satishkota

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
AOR : 27 Feb 2020
Medicals Passed : 3 March 2020
Biometrics : 3 Mar 2020
FSW Outland
Profile status : 100 %

I have received a ghost update today also raised GCMS notes 15 days back, awaiting.

Any idea what does a ghost update signifies ?
My AOR is Feb 15 and I too received a ghost update today. Will raise GCMS today. I too am FSW Out land.

Reactions: Wotsit

reptiloid

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
My AOR is Feb 15 and I too received a ghost update today. Will raise GCMS today. I too am FSW Out land.
Some activity is going on. In Moscow, Russia, VFS opened for passport collection. Also, there are some messages about received PPRs in Mexico and some other countries.

Reactions: satishkota

Robbie999

Jul 7, 2020
Finally received wbeform response:

• The application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.

Any insights? I have been waiting very long time. I checked others' webform reples and wondering if there is difference between,
"meets the eligibility requirements" and "Currently meets the eligibility requirements"

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
At the risk of sounding dumb, what exactly is a "Ghost Update"? I mean, either there's an update or there isn't . . . right? What am i missing?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
At the risk of sounding dumb, what exactly is a "Ghost Update"? I mean, either there's an update or there isn't . . . right? What am i missing?
A ghost update is when you see that your application was updated (changes from "submitted" to "updated") but nothing changed when you open it (same status for eligibility, additional documents, etc...).

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Stream: FSW Outland
AOR - February 22
MEP - March 3
Biometrics - March 10
Eligibility - March 11

Eligibility is recommend passed since March according to the GCMS notes I just received.
Ghost update received on September 9th.
No new message or application status detail found on my profile though.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Biometrics has nothing to do with your criminality check. IRCC has the ability to clear candidates without biometrics as well. There are various reasons as to why your criminality is taking too long to be fully processed it could be related to travel history or country of origin or maybe they are short staffed at the moment.
Wrong. My gcms explicitly says that all done except pending biometrics (criminality) as officer written.

mahinangia

Sep 10, 2020
Hi All,
I received an ADR request for form IMM5406 ( additional family information document). Is there something wrong or anything to worry about?

AOR: 23 feb
MED: 3rd March
BIO: 11th March
FSW outland

no update since then until today asking for this document. as per gcms and webform only criminality was cleared in these months. Any info on this would be great appreciated.

Cheers

Reactions: IRCCExpress

Pallavibhasin20

Sep 4, 2020
Hi experts i received a response on my web form query from ircc on sept 4:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

The Case Processing Center in Ottawa, Ontario, established that your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
The background verifications are not in process yet.
The security background verifications are not in process yet.
The criminality background verifications are not in process yet.
· All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

My AOR is Feb 9, 2020
FSW outland USA applicant
Medical and biometrics also done in February. Please help me understand what this means? Also, i ordered GCMS this monday and another webform last night. How long does it usually take to start background check after eligibility?

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Hi All,
I received an ADR request for form IMM5406 ( additional family information document). Is there something wrong or anything to worry about?

AOR: 23 feb
MED: 3rd March
BIO: 11th March
FSW outland

no update since then until today asking for this document. as per gcms and webform only criminality was cleared in these months. Any info on this would be great appreciated.

Cheers
Hi mahinangia, have you received GCMS notes mentioning recommended pass / pass / valid regarding your eligibility requirements?