, and accepted by IRCC,” and no further input is required by the applicant.

To read on how to decipher webform responses, see https://bit.ly/2RPFaEK

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
GOT MY COPR JUST NOW!!! :D

I finally got my PR approved ...!!!! Thank you everyone for your great help and encouragement!

My trip to PR is shown as per below:

CEC INLAND

AOR: Feb 7
Estimated Completion Date: Aug 7, 2020
Actual approval date: Sep 22, 2020

NOW JUST WAITING FOR THE official COPR email~!!!!!
Wow! Congrats!
We were all rooting for you. Keep celebrating.